It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe and US Be Aware - Winter Is Returning...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
OMG it just started snowing, OP was right!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Oh boy do I hope your right S&F for you all the way from NEPA! I am smiling so hard it hurts !
My legs are so tired from doing the snow dance

Thanks for that excited tingley feeling I am feeling now!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

I too am located in az I really hope it gets cold cause I cannot stand the heat especially when summer is 8months long. Great post

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
OP: I don't think it's possible to tarnish your rep when it comes to predicting the weather.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Sorry but some people rely on the cold TO PUT MONEY in their pockets all though it's
wonderful not to have the cold upon us we decide to live in the northern US and normally it's cold here !!!
If I want warmth I would move to the Keys !

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Good thread. It'll be interesting to look ahead for.

My first thought was about how this could further hurt our economy, some people don't have the luxury of keeping the heat on all day.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I just use the Farmers Almanac. It says one word for New England end of January 2012 - BLIZZARD.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have gave you a star and a flag, thank you for a very informative and well written post. It will be interesting to see what happens especially seeing as a very cold winter was predicted for the UK. I still have plants in my garden that would normally have died off months ago, our grass is growing fast compared to other winters too.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Nice work OP..very detailed, and you definitely put some time into this S&F for you.
I live above that high risk line in the U.S. and have been around winter and snow my whole life. As far as I'm concerned, mother nature can keep her snow, It won't break my heart to not lift a shovel this winter. But on the other hand, a severe lack of winter weather here in my own backyard is troubling to me. I don't pretend to know what this means, and I don't want to play the global warming card, but something is erring with our planet right now

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You explained that well, I hope you are right, I love extreme weather!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
73+ flags for giving us a weather forecast? Erh? I was kind of expecting you to reveal that some huge storm heading our way or we were set for a heat wave or something!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Dude.... I appreciate the info ....but can you break it down to laymen terms for us folks that work some muntain job and hardly have time to change Celius to Farinheight... What is the bottom line?. Are we doomed or is Obama gonna come and save us from our Bible reading Gun tooting way of life and put us in a Fusion Center where we will have to pay rent for them saving US!
Easy. I get it. Just PLZ take it easy on us simpletons and say what you are trying to say so I can spread the word to have everyone go buy the Barry Serento Long Johns.
Real... we aren't scientist we're regular working fools who are going to ignore Ron Paul and Vote for Newt....lols...the guys a inside JOB by himself. Plz reply ...asap...
Thanks from all who fail to use this media to say they are ignorant. I ain't proud but I',m a VET and my oldest just enlist in the USMC. God Help him.
PLZ respond!!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
we have our own ats weather man haha.

s+f

i hope your right because this lack of snow is starting to bother me

you should checkout OzWeatherman, he's the real deal on here, havent seen much of him lately though.. I would love to hear his thoughts on this.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That's amazing! I was noticing violas and mustard vine in bloom today. Usually we're snow covered and freezing out tails off by the first week of January. The weather has changed. I remember this story from a year or so ago:

Damaged Gulf Stream Is Affecting Jet Stream: Global Abnormalities in Weather

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Time will tell. Kudos for sharing your prediction. It's very daring. S&F!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't mean to get off topic, but threads like this make me love and appreciate the Internet. Anywhere else, you'd probably have to pay a weatherman to do. Add in the Internet and you have people like jrmcleod analyzing this data and putting in research for free.

Good work, S&F for you!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I seem to remember several meteorologists stating that due to La Niña another harsh winter would return to North America this year.

Same as it's predicted to bring high rainfall to parts of Australia again.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

The OP is predicting snow and freezing this winter?

And people are somehow surprised and impressed by that?

Ooooo.....k.

This just in, I did some research and I´ve come to the conclusion that there might be sunshine coming summer....better stock up on sunscreen.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
10 day forecast for connecticut has 1 day of rain, 9 dry days

but I am under no illusions we won't get 2 feet of snow at some point

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
S+F
Maybe not the return of winter just the start.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Returning? I wasn't aware it ever left! I do find it interesting however that no matter what the year there is someone to exclaim how unusual or not normal the weather is. Look at it from a much broader view and it's not such a big deal. I'm a Colorado native and from my 37 years experience I know that some years are mild and hardly like winter at all and others will leave you with several feet of snow from September till May.

We have already had a few snows this year, still have snow on the ground and today it was dang near 60. No that's not unusual, it's totally normal. I always watch for colder weather to follow when it's been warm like this though.

It's not a freaking weather apocalypse, just deal with what it is and move on. Weather changes, it has highs and lows, mild and harsh, ect...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join