It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Sentences Iranian-U.S. spy to death

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Exactly. That's the confirmation that he's NOT a spy. Come on, phantom - you know how that game is played as well as I do.

There are probabilities around and here is what is inside my mind :

1. There are pictures and videos confirming he's spy.

2. There are facts saying he was visiting his grandmother.

I think , the pictures and video's weigh more than the reasons for visiting Iran does. + When planning an espionage , pies put different layers of facts in front of the real reason.

here is my question. How comes that a US marine wanted to visit his grandmother when he knew that Iran is not in good relationship with US ? ( Iran even doesn't have a US embassy )

with respect.
hmdphantom.

To other members , I don't start saying something at least I have some reasons to say so..

And I have demonstrated facts in hand to confirm he is an spy.

Maybe you can come with more facts and confirm he is not.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienStalker
No offense to OP, but the death sentence is an acceptable form of punishment around the world for anybody found to be a spy for another nation...

To say this spy is a victim of "Islam" is to ignore the entire history of espionage...

If the US found a spy for a foreign government they would be killed....no questions....

Iran should have no reason to act different when finding a US spy in their midst...

Then they(media) would have claimed he is captured and no one has the right to visit him. They would say he is being tortured in Iran prisons and all lies they have ready in the chamber.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
And after all , it is showtime.

It is time to see what spies in Iran do and what are the consequences :

The magnetic bomb which was planted by an unknown motorcyclist under the car of Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan Behdast, a professor at Tehran's technical university, also wounded two other Iranian nationals in Seyed Khandan neighborhood in Northern Tehran.

Ahmadi Roshan, 32, was a graduate of oil industry university and a deputy director of Natanz uranium enrichment facility for commercial affairs.

No more details have been revealed about the blast.

The blast took place on the second anniversary of the martyrdom of Iranian university professor and nuclear scientist, Massoud Ali Mohammadi, who was also assassinated in a terrorist bomb attack in Tehran in January 2010.

The today bombing method was similar to the 2010 terrorist bomb attacks against the then university professor, Fereidoun Abbassi Davani - who is now the head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization - and his colleague Majid Shahriari.

FNA

That is a part of his brain on the ground.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I've got news for you. It isn't just the West that doesn't want Iran to have nuclear capabilities, it's the entire Middle East. All of your surrounding countries don't want you to develop it either, because they consider your country a threat to the entire Middle East. They are just as capable of trying to protect their own interests as we are. Any of these things could have been accomplished by anyone, but Iran will blame the West so it doesn't look like the rest of the region has turned against them, when they have.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just like Iran continuing to spout that they've arrested more "U.S. spies" for trying to interfere with the upcoming election. We all know there are plenty of people inside Iran trying to corrupt and interfere with that election. They don't need the West for that.

en.ria.ru...

"Iran’s Intelligence Minister Heydar Moslehi has announced the arrest of several alleged U.S. spies charged with an attempt to disrupt the upcoming parliamentary elections, the official IRNA news agency reported."

“The detainees were in contact with abroad through cyberspace networks,” IRNA quoted Moslehi as saying on Sunday."

“We arrested them after we obtained full information about their espionage activities,” Moslehi said without giving any further details."

There's a reason they don't give further details. It's because they don't have any.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

hey are just as capable of trying to protect their own interests as we are

They don't want us because they can't.

In most of those countries no major scientific development accrues.

They are just consumers and refuse to turn into moving toward development. They prefer to have relationship with US than trying to make their own path to their future. They will always be good cat that will be beaten easily if necessary.

So , they are afraid to see their neighbor wake up and get out early for work.

And what you said would justify how Iranian scientists are assassinated ?
edit on 11/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

The other Middle Eastern countries are trying to stop Iran from possessing nuclear capabilities because they think your leaders are lunatics too and will misuse whatever technology they are capable of developing. It's not that they're jealous. They want to stop the craziest from possessing dangerous weapons.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

There are probabilities around and here is what is inside my mind :

1. There are pictures and videos confirming he's spy.

2. There are facts saying he was visiting his grandmother.

I think , the pictures and video's weigh more than the reasons for visiting Iran does. + When planning an espionage , pies put different layers of facts in front of the real reason.

here is my question. How comes that a US marine wanted to visit his grandmother when he knew that Iran is not in good relationship with US ? ( Iran even doesn't have a US embassy )

with respect.
hmdphantom.

Fair enough. I'll wait and see if Iran can ever produce the photos and videos that prove he is a spy, since it is claimed that they have them. Those you posted do not demonstrate that. Is there a source I can go to somewhere that would confirm that with photos and video? You are an Iranian, in Iran, so if any one would know of such a place in a free and open society such as Iran has, it would be you. I'll wait on the links for the evidence.

Regarding a visit to his grandmother, I don't know how much Iranians value their relatives, or the elderly in general. I'm an American hillbilly, and we place great value on them. I would take a trip through hell to see mine. Former military service has no bearing on that. Hillbillies I know who have never marched in the formation would do the same, because of the value we place on the elderly. I'm aware of the fact that Iran has no US Embassy - it was closed in the aftermath of the hostage crisis, and has never been reopened. International relationships have no bearing on the value place upon relatives, either.

While it's true that those who engage in espionage place layers and layers of cover over the espionage forays, it's also true that they don't carry ID cards that say "I'm a spy" any more than they carry photos and video that would blow that carefully planned cover out of the water, and tend to engage in activity that would preclude any newly produced "evidence" of that nature.

RE the last photo in that series, I have a question - is this fellow a spy? If so, for what country, and how can you tell if he is a spy, and the country he spies for?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/584718f7afa2.jpg[/atsimg]

That appears to me to be a Russian AK-74 he's holding, and since the "American spies" in your photo were holding American weapons, does that indicate this fellow is a Russian spy?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeeterminedThey want to stop the craziest from possessing dangerous weapons.

You should clarify the relevance of the concept "crazy" when referring to Iran.

Is it crazy to drop two nuclear bombs on two Japanese cities? Is it crazy to sail 9,000 miles to murder 1,5 million Iraqi civilians in their homes? Is it crazy to bombs weddings, schools and hospitals (including the Red Cross) in Afghanistan?

You should clarify what' s crazy and what's not, because if one country is to be expected to use nukes again that would be the only country that used nukes before.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Fine, the definition for "crazy" as it relates to Iran is the desire to make martyrs out of themselves. The leaders in Iran are the only ones I know of that would use a nuke, thinking that a return nuke would "save" them. The term Mutually Assured Destruction would mean nothing to them.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Brasov

Fine, the definition for "crazy" as it relates to Iran is the desire to make martyrs out of themselves.

If they wanted to be martyrs then why haven't they attacked Israel yet? it seems they don't put any value in being anihilated like you' re trying to sell.

Unless you consider it "crazy" to give your life defending your country, but then just as crazy would be you if China invaded U.S territory, am I wrong?

The leaders in Iran are the only ones I know of that would use a nuke, thinking that a return nuke would "save" them.

Then why don't they apply the same "reasoning" to other kinds of weapons?

According to your personal mindframe, Iran would attack anything jewish or american within reach just hoping to get anihilated back. Why hasn' t it happened yet? They have the ability to sink U.S. carriers but hey let them run away from the strait untouched.... what's your explanation for this lost oportunity for martyrdom, other than their alleged "death wish" being an american child's fantasy?

edit on 11-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It is humorous to say the least to label one group mentally unstable for wanting weapons by another group who is "crazy" enough to have them already. I will agree that military action is in all cases the loss of reason in dealing with problems and the continued skew of thought when finding solutions.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Iran hasn't done it yet for two reasons. One, they don't have the ability....yet. Two, they need a "just reason" for doing so and nothing has escalated to that point...yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

edit on 11-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I would also like to add that by engaging in any activity whether justified or not, behind an enemies borders during times of war or negotiation of war is a death wish.

I would argue that anyone willing to take that risk does so with the mentality of a combatant. A soldier would find it justified to die in defense of his country. A civilian would find any sacrifice whether noble or not a failed venture since by doing so he is not defending his country or even his person.

Law of self preservation keeps innocent people from their enemies still within their borders, but not from an ally entering them for the purpose of war.

simply put he was there when he shouldn't be. If he was visiting family, the impending war should suffice as reason enough to delay the visit, or at least move it to safer ground.

If he is tending to personal matters of any nature, the fact of war looming over the horizon is reason enough to obey the law of self preservation and leave those things to better times. If he negates that law he does so justified (and IMO) with the mindset of a combatant.

edit on 11-1-2012 by casenately because: fix

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Iran hasn't done it yet for two reasons. One, they don't have the ability....yet.

They do have 1,000's of antiship missiles, so the ability to cause huge losses to "the american satan" is there.

They haven't done it because a retaliation would destroy their country, and Iranians just like everybody else want self-preservation, not death.

Two, they need a "just reason" for doing so and nothing has escalated to that point...yet.

The U.S. is trying to escalate the conflict by all means, without any "just reasons" at all. So it's actually the U.S. who want to "martyr" them. The U.S. worldwide war-mongering, resource-grabbing and meddling in other people's internal affairs is the real threat to peace in the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

Tell me if I'm wrong, but they just recently announced this man's death sentence, but he was arrested and has been held in custody since August 2009.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

They do have 1,000's of antiship missiles, so the ability to cause huge losses to "the american satan" is there.

So what? This isn't enough to accomplish their mission, which is to remove U.S. from Middle Eastern affairs while removing anyone from control over Middle Eastern land that is not Muslim.

They haven't done it because a retaliation would destroy their country, and Iranians just like everybody else want self-preservation, not death.

If they were so worried about their country being destroyed, they wouldn't be standing up in everyone's faces with pointed fingers every damn day.

The U.S. is trying to escalate the conflict by all means, without any "just reasons" at all. So it's actually the U.S. who want to "martyr" them. The U.S. worldwide war-mongering, resource-grabbing and meddling in other people's internal affairs is the real threat to peace in the world.

The U.S. doesn't need to escalate anything. Iran is doing a fine job on it's own.

link   

Originally posted by Brasov

So what? This isn't enough to accomplish their mission, which is to remove U.S. from Middle Eastern affairs while removing anyone from control over Middle Eastern land that is not Muslim.

If they were so worried about their country being destroyed, they wouldn't be standing up in everyone's faces with pointed fingers every damn day.

The U.S. doesn't need to escalate anything. Iran is doing a fine job on it's own.

link   

reply to post by casenately

Tell me if I'm wrong, but they just recently announced this man's death sentence, but he was arrested and has been held in custody since August 2009.

It's called DUE PROCESS, the U.S. instead has Guantanamo and torture flights.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join