It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Navy rescues Iranian sailors from hijacked fishing boat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

(CNN) -- U.S. sailors from a carrier strike group whose recent presence in the Persian Gulf drew the ire of Iranian military officials have rescued 13 of the Middle Eastern country's sailors from a hijacked fishing boat, a military spokesman said Friday.
The destroyer USS Kidd came to the aid of the ship Thursday in the North Arabian sea, near the crucial Strait of Hormuz, according to the Navy.

Interesting turn of events, quiet a surprise to me as well. Maybe there is some good hearts out there not only wanting destroy all of Iran.

ATS's thoughts?

source

EDIT: woops, can mods please move this to correct section? thanks.
edit on 6-1-2012 by heyitsphil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
These men were rescued because our sailors are good guys. It's there command that isn't!

These were civilian sailors. They were from all over the middle east. I don't think our navy would be so quick to rescue a failing/sinking Iranian warship.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
These men were rescued because our sailors are good guys. It's there command that isn't!

These were civilian sailors. They were from all over the middle east. I don't think our navy would be so quick to rescue a failing/sinking Iranian warship.

Thanks for posting.

I agree, our military personnel are good people, the command are the people that I have an issue with.

I hope that the Iranian govt. sees this and treats it as an act of good faith, our sailors didn't have to rescue them, the fact that they did shows a little hope.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think most of the men and women serving in the forces are good people, they're just commanded by idiots at the top

Afterall soldiers only fight wars, politicians create them.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Thanks for posting.

X2

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Maybe the US and Iran can turn this good event into a positive and open up discussions again... At least we found a common enenmy...Pirates!!!!! Now lets build off that

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Good point, a common enemy is a good way to come to peace.

Plus, the elimination of all the somali pirates would do good for the region!

new topics

top topics

join