It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you got a plan if WW3 brakes out where would you go to shelter from nuclear fall out

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

So you live near RAF Menwith Hill. Ouch..... You won't need to be too concerned with shelter, I'm thinking. Recall that millisecond of brilliant light and nanosecond of heat? I think you may be too close to even get that much. It would seem, if that is what you're close too with the Golf Ball type structures...you're sitting right next to a major regional NSA/British Intelligence listening station and intelligence base. Err...... Pray for peace?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Maybe stealing a yacht or small boat from the bottom of Scotland and heading through the Norwegian sea to the Arctic circle then lol i know it sounds a bit impossible but it could be done.
edit on 6-1-2012 by TBR47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
I live in a high rise block which is very sturdy and made out of concrete.and the walls are very thick,in my hallway i have a closet and inside that closet is a door to another room which has no vents or windows it is just an empty concrete box with a few asbestos pipes in there lol,but anyway if the 4 minute warning ever comes i plan to seek shelter in there,i have about 300 cans of food in my pantry which i have bought in the past and never eaten like spam beans carrots stewing steak all sorts,i plan to take all my canned food in there and drag my water cooler in there too,i usually drink 1 19 litre bottle of water in 1 month but that is with hot water too i use it for cups of teas.depending on what time of the year it was i would probably have a few months of fresh water,i get 3 new bottles every 3 months.I got a glipse of hope that surving a nuclear war is possible with out living in a nuclear bunker after watching this

www.youtube.com...
do you think it would even be worth trying to live after nuclear fall out or would it be better to just die,

edit on 6-1-2012 by TBR47 because: (no reason given)

I'll just climb on top of my house roof and wait... I'd rather die quick than from radiation poisoning. I'm no quitter but think about it carefully...There's not gonna be a one nuke scenario... Soon as the any country fires a nuke a second big bang will be following...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
People need to realize 9/11 started wwiii and its been going on ever since. Regardless of who perpetrated the events of that day it still led to a coalition of the willing, 40 nations ready to roll and blitz any target deemed a threat. We got troops from all over attacking natioms all over. The world is indeed.engulfed in war right now and just because its not in your backyard doesnt mean its not happening. So let me ask you, what are you doing are you hiding in a bomb shelter?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes lol that's the place.they threaten to shoot you if you go anywhere near it

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

i don't think I will even bother trying now

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

I'll just climb on top of my house roof and wait... I'd rather die quick than from radiation poisoning. I'm no quitter but think about it carefully...There's not gonna be a one nuke scenario... Soon as the any country fires a nuke a second big bang will be following...

I am going with this one too...on top of the house with a bottle of single malt scotch!

A nice big cigar too!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

Freedom is a state of mind, never lose the peace in your head.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i actually had questions about radiation pills.

i have my commercial water filters and free dried food stash. i got some solar panels and hot plates and few other essentials.
but i look at these sodium iodine? pills?
then find other such radiation deter pills of other types.

what do i buy to have on stock? what kinds, how much, how do i use them?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

I dont think there is some magical pill that will make you immune from being exposed to around 1200 rads

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

AHA , yeah used to see the golf balls as we used to holiday in a place called Gunnerside , they filmed All Creatures Great And Small location stuff around that area , the Bull pub etc , was where the production crew and cast stayed back in the 70s , all the indoor studio stuff was filmed at Pebble Mill Birmingham. Anyway them golf balls looked sinister back in the seventies from a distance .

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I do have a plan for this kind of disaster, and yes I would want to try and survive, No matter how hard the difficulty was. I have a well built shelter, with a positive pressure inside, meaning if there was a leak in my shelter air would want to escape, not come in. I have about 500 canned food, 500 #'s of rice, 500 gallons of water, gas masks, potassium Iodide pills, ect.. plus alternative energy: Wind, Solar, Deisel generator (with the correct exhaust and carbon monoxide detectors, and if all that failed which it probably would, I have a manual crank hooked up to a bicycle to manually recharge my 12 T-105 batteries, enough to give me a fighting chance. I live in an area not to close to a major city, and access to a national forest just in my back yard, I grew up with a father terrified of a Nuclear strike, and so i guess it has rubbed of on me. BUT even with all this, it would be extremely difficult, but I feel as though its in all of us to fight to survive. I would not just lay down and take it. none of you should.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

They still do and they keep building more of them i think

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
compared to some of you i'd say i'm in a good spot for nuclear war here in metro vancouver, canada
not the greatest spot for general escape though,
- surrounded by 2 different mountain chains, 1 north of the city (North Shore Mountains, 31 miles)
and the other east (Cascade Mountain Range, 68 miles)

- the pacific ocean coastline starts 3.5 miles in the west and runs for miles each way,

and the American border, the other remaining half of the fraser river delta lies 10.9 miles to the south

weather wise, it rains a lot, cloudy, windy, the rivers become quick paced depending on location.
average temperature is 6-7degrees celsius in winter, lows around freezing. spring comes around and it steadily increases in becoming more habitable.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

the guys in that space station are probably the safest can you image the view they would have too they would see everything,

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If the nukes start flying in WW3, I would:
Pack a zippo,flints,lighter fluid,a pound of tobacco,a pipe,
a metal coffee can to make a hobo stove, some matches just in case,
my emergency fishing rig,
Head to my dad's for some guns and ammo,
and start hiking north towards the Canadian border.
I don't think I would actually go into Canada, but I would go into the BWCA. (boundary water canoe area) in northern Minnesota and hide out for as long as I could,or until I died of radiation poisoning.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwnAegisean
14: educate people, of how to live life peacfully and in harmony
15: form a malitia, arm the people
16: establish a non economic comunity for people who dont aprove of capitalism
17: kill anyone who tries to bring currency into my comunity ....

So.. that's a little hypocritical isn't it?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Personally it would depend on where and what kinds of nuke they intended for us. If it's an Aerial Burst then forget it, light a smoke, grab a good bottle of vino and watch the fireworks. We're all going to die someday, why not have a little fun with it before hand?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

You could head to the nearest port and steal a very arge boat. And head north, near the artic. Live off fish.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I live in Brooklyn, NY, but was raised in the Cascade Mountain Range in Pac-West. As I was walking to my doctors appointment today, I noticed on a building the yellow "fall out" shelter sign on an apt building. It has got to be from the 1950's or 1960's. I suppose that's where I will run to, since getting off of Long Island may be impossible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join