It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Huge Object like UFO emerges from Ocean and brings havoc in... 1910!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sounds like a great story.

What i find most interesting is that the further you go back in history, the more vivid and strange the storys get, what really grabs me is that they are all so similer.

You can go back 100 years and find stories like this one, go back another 50-100 and you have stories from the old west before planes existed, back a few hundred more years and yet more stories of objects in the sky, go back thausands of years and tablets and cave pictures depect yet more of the same.

Truly intriguing.

Does anyone else think we are missing something so obvious the rest of the universe is giggling in the backround waiting for us to "get it" so they can jump out from behind the sofa and say "supprise!, what took you guys so long"? - i do

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by Arken

It was common back then for people to think they were looking at an air ship or 'Blimp'
There are a ton of reports of this nature to be found though a half bottle of whiskey prevents me from searching for them..

Still, i remember reading about a spate of sightings across America (maybe) and hundred or so years ago where people actually spoke with the occupants and were told they were (variously) stopping for water or to make repairs..

And uso's are pretty common as well when all's said and done, as for the path of destruction, well, maybe something was wrong. It was in Ireland so maybe they'd been sampling the local beverage's... i can say from current experience that it would definatly affect your driving skills.. lol

Super. Earth is the gas station of the universe.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This has to go in my list of top 100's

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thats interesting. Maybe a UFO from Atlantis!? Or maybe we have an underwater military facility or something?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nice work Arken, two more I didn't have

Check out these as well.

Strange UFO Coin from 1680 Puzzles the Experts
www.abovetopsecret.com...

UFO Battle South France, from Marseilles to Genoa, 1608
edit on 9-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If anyone has an interest in airships, as well as some of the intrigue and mystery about them during the time, I highly recommend looking up the name Charles Dellschau, and reading about him.

Charles Dellschau is most renown for his art depicting airships, but, the deeper you dig into his story, the more interesting it gets with a secret airship group of fellows, fanciful magical elements used to propel and lift the airships; all quite interesting.

On a curious note, Charles Dellschau's depictions of airships seem to have a stronger resemblance to descriptions of Vimana in the Vedas than what we consider blimps and balloons today.

Fun, puzzling, interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Nice work Arken, two more I didn't have

Check out these as well.

Strange UFO Coin from 1680 Puzzles the Experts

UFO Battle South France, from Marseilles to Genoa, 1608
edit on 9-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

thanks, master.

I know both of these events, but what thrill me is The UFO Battle of Genoa and Marseille.
Absolutely awesome historical report.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Thank you.

have some links?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by nineix

Thank you.

have some links?

There are some links in my old thread on this topic Arken. www.abovetopsecret.com...

S&F.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've heard of the mafia smuggling in drugs by sinking pallets of them to the bottom of the ocean with a timed inflatable balloon. It would rise to the surface at a later date, ready to be picked up.

Yeah, I know.

~Glu
edit on 9-1-2012 by ElmersGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Klassified has some good links in his thread as per his say. The book he's linked; The Secrets Of Dellschau is a must read.

Further, if you're familiar with the Alien/Spaceman rumored to be buried in a cemetery in Aurora, Texas, that ties into the same airship/ufo phenomenon that was sweeping the country late 1800s

I highly recommend researching and following up on Dellschau.

A tease, as per quote from Klassified's thread (credit to Klassified):

Dellschau left a series of “scrapbooks” that were written in German, English, and in code. They were found by a man named Navarro in 1969 who spent years decoding and researching Dellschau’s life and claims. One being that airships were common in Germany in the mid 1800’s.

I may be incorrect in stating this, but, last I checked, i seem to recall understanding that some of the Dellschau code was still unsolved, and many notebooks are also missing.

He lived here in Houston for a time, so, with that in mind, I'm always on the lookout for any of the missing Dellschau notebooks in garage sales, estate sales, or other similar such. Any of his art originals gifted out while he was alive that found their way into someone's attic or public circulation alone would be a great find.

edit on 9-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Sounds like a great story.

What i find most interesting is that the further you go back in history, the more vivid and strange the storys get, what really grabs me is that they are all so similer.

You can go back 100 years and find stories like this one, go back another 50-100 and you have stories from the old west before planes existed, back a few hundred more years and yet more stories of objects in the sky, go back thausands of years and tablets and cave pictures depect yet more of the same.

Truly intriguing.

Does anyone else think we are missing something so obvious the rest of the universe is giggling in the backround waiting for us to "get it" so they can jump out from behind the sofa and say "supprise!, what took you guys so long"? - i do

They are always depicted from the sky. You would think if we came from monkey's we would have been drawing pictures of hominids or chimps. A picture of a micro-organism from the evolution cesspool would be nice.

no it's always from the sky, never from the earth. That's why all cultures have it because it was such a phenomenal sight that it was told/documented by all who witnessed it. People's from all over the globe for thousands of years have been seeing this.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

well said , you are spot on
centuries of evidence that we have been visited by entities not of this world and still people do not believe

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well Christopher Columbus also saw a "something" just before landfall in the New World in 1942...

Even Christopher Columbus, it appears, saw a UFO. While patrolling the deck of the Santa Maria at about 10:00 PM on October 11, 1492, Columbus thought he saw "a light glimmering at a great distance." He hurriedly summoned Pedro Gutierrez, "a gentleman of the king's bedchamber," who also saw the light. After a short time it vanished, only to reappear several times during the night, each time dancing up and down "in sudden and passig gleams." The light, first seen four hours before land was sighted, was never explained."

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Pretty bizarre cases in my opinion.

Bizarre? Really? From the same source

Oh and BTW This is a PHAGE

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Maybe they had just stocked their cargo hold full of potatoes and the deck officer had got the load out wrong and they couldn't gain enough altitude to clear the coastline
Interesting article I think back in the day what people saw was what they saw they were a lot more serious about life back then than we are today

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hi Arken I read a book called Passport to Magonia by Jaques Valle . He describes events similar to the one in your post with people seeing and talking to the occupants of strange airships it is a riveting read if you haven't read it already I really recommend it.

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
reply to post by Arken

Hi Arken I read a book called Passport to Magonia by Jaques Valle . He describes events similar to the one in your post with people seeing and talking to the occupants of strange airships it is a riveting read if you haven't read it already I really recommend it.

www.scribd.com...

Thanks for your gift.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
hmmm,,

I'm most interested in how the physical damage was done by the object.

Did the object itself impact the field, cattle, etc, or was it the actual propulsion system that was elevating the object that did it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join