It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do 27,000 children die every single day?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welshy77 Why does there need to be a top and bottom? Haven't we all gone beyond that now?

Because that is nature... as Essan said... we are all born with the ability to be equal and be anything we want, but the desire to be equal has to be there. If the desire is not there, apathy sets in and people get lazy...

Then they blame the system for their woes, but do nothing to help themselves. There have been many stories of people raising themselves from poverty in the Ghettos to becoming rich and famous... in music, in sports and in business. What makes these people different? The DESIRE to get out of it.

No amount of teaching will ever solve the problem if those at the bottom refuse to learn

Now I ask you as well..

What have YOU personally done to help the problem?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welshy77
You can't lead a horse to water?? Honestly.. think about it.

YOU think about it, YOU do something about it... otherwise your words are empty.

I have lead many horses to water... some learn to drink, some don't... I help those who learn to drink, the stubborn ones are on their own...

And if you have issues with that 'horse to water' analogy you are just simply missing the point

edit on 5-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

NO! YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT! Why does there have to be a structure??? Why should someones potential be based purely on geography? The only charities i contribute to are local animal sanctuaries..
Don't get me wrong i'm not digging at you.. but you've gotta see the bigger picture?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So what do you suggest? Kill all the dumb folk? The thought train your on has to get a new driver...seriously!
So we are all equal.. but some are more equal than others?
edit on 5-1-2012 by Welshy77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Before I posted this Thread I thought that people..........well I dont know what people would say but I thought it would be on a positive and progressive note. Instead the large majority of responses have been ones of Negativity, and who gives a damn, its their own fault for having sex in the first place

I now realise how parasitic we have become to this Earth. Its no wonder that we are swamped in diseases, cancers, millions of under 5's dying every year and natural disasters The Earth, or more appropiately Mother Nature has discovered a parasite on and inside its self and is and has been for the past couple of thousand years, trying to rid itself of us, the parasites.

We as a peoples are obsessed with the self and advancement of the self, when really the issue is the advancement of the whole of humanity, but in a sustainable and responsible manner, not the farce that we call Civilization today. But by all signs it is now too late for us, we have taken it too far and theres no pleasant little woodland path back, if we really want to save ourselves it has to be now. It will be the hardest thing we have ever done, turning away from our luxurious, materialistic and unnatural lifestyles, but it is has to be done, and it has to be done now or # is going to get so #ed up that we wont even know what #ed up means anymore.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Why are 27,000 children born everyday?

Akushla

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

NO! There is more! Surely my posts prove this??? WE could be so much more!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Everywhere...like allover!
2nd

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

NO! YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT! Why does there have to be a structure??? Why should someones potential be based purely on geography? The only charities i contribute to are local animal sanctuaries..
Don't get me wrong i'm not digging at you.. but you've gotta see the bigger picture?

Yes Welshy, this is what im talking about, everybody nitpicks about all the different hypocrisys, and its exactly where TPTB want us to be. We need to stop bickering about pointless # and take some serious ACTIONS, because we are doing what they want us to.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Dionisius because: because i can

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Uhm, we have 7 billion people. We don't need more people whose only contribution polluting our only home. Along with the kids, we need more of everyone to pass.

If you saw the amount of care given to my 96 y.o. grandmother staving off the inevitable. I mean I love my Grams, but she is OLD and really well beyond her natural life.

Look at all animals, they die out once the can't breed and their teeth are used up. Sadly that isn't the case with humans.

Derek

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Akushla

Its actually 490,000 babies born every day.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

( falls to the knees and raises hands up) Yes!! Look around folks!! There is a better way! Do you truly think your goverenment are working for you?? We DO NOT NEED IT! its all BS!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius

Originally posted by akushla99

Akushla

Its actually 490,000 babies born every day.

So, you are saying, there are more babies 'born', than 'die' every day?

Akushla

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Welshy77

No, not so much more, we need to be so much less. We have to go back to nature, go and live off the land, but unfortunately we have to lose allot of our population to be able to go back to how we are supposed to live.

Not enough trees as well

edit on 5-1-2012 by Dionisius because: because i can

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

errrrrr...................naturally yes

How does that not make sense?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Truth is, there is no one right way to fix this world. Improving our way of thinking is on the right track. But it will take a multitude of changes to enhance this world in the way it should be.

In the posts I've read, honestly, none of you are wrong, but not all are absolutely right. We have to tackle the issues in their complexity in every sense. Not one line it with simple solutions. These are not simple problems.

Yes, being conscious of bringing children into this world, when you cannot care for them is a problem.
Yes, we should care for our children and all people who are in need here close to home (but not forget the rest)
Yes, people are so accustomed to their lifestyles and seem they don't want to be 'bothered' by the plagues of others. (perhaps until it happens to them?)
Yes, many have worked hard to get where they are, and feel those who didn't, its their fault. (not a 'hand out' whats wrong with a 'hand up' ?)

Yes, its attitudes, motives, and the world system we have set up, plus Pure Greed that has us in the state we are in.

I agree with the OP, we need a better world/system. And we need an important ingredient; more Compassion.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

In direct relation to the OP, and taken in context, what I hear you saying is that resources are not allocated fairly to deal with the populations?!

Is there enough cash, collateral available to deal realistically with this problem as a whole...definitely YES.
Is there enough room on the planet to deal with this problem...definitely YES.

Is there the desire from the PTB to deal realistically with this problem as whole...definitely NO.

With the amount of resources and collateral being siphoned into warfare, space programs (which I beleive are useful), unmitigated wealth being used to line individual coffins...children will die because of greed, percieved impotency etc...

I come from a country that has thousands of acres of land which is uninhabited (on the whole) while ordinary citizens (who live mainly on the coast) complain of conflicting issues...not enough space, unemployment, immigration, food production shortage...

I understand the issue in relation to certain Northern continents, but, space, food, resources, land...is not at a premium...

Akushla

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
[mod>

Are you for real?? We're told that we are using up the worlds finite resources, at an ever increasing rate. We have the technology to see a car licence plate from a satellite orbiting our planet. And our goverenments have computers that can tune in to any telephone conversation they wish to. We've created a chip (RFID) smaller than a grain of rice able to store and transmit megabytes of data. And yet we don't have the ability and technology to utilise and recycle the earths natural resources expediently enough on an ongoing basis?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

[mod>

Are you for real?? We're told that we are using up the worlds finite resources, at an ever increasing rate. We have the technology to see a car licence plate from a satellite orbiting our planet. And our goverenments have computers that can tune in to any telephone conversation they wish to. We've created a chip (RFID) smaller than a grain of rice able to store and transmit megabytes of data. And yet we don't have the ability and technology to utilise and recycle the earths natural resources expediently enough on an ongoing basis?

This IS the issue!

We do have the tech and the ability...
If not on an individual by individual basis...on a greater governmental basis...which we elect

The denials of the ability, manpower (if this really were the case), money, land etc...is wearing thin...

Akushla

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Granted, and I appreciate the post.

What I mean is that to live a sustainable life off of the land without harming Nature or hunting too many animals, we would have to split off into much smaller groups, learn essential survival skills and find a piece of land that can support the whole group. This is not possible with 7 billion people on this earth, after we have destroyed millions of acres of what was, habitable land, through industrialisation and deforestation.

Simple as that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join