It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a 25yr old White Male in UK, and I have been diagnosed with HIV :(

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have one question and one question only.

Did you use a condom? Expect it if the answer is no.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
IF there is a god, that god loves us all - equally. But that doesn't mean prayer and belief in a god changes anything. IF there is a god, then that god put our ancestors here to see how we would survive or die off together.

Having said that.. I lost nearly all of my friends in the late '80s or by the mid-'90s. No, I'm not gay, but when I first moved to Hollywood for work, the building into which I moved were where nearly everyone else was gay.

I'd never been around gay people before, and had been raised evangelical. But after moving to Los Angeles in the mid-sixties, and having many eye-opening, heart-opening experiences - both in jobs and and living areas - I realized we're all the same. We're humans, we're vulnerable, and we all love, cry and grieve the same ways. It doesn't matter what our sexual lives or cultural upbringings are. We're all Equal.

Now we have drugs and treatments that make living with HIV/AIDs much more bearable; it's no longer a death-sentence unless you cannot afford the drugs, or you don't want to take them.

I wish you all the best - both in whatever decisions you make, and whatever course you take in what's left of your years of life.

IF there is a god, you're NOT being punished for being who you are. However, those who criticize you for living your reality will suffer their own judgements for being so close-minded, cruel, and shallow.

It could have happened to any of us... So judge, lest ye be judged.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
you seem to be a very noble person who has had to contemplate greatly about life and death within a short amount of time. i believe you can live on with the right mindset and willpower.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Schwalbe

He didn't fail to mention those things...he doesn't have to mention those things! That is his business to take care of and really none of yours.

To the OP, I'm glad things are looking up for you. It makes me question all of the petty things I worry about. You have been through a lot, and you still have a positive attitude. That is very commendable in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

Man you don't need to get cancer...people like you are a cancer to society. I'm sure it's so easy for you to sit there and judge, but if it was you who got sick, I can tell you would just be an angry hateful person. Wait...are you sick now?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

I'll tell you right now man, pray to God and have Jesus enter your heart. What do you have to lose?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I read recently how a link between HIV and Tuberculosis (TB) has been found. Essentially, if you have HIV then it does of course make you susceptible to TB, but it was the development of TB that leads to full-blown AIDS.

www.cdc.gov...

Ordinarily, it might be worth getting a BCG vaccination to prevent getting TB later, but the BCG contains an attenuated virus, and I have no idea how that would work on someone with HIV.

I should state, that I am usually dead-set against vaccinations, but the BCG seems reasonably well proven to prevent TB.

To prevent catching TB though, avoid stuffy, enclosed locations where lots of people are doing a lot of breathing! Think nightclubs, bars, gyms - especially in the winter when windows are closed.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm glad that your lymphoma responded to the chemotherapy and that you are getting along.

But please reconsider taking your antiretroviral medication. I am a physician and have seen a considerable amount of HIV patients and almost always, patients taking antiretroviral therapy do a lot better in terms of both quality of life and longevity.

HIV is no longer considered a death sentence but a 'chronic disease' like diabetes or hypertension that if treated properly, the detrimental effects of the disease can be minimized.

It's true that antiretroviral meds have many undesirable side effects but there are many different types of meds, you can always talk to your physician to discuss switching drug regimens instead of forgoing treatment altogether.

Is HIV a man made virus? I have no idea.
Do the pharmaceutical companies make ridiculous profit? They most likely do.

But that's no reason to stop getting treatment. HIV can be treated. Please consult your doctor.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I don't have time to read all the replies so don't know if someone has suggested this already but you must watch
'The house of numbers' www.houseofnumbers.com...

In House of Numbers: Anatomy of an Epidemic, an AIDS film like no other, the HIV/AIDS story is being rewritten. This is the first film to present the uncensored POVs of virtually all the major players; in their own settings, in their own words. It rocks the foundation upon which all conventional wisdom regarding HIV/AIDS is based. House of Numbers could well be the opening volley in a battle to bring sanity and clarity to an epidemic gone awry.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteffieJo

Man you don't need to get cancer...people like you are a cancer to society. I'm sure it's so easy for you to sit there and judge, but if it was you who got sick, I can tell you would just be an angry hateful person. Wait...are you sick now?

I maybe a cancer to society but human kind are a cancer to this planet. YOu think I am going to take any notice from you? The OP are the true cancer in our society, without taking proper precautions he is now draining our precious nhs of resources that can be put to better use for those who actually need the resources. Do you know how much ppl with aids cost the UK 750M pounds and most of those ppl couold have prevented it if they took the proper precautions

From 1999 there was a steep increase in the number of annual HIV diagnoses, peaking in 2005 at 7,982. There was a slight decline in subsequent years, but the number of new diagnoses today is still far higher than the pre-2003 rate.

source

So if people want to play russian roulette with their lives when it comes to hiv they have themselves only to blame and deserve no sympathy. ITs avoidable
edit on 6-1-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Have a look at the Bob Beck protocol mate his stuff apparently works and it doesn't use meds have a search around that PM if you feel and I'll see if I can give you other links where I have seen his products or products based off his ideas are for sale

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Hey you and Minor007 should get together over some coffee, because you are two peas in a pod. Actually, I take that back. You're in a league of your own. If that is really how you think, then I feel sorry that you are not very intelligent. This guy is putting personal information out there and just wants advice and conversation, and some of you people have nothing to contribute but ignorance.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SteffieJo

in case you forgotten this is a conspiracy forum. If he wanted help and advice they are other places for him to discuss his experiences

heres one he could try www.hortilad.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

so you only have any humanitarian responisbility to your own genetic code? why cant ignorant people be compared to children?

Would you give a child a gun and then apatheticly smirk at a corpse? I think people find it easier to blame problems on individuals instead of the society that raised them.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

I think people find it easier to blame problems on individuals instead of the society that raised them.

If any aspects of society are to blame, it's the attitude that's so rampant in this very thread. It's NEVER your own fault. It's always somebody else's fault for your dire situations, i.e outlandishly blaming the government for creating the virus that you contracted. People like you all are the reason for every evil and downfall our society faces today- rampant crime and violence, a failing education system, outbreaks of STDs, etc. Many of you have the nerve to complain about these very things when YOU are part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

If you demonize the sick wouldnt you expect them to remain hidden?

It wasnt too long ago that the deluded religious idiots had claimed AIDS and homosexuality were inseparable. All of this happens for a reason... none of which has anythign to do with a magical bearded idiot in the sky.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

now it might be a long shot, but look into the following
it may help you:
monotamonic gold(shown to have healing properties)
vitaminC
vitaminB15
and THC (or in other words i suggest smoking weed) because it has been shown to kill cancer cells and help just about every other natural body cycle there is, aswell as helping the immune system and helping your body run more efficiently

my heart goes out to You brother
much love respect and good intention your way

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Everyone makes mistakes, and the OP has to pay with a life changing event. Isn't that enough punishment? I'd gladly pay to heal a person rather than pay for any more military weapons and wars.

Your basically saying we should turn our backs to a person in need because he made a mistake. Guess what, making mistakes is a very human trait, and learning from those mistakes is what makes humans stronger, wiser and live a more meaningful life.

Turning your back on people will only cause humanity to self destruct.

Are you a sociopath? Serious question.

From what I'm seeing, I'd advice you to finish with this thread. Your only bringing negative vibes to the thread.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join