It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Those are pretty good odds your going with. I might just have to run that bet too, I mean you can't lose can you?

I never said I believed either, I just happened to be watching it last night, saw the 2012 matrix and just started to laugh. I couldn't believe the coincidence with the date.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have to along with Moonbeam on the natural disaster thing.

The 26,000 year cycle is closing upon us and in my opinion it will be something like a major pole shift like that happened before. This could explain why the elite are so keen to have a space station and life extension technologies for themselves. 11 billion of us aint gonna fit in the space station.

They leave use the life extension technologies. Come back when everything has settled and start again. Book of Genisis here we go.

There is a possiblity of an ice age. The waters in the pacific are now at temperatures above 30 degrees Celsius which could be an indicator. Only 7 more years to wait and see so lets expose all the bad people and then enjoy our lives to the full.

Maybe the Mayans were wiped out before they got a chance to finish the calendar. Who knows.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So , how many people do you think they can fit on the ISP?

I doubt there is enough room for the rich and powerful from America, let alone the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I find it very interesting that the Bible Codes predict there to be an asteroid to hit the earth on December 21st, and the Mayans, who were awsome astronomers, also predicted something to happen on that date.

I have the Micheal Drosnin book and have read it. I believe the Bible Codes are real. Even though there are some "predictions" in Moby Dick, not nearly the same of amount of them were found as in the Torah. Also there could have been alot of "predictions" found in Moby Dick that were not true and thus were not told to us. Same could be true for the Torah, too.

Also, in the History Channel documentary, it was stated that maybe the Bible Codes just list a number of possibilities, and since we know one of the possibilities we might have the option of changing our fate to not be the option we know of.

For people looking for links:
www.experiencefestival.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The Bible Codes are fake. If you take any very large book with a variety of words [entire LotR series as one book] you can find anything you want... All you have to do is find the amount of letters to skip.
2012, maybe, probally a nuclear war, as we'd know of an asteroid collision, or would we???

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
In reply to bpletcj you are right in saying all the rich and famous couldn't fit on the space station. However the rich and famous aren't the elite. With DNA technologies and life extension technologies the Elite would be able to send a certain few to do this, if this is the plan. I just put it out as theory to see if anyone had any views. Maybe there are more stations to be put out.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I do not believe the Bible Codes are fake. Sure you can find just about anything you want to in any large book but there has to be letter skips into the hundreds. The ones found in the Torah are letter skips of one or two or maybe even fifteen, not 100's.

Plus, it doesn't work in the English version of the Bible, just the Hebrew Torah.

Plus Michael Drosnin, who spent five years with the people who discovered the code, came back believing it was true. He spent five years researching the subject - he believed it to be true.

I have read his book. With so many explinations in his book it would be hard to not believe in the Bible Code after reading it.

Quote from his book:

"We have just begun to understand the bible code. It is like a jigsaw puzzle with an infinite number of pieces, and we only have a few hundred, or a few thousand. We can only guess at the complete picture.

The only thing I can state with certainty is that there is a code in the bible, and in a few dramatic cases it has foretold events that then happened exactly as predicted.

There is no way to know if the code is also right about the more distant future.

I have tried to deal with this story the way I've dealt with every other story: as an investigative reporter. I've spent five years checking out the facts.

Nothing is taken on faith.

I have confirmed every discovery in the bible code on my own computer, using two different programs—the same one used by the Israeli mathematician who first found the code, and a second program written independently of him.

I also interviewed the scientists in the united states and Israel who investigated the code.

Many of the events described in the book were witnessed by me. Accounts of other events are based on interviews with persons directly involved, or were confirmed by published news reports."

[edit on 23-3-2005 by sambo5us]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDog
In reply to bpletcj you are right in saying all the rich and famous couldn't fit on the space station. However the rich and famous aren't the elite. With DNA technologies and life extension technologies the Elite would be able to send a certain few to do this, if this is the plan. I just put it out as theory to see if anyone had any views. Maybe there are more stations to be put out.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens

Good point, I didn't think in terms of DNA samples, I thought you meant entire individuals.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

IMHO, that everyone has their own apocalypse , their own Armageddon, and everyone has their own end when they die.

We'll be having Christmas 2012 and looking back at this and laughing...that is, unless some of us die...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I like the ideas.

Some more I think!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise
If someone writes a book, BIG DEAL? What have they predicted before? Poop and some more poop. Am I the only one that is fed up with this? I want to read about interesting theories from people who have credibility.

Could someone tell me if there is anyone alive today with any creditials? If so, what are his/her views on 2012 (or 2006,7,8,10,11,13, etc... based on it's view)

I am not sure what credentials you feel are acceptable. It is comical how consistently the critics post the admission that they have done no research, yet they feel it is still of some use to criticize those who have, and offer their opinion that it is poop. Then they invariably ask for the detailed source material that the person they just shot down has spent years studying.
I want to read............... No, you don't.
I have read that same sentiment so many times, that I could say I am sick of it. It is poop.
Their are tons of books by qualified people with ample credentials, and you can find them at the source below.
The Library.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I just saw on tv that new york city is bidding to host the 2012 Olympic Games...could this be another 911 in the making...it gives them plenty of time to plan another terrorist attack

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
All seem to revolve around 5 cycles that end on, depending on whom you are talking to, December 21-24, 2012. The Mayan long calender either ends with the fifth cycle or begins it. What happens is a matter of conjecture and who is translating the text. Either the world cracks, crumbles, explodes, or generally goes kaputzki to put is mildly or we evolve or begin the process of dimensional transition and enlightenment. The Hopi indians have similar views about the date. However, speculation is that the Hopi may be and probably are decendents of the Mayans who disappeared so therefore, their beliefs equate to roughly the same idea. St. Malachi predicted only one or two more popes after the current (who may be dead as of this posting) with the Roman church falling or merging with the Anti-Christ or simply giving up on the papal way of being. Again, depending on who is tossing the coin at the time of your conversation or whom you happen to be listening to at the time. My personal belief is that Malachi is a hoax, Dec. 21 will come and as Rod Serling once said in a really cheesy documentary, "the Gods of Teouanaco (forgive the bad spelling) will return." Who are those gods? No idea. But I am hoping its Pink Floyd getting back together and putting out a new albumn for the new age. Now that would be enlightenment.

Watch.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
wasnt there a big huge panic that it was going to be like, the end of the world or something with the new millenium? um...hi! im still here! i dont ever recall there being anything wrong!! how would these people know what's going to happen this much into the future? maybe a rumor got spread like y2k so they all started talking about it? hey! who knows! i guess we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I do not believe in the end of the world is 2012. That is so fake. they cant predict. did you guys know that many people predicted the end of the world in the past. God or Jesus said that NOBODY KNOWS WHEN I AM COMING

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The Mayan calandar was constructed on the basis of astronomical observation. The information given by accumulated knowledge of the movement of the planets though the sky to determine the beginning and end of planting cycles was projected out as far as they were capable of calculating.
Venus' appearance on the horizon could only be calculated to the year 2012, thus the end of the calandar.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think everyone is misunderstanding the end of their calendar to be the end of civilization, as though it is some sort of apocalyptic prediction? Which it is not. Besides, the Mayans science and technology was hundreds of years behind the Spaniards who slaughtered and conquered them, why should we take heed the works of such a stoneage tribe?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
I think everyone is misunderstanding the end of their calendar to be the end of civilization, as though it is some sort of apocalyptic prediction? Which it is not. Besides, the Mayans science and technology was hundreds of years behind the Spaniards who slaughtered and conquered them, why should we take heed the works of such a stoneage tribe?

You really should read a book on Mayan science sometime....
The Mayan astronomical knowledge put those barbaric warmongering conquerors to shame. The only thing the conquerors were better at was deception, weaponry, and killing. But, of course, that is usually all you need to know to win....
Too bad they were so ignorant about the concept of ethnocentrism and religious egotism.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Frosty, you should read up on the Mayan's.

Their calender is based on the cycles around Alcyone, the central sun of our solar system. This cycle takes a period of 26,000 years. For them to be knowledgeable of this, they would have to be more advanced than cavemen don't you think.

According to Mayan phrophecy at this time we move back into a band of light of high frequency, how this will effect us is debateable. But the last time this happened was the time of Atlantis. For the first part of this, it was a 'Golden Age' and they lived in the great civilisation but as they got further from that light, the more they grew away from their spiritual path which resulted in their destruction.

Thus I think it depends on the position of humanity on their spiriual path, to try and determine what will happen at this time. If we are still destroying the planet and acting like we do, I don't want to think about what may happen, but if we change our ways and raise the vibrational level of humanity's group consciousness I think things will turn out ok.

Some theories have been put forward that when we enter this band of light, if we are ready, the light will activate things on a molecular level, i.e maybe advance our DNA, this will enable us to awaken and advance spiritually at a much greater rate.
If this takes place, we will once again enter a Golden Age which will last, I think, for 2000 years.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
According to Mayan phrophecy at this time we move back into a band of light of high frequency, how this will effect us is debateable. But the last time this happened was the time of Atlantis. For the first part of this, it was a 'Golden Age' and they lived in the great civilisation but as they got further from that light, the more they grew away from their spiritual path which resulted in their destruction.
scarper

Here is something from the Hindu Vedas, which say we are nearing the end of the Kali Yuga, and entering a golden age.

When the Earth came into its current phase of manifestation and the first
Yuga began ('Satya' Yuga, meaning 'Purity') humanity was barely
removed from its original state of God-like innocence. This was
the original Golden Age. As time progressed the planet underwent
the influence of a negative descending spiral, and the quality of
life in each successive Yuga became further and further removed
from the knowledge of truth and natural Law (in other words,
'Reality'). In the second, Treta Yuga (Silver Age) spiritual
awareness decreased by one fourth and by the time of Dvapara Yuga (Copper Age) negativity had a 50% holding. In the Kali Yuga the
vibration has become pretty murky and humanity is labouring
against heavy odds. Righteousness (right-use-ness) has diminished to scant one fourth of its original strength. Throughout our
current history we have created and been assailed by all the evils
of Pandora's box. No wonder the human race is having such a
difficult time. But the turning point has now arrived, and the
dawn once more sheds its light on a confused and ignorant planet.
The Vishnu Purana, one of the oldest sacred texts of India says
about the Kali Yuga, "The leaders who rule over the Earth will be
violent and seize the goods of their subjects... Those with
possessions will abandon agriculture and commerce and will live as
servants, that is, following various possessions. The leaders,
with the excuses of fiscal need, will rob and despoil their
subjects and take away private property. Moral values and the rule of the law will lessen from day to day until the world will be completely perverted and agnosticism will gain the day among men."

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join