It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you got a plan if WW3 brakes out where would you go to shelter from nuclear fall out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I live in a high rise block which is very sturdy and made out of concrete.and the walls are very thick,in my hallway i have a closet and inside that closet is a door to another room which has no vents or windows it is just an empty concrete box with a few asbestos pipes in there lol,but anyway if the 4 minute warning ever comes i plan to seek shelter in there,i have about 300 cans of food in my pantry which i have bought in the past and never eaten like spam beans carrots stewing steak all sorts,i plan to take all my canned food in there and drag my water cooler in there too,i usually drink 1 19 litre bottle of water in 1 month but that is with hot water too i use it for cups of teas.depending on what time of the year it was i would probably have a few months of fresh water,i get 3 new bottles every 3 months.I got a glipse of hope that surving a nuclear war is possible with out living in a nuclear bunker after watching this

www.youtube.com...
do you think it would even be worth trying to live after nuclear fall out or would it be better to just die,

edit on 6-1-2012 by TBR47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
it really depends on how close you are to a military target at the end of the day, as it could be better to just get nuked rather than suffer

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think your question depends on two major factors. First, your definition of World War III. Where I grew up in 1980's Southern California, it was an article of faith that we lived in what could generously be termed a "total overkill zone". That basically meant that bacteria wouldn't survive the train of Nuclear Warheads landing all over that area and right on top of each other, over and over. All the Aerospace, many MAJOR military bases (back then) and more made that a given for Russian priorities in targeting.

Where I live now, I'm too far south from Whiteman Air Force Base and too far north from Little Rock to be caught in the middle of anything unless someone has really crappy targeting and they miss by a couple hundred miles. In which case, I'll get a millisecond of brilliant light, a nano second of the sensation of heat and then nothing at all. So.. shelter is kinda moot. lol...

The other major factor if it ISN'T full global thermonuclear war like so many grew up half expecting any minute, would be location. In all seriousness...if someone lives in a MAJOR city, I wouldn't run to a shelter where 10's of thousands are also headed at the same time. Remember the Astrodome and the Convention Center in New Orleans? My plan..and advice in general is to plan everything needed to shelter in place for at least 2-3 days in very uncertain environments...until the REAL status of safe places and ways to get there become clear.

Just one Rabbit's thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

I would roll me a nice cigarette (if I had a cigar then I'd probably use that instead), grab a beer from the fridge and go outside to watch the fantastic fireworks. I just can't imagine living in a post-apocalyptic world personally, not if it turns out like that...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't see the pointof making any escape plans. there is nowhee to escape to.
I live in the UK, nowhere would survive an attack, and any strgllers would die of radiation.

Whats the point of even considering survival, you won't be saved in an all out war.
You would be better spending your time, taking on your governments, where ever you live,
telling them in mass that you will not stand by and watch them destroy you and yours.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
it really depends on how close you are to a military target at the end of the day, as it could be better to just get nuked rather than suffer

In the case of WWIII, the best places to be might really be the cities, since itll be a (likely) painless, mostly instant death not if, but when nuclear weapons are used. If you live in the outskirts of a city, youll die from fallout anyway, just slowly and painfully, and if your in the country, you get to deal with lawlessness and barbarity until someone kills you to take your food.

I like Einsteins saying of he doesnt know what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but he knew WWIV would be fought with sticks and stones. That about sums up the situation to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If a big nuclear fallout happens in worldwide scale, taking shelter is pointless...

Even if you can stay hidden for 1 year, and then emerge back to the surface, what will you find? Billions of dead people, billions of deformed people, anarchy, chaos, and contamined soils (so you can't go farm, because your crops will be contamined from the soil).

The only escape with some dignity is to commit suicide with sedatives in your veins, inside your bunker, after a good last meal...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think I wouldn't seek shelter, rather I would hope to die a quick death instead of surviving and than suffering for years and years to come.

edit on 6/1/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

LOL i live close to a big american base in the Yorkshire dales, I can see big golf ball structures in the distance if i look from a high place.and close to a few RAF bases I think ill be screwed

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The person who invents a working grammar checker will become very wealthy indeed.

WW3 brakes out?

I think I need to have the breaks replaced in my car. There squeeking.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Oh great I have encountered a grammar Nazi

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

They're*

Second line.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

i think the u.k is really too small the best hope would be trying to make it down the channel tunnel and through France deep into Europe somewhere that is poor and probably wont be a target like Poland or Latvia.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Deep in the bowels of a hydro plant DAM on a major lake or river way, the #1 reason is the thickness of the concrete and bedrock, plus the 100s of feet below the surface you could hide within its stairwells throughout its structure..i have mine already scoped out

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

No, Poland would be targeted. What makes you think otherwise? :O

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In the event that a new world conflict begins...
(I will)
1: steal the keys to my fathers truck
2: get his shotgun from under his bed, and grab the shells
3: go to my room, fill my zippo lighter...
4: gather all the currency in the house into my person
5: fill truck with gas
6: drive to virginia
7: set fires
8:speak publicly, about the flaws in our society
9: find d.c.
10: set fire to it....
11: go to new york city
12: repeat step 10
13: turn the u.n. into a large hole in the ground
14: educate people, of how to live life peacfully and in harmony
15: form a malitia, arm the people
16: establish a non economic comunity for people who dont aprove of capitalism
17: kill anyone who tries to bring currency into my comunity ....
18: teach the theory of enlightenment with the remainder of my time...
19:repeat steps 3 & 7
20: go back to texas,
21: repeat steps 16 and 17 in texas
22: reckelect on how I have made a difference in the world, adn how I risk my life and freedon to do so...
23: retire from being a nice person, and wander off into the swamp, to spend the rest of my life, in peace, withotu fear of taxes, imprisonment, or tryanny...

P.S. I have no idea what to do in the event of nuclear war: I dont 'think' my general area is a target, but I have no idea, Im east of dallas texas by a good distance, still a good ways from texarkana as well... I have no idea what to do during fallout, I imagine I would die of radiation poisoning as I tried to loot and salvage crap...

Lets all hope; that we can change things: for the better...

Good day to you, A.T.S. comunity, I shall crawl back under my rock now, and lurk!
edit on 6-1-2012 by AwnAegisean because: Nuclear war!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I would pretend to be a kenyan relative of obama and get the best shelter affordable, complete with steel blast doors, generator, human shields and guards ready to defend.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Poland is former soviet territory i don't think Russia would see them as a threat, Britain France and Germany would be where the concentration of nukes hit

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

Poland is a threat and would be one of the first countries to go extinct because US anti-missile bases are there and the Russians see it as a threat. Poland would be vaporized.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

There's a lot of tension between the Polish and Russians from what I've seen. I visit Poland 3 times a year, maybe more and from what I've seen, not many Polish people actually like the russians, infact I know a bit of russian and upon speaking it, I was told to shut up

I've been all over poland and that is just personal experience.

Also, the post above me adds to that too.

Also, I know many people that have not forgot the Katyn massacre so there's the former soviert territory theory gone out the window.

Katyn massacre
edit on 6/1/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join