It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Sentences Iranian-U.S. spy to death

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Man they are editing out Iran media?
Did not know that.

I guess this must cover news papers to.
www.gpo.gov...
edit on 9-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Is it possible the CIA blew their own agents cover, knowing the consequences, as a way to incite public opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yes Iran does fake spies all the time case in point:

British soldiers captured were spies
3 American hikers were spies

Now this but never mind the US will save their sailors!.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by hmdphantom

You should read my above post.
His family claims he is innocent.

Sorry, not going to leap right up and believe a nation so idealogically slanted as yours.

America has its faults. But to portray Iran as some innocent nation is biased and ludicrous.

jeez beez

i knew a lot of kids that got into dealing
and got drive-bye'd or otherwise shot

they always showed the mom or granma crying on TV

"lies!!! he was a good boy!!!"

hello beez! ever heard the saying "out of the loop"?

was he living in a bubble, [ or in a CIA pleasure dome full of houris, a la Hassan AL Sabah]? he didn't know uncle sugar, drunk on blood was raring for a fight with the Persians?

not saying it's the case with you beez, [frankly i'm shocked, did you get vaccinated recently?]

but it seems obvious to me, that many calling BS or claiming Iran is making it up know better, they are usually baying bloodthirstily for more wars.

lol maybe OP can u2u member Ahmadinejad and you can all line up, tell him this guy is not a spy, and he'll let this dupe go L
L

he should have known better, from the moment they told him they'd deny having anything to do with him if caught.

this guy was burned, being half iranian says it all.

"those who are ashamed of their origins never accomplish much in life, because that life is founded on self-hatred"
-Pedro Albizu Campos

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Apologies.
I must have cut myself with Occam's Razor while shaving this morning.

Trust a government that makes a policy of lies about spies? (I mean Iran, BTW)
Or
Trust someone who claims they are innocent.

The person in question is not some street punk with gang tats, saying that he didn't know the victim was going to run into his knife 44 times.

He's a marine. So I will accord him the respect he has earned.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

trust no government, period

Cui Bono if US and Iran go to war?

certainly not Iran, or the women and children there, or the mutated AtomKinder that will soon be born from DU

because he's a marine? if he'd been spying for Iran, or if he'd shot POSUS you'd be baying for his blood.

don't let the light of "the shining city on the hill" blind you to the fact that it is burning like rome.

occams has nothing to do with it

the use of half-breeds by spooks for infiltration or betrayal has a LOOOOONNNG history...

this guy forgot he was half-iranian, in a country that has been promoting hatred of muslims for a long time now, his self hatred, has allowed him to be used and thrown away.

a perfect example of the quote in my previous post

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is not the only "spy" Iran has captured lately, there seems to be quite a regular happening indeed.

This is how it works: The US sends a guy to act as a spy, giving him a "fake" mission and objective.

When he is on the plane, they tip off the iranians of this guy, anonymously of course. They capture him, and sentence him.

This is all a plot to create outrage in the American public, which will further their (quite obvious by now) own agenda of a war with Iran.

Now Iran has the chance to do the smart thing here, to release this man and cause the plot to backfire. They have done this in the past... remember those "hikers" ?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

This is all a plot to create outrage in the American public, which will further their (quite obvious by now) own agenda of a war with Iran.

Let's call it, for what it really is. The Iranians are quite paranoid over what has occurred, both concerning the sabotage, the blockade and the real Israel/US threat. So paranoid, that they are starting to see ghosts in every corner, and hoping that their hardline will unify the people, and/or get the opponents to the table.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yes Iran does fake spies all the time case in point:

Yes, the Iranian leadership needs to keep reminded their repressed population that they are surrounded by enemies. This helps justify their shoddy human rights record and the large numbers of people killed off for having a contrary opinion to the State sanctioned view.

The problem with Iran is that justice is not transparent. We do not know whether this man is guilty or innocent. We have no idea whether any confession has been extracted through torture or threats. However, judging from Iran's history and practice, one can assume his guilt pre-determined.

I would love the people who think this is "great" to post up the court notes showing a measured and appropriate trial where his guilt / innocence has been properly ascertained. I somehow don’t think even Wikileaks would get those papers.

Regards

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Lets not forget that the US and many many other countries have executed thousands of spies over the years.
It will never end till the spies are recalled which by the way we all know will not happen.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Even so, Iran is in public light right now. You may think people sit at home, uninformed, delusional. But this bright world is filled with interested people, and rest assured they are watching EVERY Iran vs. US story like bloodhounds. Because the time to decide on war is rapidly approaching, everyone likes to think they make good informed decisions, and one is coming up.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

"Amir Mirza Hekmati was sentenced to death ... for cooperating with the hostile country"

Of course, making a person "disappear" without warning and locking them away indefinitely without charges and being tortured on a daily basis is much better. This guy appears to have at least had a trial.

Yeah atleast he had a trail, people at gitmo dont get sh*t

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

"The court found him Corrupt on the Earth and Mohareb (one who wages war on God). Hekmati can appeal to the Supreme Court."

Well, I guess that can be translated to spying for the CIA, no? Then again, it could translate to wearing the wrong clothes, buying the wrong music. having too suntanned of skin, practicing the wrong religion, speaking the wrong language and/or a variety of other things, as well...

edit on 9-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Seems we may be on the right side, FF.

Ex-Marine's family says he wasn't spying in Iran

WASHINGTON (AP) - The family of an American man sentenced to death in Iran for allegedly being a CIA spy says he was visiting relatives and was not spying for the CIA.

If he was spying for the CIA, his family certainly wouldn't know about it.

It's not like "American Dad".

edit on 9/1/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Does Iran have anyone in their custody that ISNT a CIA spy?

I swear you would think after this repeated Modus Operandi , that people would start to think

"Hmm perhaps they are just using this as an excuse to use people as political prisoners"

And they say the US is a paranoid nation

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by subcsailor

If they did carry out the sentence then may God have mercy on them. Things just might get worse.

Why? How many men have has the US, fried in the chair if I may ask? and how many of these were innocent, and has the fact that innocent people have been sentenced to death in the US, convinced the US to not use the death penalty?

No?

God have mercy on YOU.

I prefer to stay on topic. So I will answer your "why".

Because most people I know will be extremely pissed off. Americans.... Not the government. So f the government wanted to take action the people will back them. And for the citizens that don't want to, well their peers will shut them up and imply they are non American. Sort of like the start of WWII.
edit on 9-1-2012 by subcsailor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
They kill 1 of us, we kill 1 million of them.... Iran, please think long and hard (that's what she said) before you do this, horrible consequences will soon follow for your country....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Didnt we just save 12 of their sailors? oh yea thats a conspiracy. This is what will happen, we wont hear no more about it on the news and we will negotiate a release.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
im glad hes sentenced to death

maybe this will be the best example that americans need to know about

now the idiots that our government brainwashes to go into countries that hate our guts will realize there is no way in hell this kind of risk is worth taking.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

You know what, everyone that breathes dies eventually, oxygen has killed more people than the world bank...why not talk about oxygen?

Let me guess, that one went over your head and you really have no idea what's going on in Iran. Correct on two cases I presume?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join