It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wouldn't it be neat if in 2012...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
there isn't a cataclysmic event like a asteroid hitting the planet of the poles shifting, but a disclosure event in which an advanced civilization reveals itself to us. But necessarily a alien species with grey skin and huge black eyes, but descendants of the ancient mayans or other highly advanced civilizations that for some reason left the planet Earth to avoid a previous catastrophic disaster. Even if this was the case I suppose it would still be the end of the world as we know it because more likely then not they will come to colonize and reclaim land and areas that they once inhabited. Who knows? It would make a neat plot for a sci-fi movie.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Define 'pole shift' first.

That would be neat!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I will be greatly surprised if we don't encounter an alien race as a society within 5 years..

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
That would be cool, yes. I think it would be just as cool if the huge build up of anxiety and apprehension toward 2012 resulted in people eventually becoming happier by taking things into their own hands and becoming less afraid of the future.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There will be no out of our Earth cataclysmic event that affects us. There will be no out of our Earth physical being visiting our planet anytime from now to when scientists claim our Sun will burn out, because they are Hollywood movie figures. The closest we'll possibly get to seeing a being of your description in physical form will be a Fukushima baby.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just because something has never happened before doesn't mean that it will never happen. I posted this thread because a friend of mine sent me some information about the mayan prophecy. Personally I believe that December 12, 2012 will be like all of the other days over the past few centuries that were predicted to be the end of the world. The end is going to come and humanity as we know it genetically now will eventually no longer exist. The end can come a billion years from now or 2marrow. It can end with a big bang or in the blink of an eye --> we would never see it coming... we wont suffer... we will simply blink out of physical existence.

I simply randomly thought that it would be neat if the Mayan calendar set a date for when a previous advance civilization would return to the planet. A advanced civilization that left behind several crumbling monuments that would be difficult for us to build with our current technology and impossible to built by slave labor; that for some reason left the planet in mass.

Having the mentality that things will always remain the same for us as a race is absurd whether you are a theist or a atheist. No human can account for every moment in the planets 8 billion+ years.

if your a theist, your books clearly outline that alien life has been created before the planet and humanity.

If your a science savvy atheist, you have to be reasonably open to the idea that alien life that is intelligent exists somewhere in this universe or any other unknown universe statistically. You simply do not believe that it exists due to a lack of public evidence that you can observe.
Also google pole shifting: en.wikipedia.org...

I believe that the human population is long over due for contact with an advanced or similar to us alien species.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
OK it might be the v+t making me go out on a limb here...
But ever since I can remember I have had the year 2013 stuck in my head.
Deep down, personally, I believe that aliens will return. but not until next year.
it's selfish to think we are the only ones in the universe. just sayin.....

oh, and back on topic why does it have to be an ending? why not a beginning?
edit on 6-1-2012 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
There will be no out of our Earth cataclysmic event that affects us. There will be no out of our Earth physical being visiting our planet anytime from now to when scientists claim our Sun will burn out, because they are Hollywood movie figures. The closest we'll possibly get to seeing a being of your description in physical form will be a Fukushima baby.

What annoys me is when people say something to be a fact, it is not a fact, for you don' t know, it is mere speculation.
I believe their already here you just haven't expanded your mind enough to perceive them

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

What you just did was give your opinion based on speculation while saying that I was wrong.. Believing something just means that you yourself perceive it as fact, or else you wouldn't actually believe it.. Nice job contradicting yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelknives52

That Wiki link did not define pole shift whatsoever. In fact, it was a total void of definition.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if instead in 2012 we get WW3, followed by an economic collapse, followed by the use of biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons, followed by a deadly epidemic, add that to all the increasing natural disasters.

I think that seems more plausible now

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by michaelknives52

That Wiki link did not define pole shift whatsoever. In fact, it was a total void of definition.

Here is a good link on what a Pole Shift is. www.dailycommonsense.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The most dangerous thing is that some people take this way to serious.
I wont be surprised whenI hear on December 22, that some cults performed mass suicides.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I know what pole shifts are, I wanted to know what kind of pole shift the author was indicating.

new topics

top topics

join