It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian war fears spark closure of Israel reactor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pepeluacho

Israel does not have the ability - either naval / air or land - to affect an invasion of Iran.

Commandeering other sites? Nuke sites are overseen by the government there, so im not sure what they would be taking over.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

A good question about Dimona. I just happened to come across this video a couple days ago. It's about an insider that took 60 photos of the plant and the processing areas. According to the guy, up to 40kg a year of weapons grade plutonium, up to 10 warheads a year can be made.

I don't know if it's true, or to what extent, if it is at all. I would say based on the closure of the facility,yes there's enough info in the photos and the video to take precautions. Then again, they have a surplus, so I'm sure the demand is low on missiles.

Anyway, hope this is informative and helpful.

. www.youtube.com...Dimona

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1

Looking very much like the above scenario is falling into place...

The entire scenario, does show the arrogance of the US. The scenario does not dictate a "defence" scenario, but a possibility, as a retaliation effort when the US strikes. In other words, the US intends to strike.

China, has no real power today outside its country ... it lacks the aircraft carriers.

Russia, has one aircraft carrier ... it does not, have the ability to launch a strike on the US.

The scenario, that US is playing with ... is a totally impossible scenario, no one in the world is preparing their military for any strikes against the US. However, the US is preparing itself for strikes, against the world.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I believe it is both. Mordechai Vanunu was the Whistle Blower back in the 80's who took pictures and gave detailed information to Sunday Times. He worked at the site. They generate both energy and have extensive underground development of weapons not far from the Nuclear Energy site itself located in the Negev Desert south of Dimona.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
The scenario, that US is playing with ... is a totally impossible scenario, no one in the world is preparing their military for any strikes against the US. However, the US is preparing itself for strikes, against the world.

It says that the US will launch pre-emptive strikes. Latest Russian defence policy includes nuclear strikes in response to attacks by conventional weapons. So if they attack Russia, they have to be prepared for nuclear retaliation from Russia. It doesn't make sense to attack and not use nuclear strike first knowing fully well there will be nuclear missiles headed your way anyway.

Apparently they left China out in these games. Why is the US planning a suicidal attack on Russia in order to leave China as the only unchallenged super power left?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Ive never used RT as a source for anything. I have used PressTV to highlight the propoganda comin from it, as well as to shove it back down the throats of the people who swear by it when they post stories those people dont like or want to hear about.

My mistake again, sorry for the accusation, as to everything else you said in that post, I agree with you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
America don't give a flying %£$ about ISRAEL they care about the dollar and fuel.

ISRAEL don't care about America, they care about wiping IRAN off the face of the planet.

All UK care about is licking americas arse,

and All the UN care about is eating popcorn and watching everything unfold into new wars.

I think im losing respect for people in arm forces, it's them acting out these orders.

edit on 10-1-2012 by polos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Looks like Iran better get it's house in order. If Isreal is really shutting this place down then playtime is over.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

No worries man...

As far as the shutting down of the plant goes. Its also possible they are doing it because of the drills themselves. If they are going to be doing live fire exercises and testing out missile interceptors, its possible they might shoot some items towards that direction. Shut the plant down to ensure no meltdown if any wayward missiles hit it,

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Bizarre that the article claims Israel makes "nuclear weapons there".

Its a nuclear power plant.

Bizarre Iran wants nuclear power.
Others claim Iran makes `nuclear weapons there

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ummm...they can make weapons there if all of the necessary required facilities are in the same location and Israel is small so i would imagine everything is at Dimona...and deep underground.

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by dontreally

Bizarre that the article claims Israel makes "nuclear weapons there".

Its a nuclear power plant.

Bizarre Iran wants nuclear power.
Others claim Iran makes `nuclear weapons there

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by superman2012

No worries man...

As far as the shutting down of the plant goes. Its also possible they are doing it because of the drills themselves. If they are going to be doing live fire exercises and testing out missile interceptors, its possible they might shoot some items towards that direction. Shut the plant down to ensure no meltdown if any wayward missiles hit it,

That is true. I wonder which side is "accidentally" going to start this war. I thought for sure there was going to be an "accident" in Korea. Is this just more trunk swaying?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join