It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you got a plan if WW3 brakes out where would you go to shelter from nuclear fall out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
The person who invents a working grammar checker will become very wealthy indeed.

WW3 brakes out?

I think I need to have the breaks replaced in my car. There squeeking.

I'll assume you're being "ironical" by criticizing someone else and then spelling "There squeeking" instead of They're squeaking.

Those in glass houses and all that!

Anyway, I agree that it would all depend on location and type of weapon. There are plenty of variations when it comes to weapons of mass destruction.
I'd be inclined to sit it out. If it's that bad I wouldn't want to survive it knowing most of those I knew are gone. What a lonely existence that would be!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The same place my grandparents and my parents were going to go if it happened. So imagine the same place my kids and my grandchildren will go LOL.

Originally posted by TBR47
I live in a high rise block which is very sturdy and made out of concrete.and the walls are very thick,in my hallway i have a closet and inside that closet is a door to another room which has no vents or windows it is just an empty concrete box with a few asbestos pipes in there lol,but anyway if the 4 minute warning ever comes i plan to seek shelter in there,i have about 300 cans of food in my pantry which i have bought in the past and never eaten like spam beans carrots stewing steak all sorts,i plan to take all my canned food in there and drag my water cooler in there too,i usually drink 1 19 litre bottle of water in 1 month but that is with hot water too i use it for cups of teas.depending on what time of the year it was i would probably have a few months of fresh water,i get 3 new bottles every 3 months.I got a glipse of hope that surving a nuclear war is possible with out living in a nuclear bunker after watching this

www.youtube.com...
do you think it would even be worth trying to live after nuclear fall out or would it be better to just die,

edit on 6-1-2012 by TBR47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I have a couple old gold mines for shelter with over 300 feet of rock.
There is no targets withing 25 miles so direct blast will not be a problem.

And since i have been through the military NBC warfare school and know about all the bogus it will take months to a year before the radiation to go down BS.

I figure that i will only have to use the mine for a week or two then i can start collecting(salvaging) what i need to survive from the homes of those that did not survive because they never tried.

The more that give up without trying the better i will love.

For you that do not plan to survive please go outside before you die of radiation.

There is nothing worse then a dead body rotting in a house.
It means i will have to scrub everything i salvage down with bleach to clean it.
That is hard to do with canned food as the labels come off

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
WOW!!!! Folks have really thought this out. Its almost like they played a video game or something then got to thinking.....(or wishing if you read what most ATS'ers say).

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
reply to post by yourmaker

the guys in that space station are probably the safest can you image the view they would have too they would see everything,

Yeah. They might get a chance to see all their supply ships get blown up. In this case, "safe" may be a relative term.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I do have a plan for this kind of disaster, and yes I would want to try and survive, No matter how hard the difficulty was. I have a well built shelter, with a positive pressure inside, meaning if there was a leak in my shelter air would want to escape, not come in. I have about 500 canned food, 500 #'s of rice, 500 gallons of water, gas masks, potassium Iodide pills, ect.. plus alternative energy: Wind, Solar, Deisel generator (with the correct exhaust and carbon monoxide detectors, and if all that failed which it probably would, I have a manual crank hooked up to a bicycle to manually recharge my 12 T-105 batteries, enough to give me a fighting chance. I live in an area not to close to a major city, and access to a national forest just in my back yard, I grew up with a father terrified of a Nuclear strike, and so i guess it has rubbed of on me. BUT even with all this, it would be extremely difficult, but I feel as though its in all of us to fight to survive. I would not just lay down and take it. none of you should.

It is but in a nuclear SHTF scenario there's nothing to do... the winds will carry the radioactive dust around the globe a couple times over... there's not going to be a single place that won't be radiactive... even if you save your food you'll have to get out somehow someday and then radiation will get the best of you... we're not talking Chernobyl here we're talking BAD stuff... we don't know the effect it will have on the atmosphere neither it could kill the ozone than the sun would be more dangerous than the radiation itself...

I've analyzed this scenario over and over and there's no escape if you won't die today tomorrow's coming with a grin...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by AwakeinNM

They're*

Second line.

No kidding. I misspelled it intentionally. That was the point.

We wouldn't need grammar nazis if people would pay attention in school, now would we?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
The person who invents a working grammar checker will become very wealthy indeed.

WW3 brakes out?

I think I need to have the breaks replaced in my car. There squeeking.

I'll assume you're being "ironical" by criticizing someone else and then spelling "There squeeking" instead of They're squeaking.

Those in glass houses and all that!

Anyway, I agree that it would all depend on location and type of weapon. There are plenty of variations when it comes to weapons of mass destruction.
I'd be inclined to sit it out. If it's that bad I wouldn't want to survive it knowing most of those I knew are gone. What a lonely existence that would be!

Of course I know how to spell. I would not criticize someone's spelling if I didn't.

Also note the correct placement of the apostrophes in the previous sentence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join