It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Nat Geo Photo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Very cool picture, reminds me of a Lichtenburg Figure.

Scroll down the wiki page and look at the guy who was struck by lightning.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The immense beauty of this planet and the miracle of its design on the macro and micro levels is something so awe inspiring and wonderful.

Who needs Prosac with all the amazing wonders this beautiful world possesses...

Anyone who isn't impressed isn't paying attention...!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

That is truly amazing!!
Thank you for sharing!!

PLPL

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Another grand example of fractals. Anyone who hasn't studied the subject of fractals, it's a beautiful realization of how our universe is formed out of ever-repeating patterns.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Reminds me of the pictures of "trees" on Mars.

I need to re up my subscription to Nat Geo...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hauntingly, beautiful picture, that doesn't even look like a photo to me!

The colors make it difficult to see this as rivers....

Looks more like a painting!

Gorgeous all the same

edit on 5-1-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jewells
Hauntingly, beautiful picture, that doesn't even look like a photo to me!

I'm so jaded, I 1st thought of a fractal generator. Here's a list of free and pay generators.
fractalfoundation.org...
You should at least see the results of the free Mandelbulb 3d.
www.fractalforums.com...
Downloads for Mandelbulb 3d.
www.fractalforums.com...
edit on 5-1-2012 by gentledissident because: getting it right

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

In the words of the great Huel Howser "Thats Amaazing!"

It looks to me more like roots of a tree or plant, that would be a pretty gnarled and awesome looking tree if it was one.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

That was my first thought as well. Could it be connected to the upcoming galactic alignment in 2012 which ancient cultures have noted as the tree of life of old?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Always amazing.

I immediately thought of the blood vessels in the human lung:

edit on 1/5/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

How dare you! I love Huell Howser!

I frequently go around using a Huell Howser impression, his accent is awesome!

"Ah'm Huell Howser, and this is Califarnya's... Gauld."
edit on 1/5/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
That would make beautiful body art.....Or jewelry....breathtakingly beautiful....

S&F

"body art". Isn't the human body "breathtakingly beautiful " in itself to not warrant scribbling on it?
I find it amusing that some folk believe they are enhancing perfection by having ink punched into their skin and calling it art!
It's gonna get even uglier when these folk reach their mid 50's and all this skin scribble goes south!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Norry

Originally posted by Destinyone
That would make beautiful body art.....Or jewelry....breathtakingly beautiful....

S&F

"body art". Isn't the human body "breathtakingly beautiful " in itself to not warrant scribbling on it?
I find it amusing that some folk believe they are enhancing perfection by having ink punched into their skin and calling it art!
It's gonna get even uglier when these folk reach their mid 50's and all this skin scribble goes south!

Aren't you in a cheery mood.....

Body art has been used to express a myriad of feelings since man first rubbed mud on his body in a cave. Everything from spiritual beliefs to membership in a community. You have a narrow education on the subject.

Google is your friend...

Tattooing in prehistoric times
Supposed Neolithic Tattoo,discovered on modern day Romania, PreCucuteni Culture, clay figure 4900-4750BC.
A tattoo on the right arm of a Scythian chieftain whose mummy was discovered at Pazyryk, Russia. tattoo was made more than 2,500 years ago.

Tattooing has been a Eurasian practice since Neolithic times. "Ötzi the Iceman", dated circa 3300 BC, bore 57 separate tattoos: a cross on the inside of the left knee, six straight lines 15 centimeters long above the kidneys and numerous small parallel lines along the lumbar, legs and the ankles, exhibiting possible therapeutic tattoos (treatment of arthritis). Tarim Basin (West China, Xinjiang) revealed several tattooed mummies of a Western (Western Asian/European) physical type. Still relatively unknown (the only current publications in Western languages are those of J P. Mallory and V H. Mair, The Tarim Mummies, London, 2000), some of them could date from the end of the 2nd millennium BC.

One tattooed Mummy (c. 300 BC) was extracted from the permafrost of Altaï in the second half of the 15th century (the Man of Pazyryk, during the 1940s; one female mummy and one male in Ukok plateau, during the 1990s). Their tattooing involved animal designs carried out in a curvilinear style. The Man of Pazyryk, a Scythian chieftain, is tattooed with an extensive and detailed range of fish, monsters and a series of dots that lined up along the spinal column (lumbar region) and around the right ankle (illustrated at right).
[edit] Tattooing in the ancient world

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs
Very cool picture, reminds me of a Lichtenburg Figure.

Scroll down the wiki page and look at the guy who was struck by lightning.

This photo you linked is amazing....Man struck by lightning...

edit on 5-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Incredible! Thanks for the post. The beauty of nature Continues to amaze me. I read an article a few years back that some 70-80% of youth raised in New York City will never even see a cow. That' sad.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh it seems NG downloaded the photoshop,quite nice picture indeed!
Need closer image!
It looks like a frozen lake to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Thats jokes, as soon as I saw this picture I immediately thought of your thread.

The tree of life concept is fascinating as well.

Good work people.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thank you for posting the picture, it's quite an amazing image. It reminds me of all the blood vessels inside the lungs. Nature is beautiful

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by Communicationwillfreeus

Of course that's the tree of life and you will find the same structures in plant growth, their roots systems and our blood vessels.
Fractals are the blueprint of creation, possessed of a unique beauty inherent to all life forms.

Great pic! Thank you.

God's signature, as the Qur'an and many other religious scriptures state: "and we have left signs for men of learning" - [Qur'an]

I love fractal patterns, weather you're religious or not, agnostic or atheist, you cannot deny the similitude and obvious design pattern in nature...yet we are led to believe things happen by accident.

If a fractal universe shows us one thing, it is that we are all connected.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Wow, I'm so glad that everyone likes this picture so much.

I thought that this was truly beautiful and wanted to share it. The additions so far in this thread show me that my fellow ATS members appreciate this image as much a I do.

Thank you all for your contributions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join