It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Sentences Iranian-U.S. spy to death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's Revolutionary Court sentenced an Iranian-U.S. man to death for spying for the CIA, the semi-official Fars news agency reported Monday.

"Amir Mirza Hekmati was sentenced to death ... for cooperating with the hostile country (the United States) and spying for the CIA," Fars said, without giving a source.

"The court found him Corrupt on Earth and Mohareb (waging war on God)."

NY times

So , another spy in Iran is captures and treated with Iran's internal Islamic laws.

notice the without giving a source.. it is very funny to demand a source or judge but I have some source here :

www.mashreghnews.ir...

the title (حکم دادگاه جاسوس آمریکا در ایران صادر شد ) provides the information.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

The story I saw was from AP. This just crossed the wires about what, fifteen minutes ago?

I can't wait to see this on fox later today...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
At least Russia was sensible and played the game by swapping agents as opposed to trying to pee the other side off, which is what this seems to be to me and is a move that will (IMHO) only ensure things escalate further.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I think this is the way it will play out.

Iran thinks they won a victory. They will hold him and at just the right time to gain political favor with [insert name here] they will release him. It is pure politics now. If they did carry out the sentence then may God have mercy on them. Things just might get worse.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

Of course it will take much reviews to say it on fox.

They should try some patriot sentences and then blame Iran for capturing that spy and not returning him home in tuxedos.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Just saw this story on yahoo.com, and wow, the comments section is blowing my mind. People want war now, they are calling for Iran's head. I guess the time is near.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
We had an American spy in Iran?

Really?

Much more likely the government sent him over there and then sent a hint to Iran he was there to instigate this.

I just really don't think the story adds-up on the whole...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

Really?

Much more likely the government sent him over there and then sent a hint to Iran he was there to instigate this.

Since he is part Iranian, he could easily have been set up.
edit on 9-1-2012 by football6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by football6

Really?

Since he is part Iranian, he could easily have been set up.
edit on 9-1-2012 by football6 because: (no reason given)

I didn't mean American as in white-skinned, sorry I didn't clarify... I thought we were well beyond that...

I meant they wouldn't need to use an American (of any race) to spy in Iran when they could pay 1/2 the people in the country of Iran to do it for them.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by subcsailor

Political bargaining power? Nah... remember America's official stance:

"We will not negotiate with terrorists..."

It wouldn't be the first time that America sat by and let it happen...

This is purely meant as a media spectacle to ramp-up the pressure for a war with Iran.

Here we go again...

And this time it won't just be a country filled with AK's and RPGs...

Sigh... time to move to Switzerland...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
While it would be awesome if Iran returned him in some kind of play for favor chances are good they will also tell the US to go get stuffed and execute the guy in order to please the hardliners who have serious pull within the government and military there. If they do end up actually executing him then I suspect that will be a bullet point under the justification list for a throw down with Iran, if that happens get the TIVO units ready boys and girls cause its going to be completely unlike Afghanistan, Iraq or Libya for sure.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
"Amir Mirza Hekmati was sentenced to death ... for cooperating with the hostile country"

Of course, making a person "disappear" without warning and locking them away indefinitely without charges and being tortured on a daily basis is much better. This guy appears to have at least had a trial.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

reply to post by subcsailor

Political bargaining power? Nah... remember America's official stance:

"We will not negotiate with terrorists..."

It wouldn't be the first time that America sat by and let it happen...

This is purely meant as a media spectacle to ramp-up the pressure for a war with Iran.

Here we go again...

And this time it won't just be a country filled with AK's and RPGs...

Sigh... time to move to Switzerland...

While I support our policy of no negotiations, we do have a history of back door policy. If memory serves correct Major Powers was shot down over the USSR. Found guilty at trial. Then quietly handed back over to us in an exchange. I'd guess other cases over the years with different countries have had similar results.

And I am not saying that Iran would negotiate with us directly. It would most likely be through a mutual county we can work with like Venesuala (wait...no), Russia (crap...no again), I know, China (dawg gone it). Well time for plan B.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

"Amir Mirza Hekmati was sentenced to death ... for cooperating with the hostile country"

Of course, making a person "disappear" without warning and locking them away indefinitely without charges and being tortured on a daily basis is much better. This guy appears to have at least had a trial.

That is why I said it's all for the media...

They could have killed him and buried him in the desert without anyone ever knowing (which is what I assume normally happens)...

And instead they stick him on TV and parade him around. Just sayin'...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I understand what you're saying and, with all due respect, I was referring to the National Defense Act recently signed by Mr. Obama. If you're not familiar with it, this Act authorizes the United States government to place anyone, even US citizens, in a military prison, indefinitely, without charges or trial, for cooperating with a hostile country.

As deplorable as the action by Iran is, we are really no better.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This Islamic regime is only bringing shame on Iran, I say they are the real people hurting Iran and by their own rules they should commit mass harakiri. Once a nation that drew people from all corners of the world...now a nation where the youth can't wait to get out of. Shame on Iran. Let Amir live then return him to his home.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
so yeah...dont go there if you are going to spy on them.....they will kill you.....their rules....now you know

"Iran claims to have captured CIA agent who 'planned to infiltrate intelligence service'"

"In May, Iran claimed it had detained a network of 30 CIA operatives on suspicion of spying for the United States.
On Tuesday Iran indicted 15 people on charges of spying for Washington and Israel but gave few other details."

"Spying in Iran can be punishable by death."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 9-1-2012 by newyorkee because: bite me

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

They also kill you outside of Iran;

Like in 1992

And there are more cases, more recent ones as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Why is everyone assuming that he is a spy?
Just because some idiot in Iran says so?

The guy could be just a poor innocent schmuck who posted on the wrong site, had an American flag (and was turned in) or bought McDonalds at the wrong time.
-sheesh-

They just want to kill someone.
Someone half American.

Bully-nation!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

......Israel kills outside its borders....USA...etc....what's your point....they are worse......I think it's the war offered by TPTB....conventional war is no longer valid....it has too many checks and balances.....public opinion

The CIA has been in Iran since we put a puppet in power...he was ousted...and the USA has been trying to get one back in.....with the world bank to follow

The world bank has killed more people than Iran....why not mention them while we are at it...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join