It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Battle South France, from Marseilles to Genoa, 1608

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+83 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
UFO Battle South France, from Marseilles to Genoa, 1608

Yup 1608 Going way back. Seems they fired 800 rounds of cannon shot at them and didn't make a dent...

Fine UFO in Liguria (Genoa by the CUN)

1608, agosto – Genova-Nizza – Nel mare genovese vengono visti affiorare fino all'ombelico esseri con figura umana e braccia coperte di squame con 2 serpenti volanti in mano. Molti colpi di cannone non sortiscono alcun effetto. Avvistati nello stesso periodo a Nizza "strani oggetti nel cielo che gettano sangue sulla terra".

1608 August - Genoa-Nice - In the sea are seen emerge from Genoa to the navel beings with human figure and arms covered with scales, with two flying snakes in his hand. Many guns are slow to no effect. Seen in the same period in Nice "strange objects in the sky throwing blood on the ground."

1608, 15 agosto – Genova – Nel porto appaiono 3 carrozze ognuna trainata da 6 figure di fuoco simili a draghi con serpenti che lanciano urla spaventose. Le chiese si riempiono di supplicanti, vengono indetti digiuni e processioni.

1608, August 15 - Genova - In the port appear three carriages each drawn by six figures of fire with serpent-like dragons throwing scary screams. The churches are full of supplicants, are organized fasts and processions.

web.tiscalinet.it...

France - UFOs in History August 1608

NICE -- In August 1608, the inhabitants of the South France, from Marseilles to Genoa, witnessed a true UFO flap, reported in a chronicle entitled "Discours des terribles et espouvantables signes apparus sur la mer de Gennes". In Nice, the inhabitants saw three strange luminous vessels which evolve at high speed above the city. The three machines stop near the fortress and descend to just above the water where they cause the water to boil and emit a red-orange vapor.

Numerous witnesses saw two humanoid beings with large heads and large luminous eyes, dressed in a red suit with silver scales, connected to the flying machine by tubes, and engage themselves in several hours of strange work.

www.nationalufocenter.com...

1608 UFO Aerial Battle

In August of 1608, people of southern France, from Marseilles to Genoa, witnessed a true wave of UFOs, as reported in a chronicle of the time entitled, "Discours des terribles et espouvantables signes apparus sur la mer Gennes."
In the sky over Martigues an aerial battle took place which left an odor of saltpeter (gun powder).

The inhabitants of Nice saw three strange luminous vessels moving at high speed above the city. The vessels stopped close to a fortress then went down into the sea causing the water to boil and release a reddish-colored vapor.

To the amazement of onlookers, two humanoid beings with large heads and large luminous eyes, and reddish scales connected to their vessels by tubes, passed several hours in some kind of strange work.

Also off Genoa an aerial battle took place between flying objects and other craft emerging from the sea. The soldiers of the fortress delivered eight hundred blows from their guns to drive off the intruders.

www.inquiring-mines.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well the French never could shoot straight..

But that's odd..I wonder what the two aliens were doing for hours..
Nice find, I like the old ones..s&f..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great post. Historic sightings are good because if you read the original reports they aren't tainted with all the modern UFO "knowledge." Thanks!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well this proves time travel because everyone knows that there was no such thing as a flying saucer/UFO/alien ship before the media made them up in 1947.

Seriously though, great find...it's very interesting to read about UFO events that happened ages ago, I'd never heard of this one. Thank-you. S+F

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Nice Find S/F

This is what keeps me believing !!! But I find this interesting, arent ufo's reported to this day doing this, too? and I quote:

.....descend to just above the water where they cause the water to boil and emit a red-orange vapor.

EDIT: They are almost always found coming out of... or near water and when found near water also sucking up water. Man they love water

edit on 1-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Not much to go on. I had a few others but never saw this one before either.

Couple other famous ones that were recorded

Nuremberg Germany UFO Battle April 4, 1561

April 4, 1561 at dawn over Nuremberg, Germany - Woodcutting

One of the earliest of documented sightings of aerial phenomena took place on April 4, 1561 at dawn over Nuremberg, Germany. What was described as a war in the heavens, with a wide variety of craft ranging from spheres to spear-like cylinders to crosses and "plates". The sky was apparently filled with the machines, clashing in battle for well over an hour. The battle was such that a winner was perceived as well. Spheroid UFOs were seen emerging from cylindrical 'motherships'. At the conclusion of the battle, it seems a magnificent, black, spear-like super-ship of some kind came upon the scene. An ancient woodcut (click image to view full-size picture) was created by Hans Glaser to document the event. A second woodcut was created by an unknown artist (see below) that depicts the same event.

The woodcut shows two people apparently witnessing the event. Hundreds of oddly shaped and colorful objects fill the sky above. The woodcut also seems to indicate that two of the objects may have crashed to the ground (bottom right in the above picture).

It began at dawn, as dozens, if not hundreds, of crosses, globes and tubes fought each other above the city. It ended an hour later, when "the globes in the small and large rods flew into the sun," and several of the other objects crashed to earth and vanished in a thick cloud of smoke. According to the Nuremberg Gazette, the "dreadful apparition" filled the morning sky with "cylindrical shapes from which emerged black, red, orange and blue-white spheres that darted about." Between the spheres, there were "crosses with the color of blood." (i.e. red crosses) This "frightful spectacle" was witnessed by "numerous men and women." Afterwards, a "black, spear-like object" appeared.

The author of the Gazette warned its readers:

The God-fearing will by no means discard these signs, but will take it to heart as a warning of their merciful Annunciation with St. Emidius Father in heaven, will mend their lives and faithfully beg God, that he avert His wrath, including the well-deserved punishment, on us, so that we may, temporarily here and perpetually there, live as His children.

www.altereddimensions.net...

Basle, Switzerland August 7, 1566

August 7, 1566, at dawn, Basle, Switzerland - Woodcutting

A similar reporting occurred just five years later in Basle Switzerland. On August 7, 1566, at dawn, many citizens of Basle (Switzerland), frightened, saw during several hours the black spheres involved in a formidable aerial battle, invading the sky of their city:

The city's gazette recorded:

At the time when the sun rose, one saw many large black balls which moved at high speed in the air towards the sun, then made half-turns, banging one against the others as if they were fighting a battle out a combat, a great number of them became red and igneous, thereafter they were consumed and died out.

It should be pointed out that the descriptions and woodcuts are attempts by artists nearly 500 years ago, to depict an event that they potentially could not comprehend. Some have pointed out that the woodcuts and descriptions of the event sound very much like a modern day "dogfight" between planes of opposing forces. The black circles in the woodcut look very similar to explosions in the sky as photographed by World War II reporters. In addition, the cross shaped vehicles look very similar to the profile of a World War II fighter ascending in a steep climb. As such, some have proposed that the events witnessed were actually old World War II battles and that some sort of slip in space/time allowed the 16th century town to witness an event that would not occur for another 400 years.

To date, the only original source we've discovered that recorded this incident is the 1958 book, A Modern Myth: things seen in the skies (Ein moderner Mythus Von Dingen, die am Himmel gesehen werden).

www.altereddimensions.net...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

with human figure and arms covered with scales

ooooooooh Zorgon...the reptilian fans are going to have fun with this one !!!

Personally, I find those stories are the best! Witness testimony and no bias. No modern day crap adding mud to the water. Very Very Interesting!

I'm still reading a book about very old Canadian sightings. Amazing!

Thank you for sharing this one! S&F.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
awesome
thanks
never heard this 1 before
1600s nice an old an untainted

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing these sightings out in the open, I had forgotten all about them over the years as we focus on more recent sightings.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

amazing! i sometimes start to question the the validity of the UFO phenomenon but then i read stories like this and i'm a born again believer! thanks zorgon. S&F obviously.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Excellect photo sketches wonering someone going to say there CGI lol I was just listening to the vid on Gods of Eden and it mentions how history showed them around and perhaps intefering with human population, or just checking as guardians, during these reports was they fights or troubled times

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
here are some links to historical research done on the case and may reveal the 1608 France story is nothing more than a twisted fabrication

link 1 - alturl.com...

link 2 - alturl.com...

These images, published in the 70s by the GEOS France (Gérard Lebat copyright), together with a version of the story of 'UFO in Genoa in 1608, many novels and different from that found in' the original brochure .

link 2 - alturl.com...

supposedly this website in link 3 is the source of the hoax

link 3 - alturl.com...
edit on 2-3-2011 by easynow because: fix link

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

How does this prove time travel? If anything it proves the existence of alien beings.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
joke/

Oh come on, all those people around when it happened and no one hand drew what they looked like?
all that parchment and coal to doodle and nothing?
man what a bummer

That woodcarving was chopped... it was easy back then to add things like that, little onion skin, saw dust,
wood putty and poof.

/joke

Great find , would be nice if there was more written down.
I like reading about older sightings, makes me wonder what they really saw
or what the event came to be from local lore.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Awesome case Zorg. That and the other case where the full color illustration was on the front page of the newspaper after everybody witnessed the battle in the sky are some of the more... convincing cases. It's kinda hard to deny the UFO phenomenon is at least in part not-of-this-world with such widely witnessed sightings from so long ago.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Awesome, I've never heard of the first case before. Is that painting legit? I really don't see any kind of explanation for what those saucer-shaped objects could be, and the witness testimony makes it all the more bizarre and hard to explain away.

I have seen the woodcuts before, though. What I really like about that old woodcut and the accompanying story is that it seems to describe/show all of the most commonly witnessed UFO types reported these days: The glowing spheres, the cylinder/cigar-shaped UFOs and the large black triangles.It definitely sounds like some kind of battle, but I find it intriguing that the objects which were 'shot down' completely disintegrated. Perhaps some kind of territorial dispute among extraterrestrial factions, or maybe it was the "good" aliens protecting us from the "bad" aliens, like what seems to be described in the Mahabharata.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Good find Zorgon!

I am however worried that most of you are not questioning these events, if they are indeed true accounts! I'm going to pose some questions that I think are pretty important to debate:

Why were these events so localised? Are there any other reports from other place around the same date?
What were these battles in the sky over?
I'm guessing that if this was an extraterrastrial battle, they wouldn't come all the way to earth to fight it out?
Why in the inner atmosphere of earth was it played out?
If this was going on in the the inner atmosphere, what was going on in space?
Was one side trying to harm humans and the other side intervened?
Why would they be trying to harm us, if the above question is true?
Was it a battle of ownership? If so, who now owns us?
If these cases are true, then surely that throws out "benevolent alien species" theory, does it not?

Obviously the above questions are based on the assumption that it was other wordly entities involved with these cases, and not some other weird phenomena occuring. Please add any other theories you might have to explain why "aliens" were fighting a war on "our patch", as I can't currently think of any other motivaton behind it!

edit on 2-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great picture... look at the lower right balls on the ground, wouldnt that be physical evidence?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here is the original if anybody feels like translating the text? I'd like to see what was actually said by the artist/author!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ledzeppelin489

It was a sarcastic joke, sorry lol. The joke is regarding the fact that a lot of debunkers or psuedoskeptics claim that flying saucers are a modern invention of the imagination starting in 1947.
Stories like this are a plus in the ETV theory for me.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join