It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Phil Donahue On Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

"We are dropping bombs on crowded cities at night where old people and children are sleeping.. AND WERE ARE WATCHING IT ON CNN."

"How are we safer? It's very common sense observations."

I always liked Phil.. and this secures my position on him.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Great Video!

Not just on Ron Paul's stance, but on the problems with the American Dream, and the war drums that it takes to get elected, and the lies from government, and the power of fear, and how fear is destroying our nation.

Great Post!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Excellent post, Calg! I am also a huge fan of Donahue. For some reason I've liked that guy since I was a kid.

G-R-A made a good point too about Donahue's take on the American dream.

I just wish the interview had been on a more primetime show. One that actually gets the viewers. Instead this was shuffled to a spot where it's unlikely to be heard by the masses. Piers just continues to lose the numbers needed.

edit on 1/6/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

"We are dropping bombs on crowded cities at night where old people and children are sleeping.. AND WERE ARE WATCHING IT ON CNN."

"How are we safer? It's very common sense observations."

I always liked Phil.. and this secures my position on him.

Good ole phil, always told it like it was.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Phil was ahread of his time.

And Ron is behind in time. Here's what I mean.

Ron Paul makes too much sense. Like 25-years ago sense, or more. I'm wondering if the country has just been too dumbed down and desensitized to understand.

the things going on today EVERYWHERE should astound us - it's inconceivable!

It's 1984 all over again

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I think it's absolutly sad that Phil is right about using war as an election tool. Needless wars at that. But i do see a light at the end of the tunnel. People are slowly waking up and if Ron Paul does gets elected I believe it's going to be a great step forward towards at least four years of peace. And if any of the subsequent presidents keep up the idea of peace and negociations as a tool to promote the safety of the the citizen, then the following generations will hopefuly have this ideal of peace ingrained into them.

I believe most people are tired of war but they are so scared due to the political propaganda perpetrated by the MSM that if we don't go to war they will kill us. People need to educate them selves about what those "terrorist" countries can actualy do. Once they do that they will see that those countries can't really do much.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Seemed like a sincere interview.
My opinion of Phil Donahue has been knocked up a few pegs.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Mr. Donahue sees it the way it is.
Which, I am sad to say, alot of people don't see this.

I agree with his views on "Americanism" too.
By that, I mean if you don't support all these wars, you are a coward.

Why is the only candidate that supports our Constitution fully, being blacklisted?

People of America need to get away from that which is programming your thoughts.
We don't need more war, we can't afford it.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg of fear mongering.

We need to regain our country back from the media who lies with these power hungry thieves.

Ron Paul is the only candidate to speak out against all these things!
That is the reason they are scared...
That's why he deserves all our support!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What astonishes me most about this clip is that CNN aired it, and it was a positive view on Ron Paul. Now i know they are usually a bit more objective than Fox News, but they have been bashing him pretty hard lately.

Maybe this signifies a change in their stance?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have always admired Phil, and miss his show, but to hear him speak about our current events was awsome, especially how he defends Dr. Paul. GREAT POST OP!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Phil Donahue was a little before my time or at least before I was awake and aware of the world. Do you think he would have said the same things if he was still on the air and wasn't retried?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

There is really nothing that he said that I couldn't agree with. It really does seem that almost everything in this country is upside down. Ron Paul, a man that has done nothing but talk about the constitution for 30 years, is the man that everyone thinks is insane. And why? Because he thinks that maybe we shouldn't be fighting all these wars? That maybe it would be nice for once to not have to listen to war propaganda on a daily basis? Why can't the people in Washington pick up the damn phone and try to talk things out once in awhile? Why must everything lead to an armed response? It's sad.

On the point of the American dream he's absolutely right. The steel mills for instance. See that's the difference. We actually made things here. People had jobs to do and you didn't need both parents to work 40 hours a week to feed your family. Those opportunities are gone. And people sit here and tell those sitting on their rear end to go out and get a job! You can't do something that doesn't exist. Yet people walk around and act as if nothing changed. You're an insane conspiracy theorist if you talk about the constitution or history?

You wonder how Hitler was able to win the hearts of his people. You wonder how Rome was able to enslave a large percentage of it's population. You wonder how we've been ruled by Kings and tyrants throughout our history as a species. This is why. People are stupid. I'm sorry to be so blunt here, but people in general are just stupid. We enjoy being slaves. We enjoy being ruled. We love the whip to our back. There really is no other explanation.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
Phil was ahread of his time.

And Ron is behind in time. Here's what I mean.

Ron Paul makes too much sense. Like 25-years ago sense, or more. I'm wondering if the country has just been too dumbed down and desensitized to understand.

the things going on today EVERYWHERE should astound us - it's inconceivable!

It's 1984 all over again

You are right on more levels than one. I am not a US citizen and I do support most of what Ron Paul says. He is the only candidate that should be let anywhere near the whitehouse. However, his plan to fix the US economy is at least 25 years too late and if implemented today would destroy any hope left for 99% of the US citizens unless he also plans to confiscate all the Gold owned by the 1%. Thats not gonna happen and they wont allow the currency to be backed by a less precious metal without a world war.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Phil is more in touch with the people than most politicians.

He would have made a great politician himself.

A politician for the people that is.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You want to hear some irony? Back in 2001 MSNBC tried giving Phil Donohue a show. Fox had started staking out the right and making big ratings gains against CNN. I remember being excited that we were getting a "star" when he came in our studio for the first time.

Phil Griffin who was not yet president decided Donohue was too liberal. Next thing I know we took a complete 180 and tried to out FOX, Fox with Pyscho man Savage who by his first week got yanked for saying something completely over the top.

I left in 2003 to work at CNN and but continued consider msnbc my network eventhough I had worked at fox and was told By MSNBC that I could either screw my friend max Schindler who got me the job there through his crew agency and sign directly with msnbc or quit. Everybody else took the gig but I said go f yourselves.

In the end, the host I admired most for his objectiveness and willingness to concede valid points contrary to his personal beliefs, chris Matthews, sold out his principles and drank the koolaid in the name of branding and ratings. By the time the Obama penis loving parade was in full swing I would sooner vomit than consider Rachel
Maddow anything remotely close to "news" and recognized a pathetic exercise in branding for what it was.

After watching that clip, I'm terribly saddened for the loss of phil Donohue for what could have been. His was the most rational and well made argument for Ron Paul I have ever heard. God bless him. He is a true talent.
edit on 7-1-2012 by zarp3333 because: Grammar was always my weak suit

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

What happened to the usual question so who would you want to see represent the repulican vote? Did they forget to ask because he made a special mention of Ron Paul?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

edit on 7-1-2012 by vkturbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This should be required viewing for all Highschool seniors.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Go Phil!

You see, liberals CAN and ARE getting behind Ron Paul.

Now ask yourself, why isn't this video comment by Donahue begin mentioned by any MSM politico? Because the only time they want to talk about Paul is along the lines of "he's a kook".

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Not sure if this has made it to ATS but here goes:

Expect the unexpected: the assassination of Ron Paul

youtu.be...
edit on 7-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join