It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That John Titor might not be from the future, but he certainly knows what he wants to make people think ABOUT the future.

His statement about 2012 and the parting of the Red Sea is particularly revealing...

Yep, it looks like America's enemy will be attacking the seaboard on both sides, using nature as a weapon. The US could only do the same to China by dropping part of Japan into the ocean. Not something everyone is likely to agree with,

But again, all events that occur on the world stage, such as wars, will only be to keep up oblivious to the other changes that are occurring. The wars will literally only serve as a spiritual distraction, as it will be EXTREMELY hard to find spiritual harmony once millions start dying.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The Mayans used 13 cycles for each time segment. They also had many calendars (9, I think.)

Each cycle had 6 days and 6 nights. Each day and night has a different attribute.

I printed out teo calendars last week and I'm checking the cycles times and the numbers to see if they fit with what's happening in my life.

www.mayanspirittours.com

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but the book "Maya Cosmogenesis" by John Major Jenkins is a very good source for understanding Mayan timekeeping and the functions of their calendars and pyramid complexes.

BTW, Today, 5/7/05. For the Astrology Calendar (Caban):

Glyph: Kan. k'an - Seed - South/Yellow - Instinct/Physical - root chakra; fire. Interested in leadership and performance. Active, dynamic and sexual. Influential, with high standards.

Number: 11. "Hun Lahun" Dissonance: Integrate it.

For the Kiche Calendar:

Glyph: Tz'Ikin - Men - Bird of power. Liason between Sun and Earth.

Number: 1. Great force and power. The first gear, but it does not flow easily. Bottom of the pyramid.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by miscreant]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i submit that any change that occures in our individual or collective lives causes an end to the world(as we knew it up to that point)

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
interesting about , ending , or cycling

cuz that kinda fits into that archeological book on anomalies, that don't fit the period.

well , we may live long enuf to see it [ if it happens ] , but will we live long enuf to tell about it ?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You can't wait for 2012 to see if it is true. That is the essence of the problem.

You have to be ready for it to be true. If you aren't, well, I don't want to say what happens when a person can't adapt, but they are consumed...

I mean, how could you believe that SOME are going to be 'spiritually saved' or protected, when you see MILLIONS die, around the world?

That is what the end of the world is all about.

An unimaginable mentality, made real.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
In regard to the 'millions dying'... my research into the various ancient texts from around the globe leads me to conclude that you are being very optimistic indeed. Billions of us dying is what I see being predicted by most sources. I can only say that I find these ancient forecasts to be very plausible, and, imho, probably quite accurate. You have to erase the blackboard before you can write a new story. For some reason 'Peace Frog' by the Doors is stuck in my head.
I am not concerned about it though, I will likely be one of the majority of those who are 'erased', unless I end up having unbelievably good luck.
Its all good, no rain makes a desert.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
The Mayan Long Count Calendar ends December 21, 2012. What this means is a matter of opinion and conjecture.

I wonder if anyone knows just how precise this calander is?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I personally think I'm going to wait. I think something will happen but, well....

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH

Originally posted by Lysergic
The Mayan Long Count Calendar ends December 21, 2012. What this means is a matter of opinion and conjecture.

I wonder if anyone knows just how precise this calander is?

Other than a debate about whether the 21st or the 23rd is our date for their date of 13.0.0.0.0 Baktun, and what the exact details will be, there is virtual concensus that what it means is that we will enter a new 'sun', the fifth, I believe. The previous 'suns' all ended poorly, so if they are any indication of how this present one will close, then we are in for a bit of a rough ride.
As for the question, 'does anyone know how precise this calendar is?'. I would say yes, I am certain that some people do know that.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
"Why did they think the world just ends? What happens to it, where does it go? Or does it recycle?
Does it cease to exist? Or just the life on it."

I think Lysergic has the right of it..

"The Mayan Long Count Calendar ends December 21, 2012. What this means is a matter of opinion and conjecture."

The calender just ends, zip thats it. Its really just opinion as to what it means, how can you really know with a long dead civilisation. People have been argueing for a long time, about what different things represent in ancient societies (with or without supporting evidence) and they are still arguing.

guess we`ll find out 2012/2013.

it's no wonder that "1984" is on the banned book list in Florida schools

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think that the 2012 theory isn't too far out of the question... of course it may not mean the end of the world, just the end of the world as we know it

there is a spiritual battle every day in every thing that every one does... we could win the battle-- prophecies can be beaten, and who knows if the prophecies were even in bad conotation... but it doesn't seem so far off considering this...

Malachy:
He was also known as Maolmhaodhog ua Morgair; Maol Maedoc; and Malachy O'Morgair.

Born -1094 at Armagh, Ireland. Died November 2, 1148 at Clairvaux

Canonized - 1190 by Pope Clement III; first papal canonization of an Irish saint

Malachy replaced the Celtic liturgy (the "Stowe" missal) with the Roman liturgy in an effort to bring uniformity and discipline to the clergy and those in religious life. A miracle worker and healer, he sometimes cured people instantly by laying his hands upon them. Friend of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux who helped him establish the Cistercans in Ireland, wrote a biography of him, and sat with him as he died.

One of Malachy's great claims to popular fame was his gift of prophesy. While in Rome in 1139 he received a vision showing him all the Popes from his day to the end of time. He wrote poetic descriptions of each of the pontiffs, presented the manuscript to Pope Innocent II - and it was forgotten until 1590. It has been in print - and hotly debated, both authenticity and correctness - ever since. According to these prophecies, there are only two Popes remaining after John Paul II.

St. Malachy was reported to have possessed the powers of levitation, healing, and clairvoyance. While on his way to the Vatican to assume the post of papal legate for Ireland, he fell into trance and saw a line of papal reigns stretching from the successor to Innocent II and extending through centuries to the last of the line, identified as Peter of Rome. Malachy assigned short descriptions in Latin to each pope when he committed his vision to paper. These mottoes usually refer to a family name, birthplace, coat-of-arms, or office held before election to the papacy. Some of the phrases are multiple prophecies, written with ingenious word play. For example, Pius II, who reigned for only 26 days in 1503, was aptly described as "De Parvo Homine" (from a little man). His family name was Piccolomini, Italian for "little man."

Sometimes the personal history of the pope plays a part in the motto given by Malachy. Clement XIII (1758-69), who had conenctions with the government of the Italian state of Umbria and whose emblem was a rose, was called by Malachy Rosa Umbriae, the "Rose of Umbria."

The passage of time has proved doubters of St. Malachy wrong, for his prophecies have turned out to be amazingly accurate. He even prophesied the precise date of his own death, and got it right. The prophecies concern the papacy, starting with Pope Celestine II in 1143. In all, 112 popes and their characteristics are listed from 1143 to the "end of the world."

Malachy's Prophecies - The Last 10 Popes

1. The Burning Fire. PIUS X. 1903-1914. This Pope showed a burning passion for spiritual renewal in the Church.

2. Religion Laid Waste. BENEDICT XV. 1914-1922. During this Pope's reign saw Communism move into Russia where religious life was laid waste, and World War I with the death of millions of Christians who were carnage in Flanders Field and elsewhere.

3. Unshaken Faith. PIUS XI. 1922-1939. This Pope faced tremendous pressure from fascist and sinister powers in Germany and Italy, but he was an outspoken critic of Communism and Fascism which enraged Hitler.

4. An Angelic Shepherd. PIUS XII. 1939-1958. This Pope had an affinity for the spiritual world and received visions which have not been made public. Peter Bander says Pius XII "has emerged as one of the great Popes of all time," and he "was in the truest sense of the word an Angelic Pastor to the flock..."

5. Pastor and Mariner. JOHN XXIII. 1958-1963. John was a pastor to the world, much beloved, and the Patriarch of Venice. The connection to "mariner" is thus remarkable.

6. Flower of Flowers. PAUL VI. 1963-1978. Paul's coat-of-arms depicts three fleurs-de-lis, corresponding to Malachay's prophecy. His coat of arms included three fleurs-de-lis (iris blossoms).

7. Of the Half Moon. JOHN PAUL I. 1978-1978. John Paul I was elected Pope on August 26, 1978, when there was a half moon. He reigned 33 days, that is, about one month, when he died, although many think he was murdered. He was the 109th Pope - is "De Medietate Lunae" (Of the Half Moon). The corresponding pope was John Paul I (1978-7, who was born in the diocese of Belluno (beautiful moon) and was baptized Albino Luciani (white light). He became pope on August 26, 1978, when the moon appeared exactly half full. It was in its waning phase. He died the following month, soon after an eclipse of the moon.

8. The Labor of the Son. JOHN PAUL II. 1978-2005. Pope John Paul II was the most traveled Pope in history. He circled the globe numerous times, preaching to huge audiences everywhere he went. He survived an assassination attempt. He has written a book which has enjoyed a large circulation. Like the sun which never ceases to labor and provides light daily, this Pope has been incessant. He was born on May 18, 1920. On that date in the morning there was a near total eclipse of the sun over Europe. Prophecy - The 110th Pope is "De Labore Solis" (Of the Solar Eclipse, or, From the Toil of the Sun). Like the sun he came out of the East (Poland).

9. The Glory of the Olive. The Order of St. Benedict has said this Pope will come from their order. It is interesting that Jesus gave his apocalyptic prophecy about the end of time from the Mount of Olives. This Pope will reign during the beginning of the tribulation Jesus spoke of. The 111th prophesy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The Order of Saint Benedict has claimed that this pope will come from their ranks. Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its fight against evil.

10. PETER THE ROMAN - This final Pope will likely be Satan, taking the form of a man named Peter who will gain a worldwide allegiance and adoration. He will be the final antichrist which prophecy students have long foretold. If it were possible, even the very elect would be deceived. The 112th prophesy states: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Petrus Romanus, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations; after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End." Malachy's final words, "Rome, the seat of the Vatican, will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people."
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The sooner this hunk of rock explodes, the better. Were going to hell anyway. We fight with each other, we're burning every natural resource known to man, and burning huge holes in the ozone layer. It WOULD be fine if our world ends up just like "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"
That'd be cool. Cant wait. See ya'll in hell.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by Flekin]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
yes i've seen it and their past has turned out to be very consistant. They were very accurate with their astronomy and telling of time and seasonal change. I'm waiting for this one to happen. If not does happen I'll chalk it up to another Jahovahs Witness joke!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango

Personally, one day I'll probably want to rest awhile.

you missed it, it was yesterday.

is the mayan calender the only prophecy concerning a probable date of 2012 for change? nope.

st. malachi's pontiff (popes) also seems to coincide with the same time frame as peter of rome seems to be the only one to follow the current pope.

also the "bible code" thing seems to mention a cataclysmic event in 2012 as well.

not to be too biblical, but the bible says 1 day in man's eyes is 1000 years to god, and one is to rise on the third day.

a small reflection about the gregorian calender and the mayan calender which was already "translated": the gregorian calender started with year 1 when a certain ruler of rome ruled. the researcher and scribe forgot to account for the fact that the same ruler ruled for 5 years under another name before his name was changed. perhaps there is a purpose to it and for good reason, or perhaps it is 2007 or 2008, and not 2012 or 2013. but also keep in mind that there was no year 0, so it may be 2008 or 2009.

i'm not saying these things were not taken into account by intelligent people, just not questioned later by intelligent people.

what's going to happen seems to be the question. first we must know what's happening now. do we? do you?

if you were to shrink down to the size of an atom and try to reach out and grab a proton, an electron, or a neutron ........ you could not do it, because they are just biths of energy and light compressed into what appears to be matter, but is not. the sub-atomic particles just phase in and out of existance.

so i pose this question:
what in the entire universe has the energy capable of inverting light and compressing it upon itself?

i read an article in discovery magazine in i believe september issue of 1995 or 1996 that adressed the issues at hand with the hubble telescope. it seems after they fixed the mirror imagery problem they utilized hubble for the purpose it was built. the top cream de la cream of the scientific and astronomic disciplines tried to date the big bang by looking at 186 gallaxies using the doppler effect (red light hitting us first it is moving away, blue light hitting us first means it is coming towards us) and what they found baffled them.

it seems out of the 186 gallaxies they studied ...... the big bang happened some 15 billion years ago. but not for 7 gallaxies traversing through the rest of them. the milky way and the 6 closest gallaxies to us in what forms a small cluster were going in the wrong direction inconsistant with the whole of everything else in a 1,400,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 light year radius.

so i pose this question:
what has the energy capable of pulling 7 gallaxies in a different course than the rest of the 179 gallaxies?

i sometimes wonder what someone meant in the bible when they wrote that 1 day to god was equal to 1000 years in the eyes of man. does this mean that god is moving faster, or we are moving slower?

so i pose this question:
what fits the requirements necessary to effectively slow time?

what fits the requirements necessary to effectively slow time?
a black hole.

what has the energy capable of pulling 7 gallaxies in a different course than the rest of the 179 gallaxies?
a very big black hole.

what in the entire universe has the energy capable of inverting light and compressing it upon itself to assume the illusion of matter?
a very active black hole.

are we nearing a singularity, or have we proceeded past one and time has reversed?

if only one prophecy, or intuition, or remote viewing, or vision, or dream, or deja vu, or truth has come to pass ........ either it was subconsciously remembered because they have already happened, or these terms may not have a place worthy of recognition in our "language" to begin with.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The Mayan Calender doesn't end. Its like a Giant clock, 12/21/12 is like midnight, then the Calender starts repeating.

That might not be the end of the world , buts its still kinda cool!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I think you got that right. It's the end of their calendar but it just repeats, there's no need for another one so it's not a huge mystery why they didn't make another one. It's the end of one age and the beginning of the next, they never said the world would end.

For those that are claiming it's been mis-converted to the Gregorian calendar - the Mayan calendar is synched with astrological events and this great cycle / long count ends with the solar eclipse on (our date) 12/21/2012. It wouldn't matter how we converted the dates, it's what we label that day now.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think that it's nothing. I mean, just because the calender ends doesn't mean that some kind of cataclysmic event will occur. Maybe they just reasoned that they didn't need a calender that goes on for so long. Even if something DOES happen, I doubt it'll be the end of the world. Perhaps it will be a change of the current world situation (maybe NWO? Possible...but don't forget, a NWO doesn't mean the end of the world.)

Wouldn't they have left records of this event, telling what would happen? Why would they stop the calender for an important reason, but not tell why? Am I asking too many questions?

I'm not too worried about 2012.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't get where all this end of the world came from...it's the beginning of the new world! hopefully not the new world order though eh

but seriously, I believe it is a time of acension, and I think this link is a better explaination:

www.astralpulse.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It could just be a very significant completion of a very long cycle, like the precession of the equinoxes. If so, then it will be like when the clock strikes midnight on New Years....okay a little more important, but not tangibly so.
Or, it could be anything........there are so many possibilities and theories and prophecies about what will happen that they are too numerous to count.
I like to think of it as an ascension too, or at least a mere astronomical rolling over of the calendar after 26 000 years. But who knows? There are sure a lot of signs that appear bad to me. If I go with my gut, I say we are in the doo doo, but my mind logically concludes that it could all be a false alarm, and that nothing will happen. My gut is usually right, from my experience.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
first of all the end of the world will not come, well atleast that is what i think, i mean think about it after all this time there are signs that the world will end on that day and on that day, blah blah blah, for all i no the rapture should of been on july 4, 2005 and i didnt see anyone go to heaven or what ever, sucks for the really religuouse people, no offense,

anyway read this www.abovetopsecret.com...

and read this site www.satansrapture.com... im sure uv seen sites saying its the end of the world, well it says there read like a little that rapture and blah was sopposed to happen on staurday the 16 aqnd it didnt, so for the people that make these site, stop %$^&#G^ making them, they creep me out and they are gay,

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join