It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian war fears spark closure of Israel reactor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

LOL..
Nothing the US is telling them.. it's what Israel knows. If war is gonna break out Israel will know before anyone because they will be starting it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I would say it's far more likely Israel is doing a test run in the lead up to any major threat.

Would'nt that make more sense????
edit on 9-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Of late, exact types of attacks for which drills are being held seem to have a propensity for happening. 9/11 and 7/7 come to mind.

Apparently this is a "drill" simulating an attack by Hezbollah, Hamas or Syria. Quite likely they will announce they have been attacked too

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I dont think they are actually shutting it down yet. But are planning what the protocol will be for a rapid reaction shut down in the event of a war.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I agree this is a serious step and should be looked at as a harbinger of bad times to come......
It is getting more obvious all the time that war is inevitable.What we need is regime change in the US and Isreal.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Israel is a good indicator of things to come, they have always known war since it's formation in 1942. If Israel fears a genuine threat we need to fasten our seat belts because where in for a bumpy ride.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I´m pretty sure the israelis have already got such protocols in place, they have been living threatened of being bombed for many years now. It´s just my opinion, but it seems logical that IDFs have already tested such scenarios in the past. To me this looks like another step towards the inevitable, the media are playing the war drums, we see troops moves and deployments, tactical exercises, and both sides upping up the threats each week. It´s like watching a fight build up in the school´s playground, it´s going to happen because one of the sides (the bully) wants to fight, except that the implications are much more serious.
edit on 9/1/2012 by Jooles because: grammar

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jooles

Yes I understand.

But you can never be to prepared.

You always need to test you plans then the backl ups then the backup of the backups.

And then repeat testing.

Once you stop testing and checking you fail.

That is kind of what happen in the previos offensive. They were unprepared for the attacks which they recieved.

They the Isrealis want to make sure it never happens like that again.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Not to mention it can be directed at enemy targets as well. PEOPLE.

Think of a troop housing area. Think of a storage tank for fuel. Would take about 40 seconds to pop a storage tank if that.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Came across this from Dec 26th
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Theyre just doing the logical thing incase of a threat. It's common sense you don't want an operational nuclear facility cranking away, if missles hit that it would be worse than Fukushima Japan. Ah, i'd rather stick with coal power, at least if those plants explode it doesn't have the potential to kill millions. It may not be considered clean burning but i'd rather breathe in soot than radiation and in that regard coal is definately a cleaner energy imo. You may not be able to make WoMD out of it but it will keep you warm in the cold winter.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah this thig hasnt actually been shut down. They are just making contingecy plans to do so on short order if need be. PRESSTV is about as reliable as Debka...there is always a grain of truth albeit with their own spin.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Even if the reactor is shut down
would it not still be a target and
dangerous? Does anyone know
what a safe amount of time it would
be for the reactor to be shut down.
So many questions but I feel things
are really heating up now.

They would have to remove the fuel ... and that basically means, the israelis are currently "arming" themselves with nuclear weapons, not just as a threat, but as an actual possibility to use them.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Yeah this thig hasnt actually been shut down. They are just making contingecy plans to do so on short order if need be. PRESSTV is about as reliable as Debka...there is always a grain of truth albeit with their own spin.

That is true of all news agencies. and if you are searching for the truth on something ... you have to listen to both, or all ... not just pick one.

edit on 9/1/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Very interesting.

Pardon my ignorance, but is Dimona just a weapons facility or is also a Nuclear Power Generating Station as well? Either or, a complete shut down of a Nuclear Site isn't an easy task and not one to be executed unless the government fears it's going to be leveled.

IF a war does break out, I can see the Iranian military going tit-for-tat if the Iranian Nuclear Sites are hit.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

www.theaustralian.com.a u
(visit the link for the full news article)

If so than this is major news because they kept that site running during the Yom Kippur war. Back then they could have lost it completely. Now they must know something major is in the works to shut it down or they have one hidden and don't need this site anymore.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Woah, so they are actually shutting it down now.

this cant be good.

A terrorist nation shutting down their nuke weapons plant? Should we start cheering now or wait an appropriate amount of time.

Thats quite a statement coming from a man from the nation some would consider the biggest terrorists of all.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
The US Armed forces just volunteered some human shields and the THAAD system so if US Soldiers die, it can be used as justification for an invasion of Iran.

The THAAD is an extremely capable system, but from what I know it can only engage ballistic targets, and aircraft, but it can be saturated.
edit on 8-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Sure it can as just about anything can be if you throw enough at it. That is also why the Navy has a bunch of SM-3s off the coast, The Israel-U.S. Arrow, Iron Dome and PAC-3. Basically they will be testing every system that the U.S., NATO and Israel has working together as a single blanket of air defense. Oh and forgot to mention all the portable Phalanx gun systems they have to shoot down those pesky things that could get through, like Hezbollah's bottle rockets.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
warships in the straight of hormuz, iran holding live fire rocket drills, israel shutting down nuclear plants and obama up for re-election equals war.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How long would it take to shut down a large megawatt plutonium reactor,or a series of?
An hour or so I would guess,which may be too long if there are incoming missiles.

Therefore,shutting down the reactor(s) early would be the safest bet.
But they would have to remove any dangerous materials from the site as well.

That could be problematic-unless they have secret deep tunnels with trains in them leading away from dimona.
Which would be easy,if you have already built a "secret" underground nuke facility.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Very interesting.

Pardon my ignorance, but is Dimona just a weapons facility or is also a Nuclear Power Generating Station as well? Either or, a complete shut down of a Nuclear Site isn't an easy task and not one to be executed unless the government fears it's going to be leveled.

First, thanks for the catch on this. This story brought me to a full stop faster than anything else recently. Tallk is cheap and endless....action is precious and rare. THIS action cannot be laughed off. It's too reflective of a building fatalism and acceptance of major war just over the horizon.

Dimona is a power station from a couple lengthy books I'd read on that place. That is...one of it's functions is a power station. lol... Below the false floors and facade is apparently one of the most extensive and advanced weapons research and production facilities anywhere in the World. If they actually took this offline for THIS reason...and not just making hay out of a schduled main't cycle or needed shutdown for other reasons, then I think the war is ALMOST set to rock.

If any Americans are still anywhere in the Middle East Region...don't HAVE to be there...and can still get OUT, I have a feeling that ability may be very fleeting at this point. This isn't the time for procrastination.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join