It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Huge Object like UFO emerges from Ocean and brings havoc in... 1910!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Did they have Chinese lanterns back then?

Kidding... kidding...

Ha Ha Ha! No swamps in Ireland either so we can rule out swamp gas!

And seriously can someone please tell me how a balloon can destroy boats and injure cattle?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
WTF?

Slightly OT, but at the first loading of this thread, all I could see was a big "Blocked by SOPA"-message. I had to scroll way down to read the postings, but there was no newspaper-scan.

Is this a drill from ATS to influence its users? Should we be more concerned about SOPA? Did I miss something over the weekend (were I notoriously seldom visit ATS)?

Reloading this page: Presto, everything was there, scan of the newspaper included.
'

Read this How SOPA could kill ATS and free speech online

I freaked when I saw that yesterday morning when I went to ATS. I guess it could really happen. I would not be happy.

OP that is a pretty cool account! I really find USO's interesting. There are quite a few accounts of objects coming out of the ocean and going into the sky.

I always love things like this. USO sightings I find a little more intriguing. The oceans are so vast and we don't know crap about them. We know more about Mars than our own oceans

Who knows what is down there

Well... if you like USO's then check out ol' Chris Columbus, apparently he spotted a USO hours before discovering America, rose from the water and just hovered watching them with lights shining towards them or so I believe, cant remember where i read that, might be slightly different from that account as the details are slightly hazy in my mind, but they definately witnessed something.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Fascinating- I love reading these historical reports. Seems UFO's (and USO's) have been with us for a long, long time.

I think somebody has already mentioned the 1897 Aurora case, where the 'airship' collided with a windmill, crashed and the small humanoid occupant was killed. Buried in the local cemetary, its said that the body lay complete with gravemarker unmolested for decades. It is believed today, however, that whatever was buried there has been removed as metal detector returns have ceased from the area since a MUFON investigation asked the cemetery association (and were refused) permission to exhume the body.

I think this, coupled with the many witness testimonies at the time may rule out the 'newspapers made it up' to 'put the town on the map' hoax theory.

ufo.whipnet.org...

www.chron.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Fascinating- I love reading these historical reports. Seems UFO's (and USO's) have been with us for a long, long time.

UFO Sighting in the year 776
Emperor Charlemagnes Sigiburg Castle, France

This is a paragraph from a book by Jim Bradbury called The Medieval Siege

Image from the 12th century manuscript "Annales Laurissenses"

At Sigiburg the Saxons besieged the Franks, and set up siege engines, though the chronicler sneers that they did more damage with their engines to themselves than to the Franks another suspiciously frequent comment to belittle one's foe. The Saxon engines did not do the trick, so they prepared faggots to fire the town, but God intervened and sent two shields red with flame over the church so that the Saxons fled. It is difficult to know what a modern reader should make of these pious accounts, beyond a recognition that monkish chroniclers thought safety lay in the hands of God. Accounts of sieges in the Frankish period, when the enemy was often pagan, are particularly prone to this kind of description.

Image from the 12th century manuscript "Annales Laurissenses"

]These images of two crusaders date from a 12th century manuscript " Annales Laurissenses" (volumes/books about historical and religion events)and refer to a UFO sighting in the year 776, during the siege on Sigiburg castle, France. The Saxons besieged and surrounded the French people. They both were fighting when suddenly a group of discs (flaming shields) appeared hovering over the top of the church. It appeared to the Saxons that the French were protected by these objects and the Saxons fled.

[img width=640 height=272]http://www.thelivingmoon.com/49ufo_files/04images/Paintings/Annales-Laurissenses-III.jpg[/img]

Skeptics have said this was likely a Comet... but there were TWO objects. Comet Haley appeared in 607 AD and 837 AD

edit on 12-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976
Well... if you like USO's then check out ol' Chris Columbus, apparently he spotted a USO hours before discovering America, rose from the water and just hovered watching them with lights shining towards them or so I believe, cant remember where i read that, might be slightly different from that account as the details are slightly hazy in my mind, but they definately witnessed something.

History Chanel
Now I just need to find the original transcript of that log book

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It's a Tesla Saucer, Believe it or not.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Im pretty open minded....but is it me, or does that second drawing posted look like a ripoff?

It looks too cartoonish for that time period, there's something odd about it that I can't quite place.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join