It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day of extremes in U.S. weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Day of extremes in U.S. weather

news.blogs.cnn.com

Mark down January 4 as one strange day for weather in the United States. The extremes were topsy-turvy.

While Floridians were experiencing record low temperatures, Montanans were seeing record highs that are normal for April or October.

Forecast highs in the upper 50s in Montana were expected to break records in Lewistown, Great Falls, Harve and a handful of other places, according to the National Weather Service.

Similar highs were forecast Wednesday for large portions of Florida.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
While the weather extremes don't seem unusual to other places world wide, but these areas in the U.S. don't often see weather temperatures drop or raise to those recorded Jan 4th. My thoughts are either Global Warming isn't going without a fight, a few of my friends keep going on about HAARP but I doubt that has much to do with it except maybe it could be a sign that it has been recently used to do something outside of the norm is it intended for. Keeping an eye out on the news for anything further related to weather. What are your thoughts ATS members?

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
While it does seem unusual, I am a firm believer in cycles. Heck, we are suppose to be in the 40's tomorrow. That is not normal for Michigan in January. But I believe the weather shifts. As it has done for thousands of years, we just haven't been around to notice, although there is tons of evidence.

Not popular, but my opinion.

Wow just noticed our register dates, pretty weird huh?
edit on 4-1-2012 by chiefsmom because: oddity

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

We are going to set a heat record in San Francisco today! 66 degrees; this is truley Weird !

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Read your history.
The Earth warmed in the 12th century AD. ie the 12th Century Renaissance
It was particularly cold during the 17th and 18th centuries, ie, "the Little Ice Age"
and many many more examples.
Whether you believe in anthropomorphic climate change or not, the Earth has changed climate, had severe temperature shifts, and severe weather for all of human history and much more severe instances before human history.
If we are causing the changes, we are just another natural occurence as far as the Earth is concerned (The Earth isn't concerned, nor is it "fragile).

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Read your history.
The Earth warmed in the 12th century AD. ie the 12th Century Renaissance
It was particularly cold during the 17th and 18th centuries, ie, "the Little Ice Age"
and many many more examples.
Whether you believe in anthropomorphic climate change or not, the Earth has changed climate, had severe temperature shifts, and severe weather for all of human history and much more severe instances before human history.
If we are causing the changes, we are just another natural occurence as far as the Earth is concerned (The Earth isn't concerned, nor is it "fragile).

you act like we don't know these little details.... the earth has changed climates MANY times, and in fact the earth is VERY fragile. Otherwise it wouldn't change temperatures so much

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Wow just noticed our register dates, pretty weird huh?
edit on 4-1-2012 by chiefsmom because: oddity

haha coincidence or something else

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joki42
Crazy weather. Went to the store and sudenly, though not a cloud in the sky, a mass of cats fell from the sky. You should have seen it. Amidst meows and hisses they bounced off roofs and cars all over. Freeky.

its the sign of the end of times , fur will fall from the heavens.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The weather is also way off here in Salt Lake City. Temperatures are very mild, there is hardly any snow pack in the mountains, and today I saw a bee. A bee, in January... I am somewhat concerned.

Unless we start seeing a lot more snow pack building up in the mountains soon, then we will have a drought this year.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
although i'm in the middle of texas it's NOT usual for me to be sweating on january 4th. it's 70Fin the shade and it's supposed to be warmer by friday.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I believe it's global warming and I also believe that global warming should not be a political issue. Maybe we can debate the cause(s) and/or solution(s) but to debate the idea that we (as a planet) are going into a more and more unstable weather state is such a waste of time when it's abundantly obvious to most people paying attention, on all sides of the political spectrum.

We should be thinking instead what to do about it (that part we don't all agree on, but that's what the debates should be on instead).

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanGeek

i agree with you. i do think it's global warming aka climate change. i do think the earth is fragile. i'm 42 and i know the weather fluctuates but it's been very odd in the last few years. i think things are changing at an exponential rate.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
We had a 13 hour freeze here at my weather station in Florida. The forecast low was 26°F but it dropped to 22°F and hovered there for several hours. The high temperature was only 43°F. It was colder last winter than this winter, by far, but this was such a sudden drop especially considering that until Monday our highs were 72 – 77°F with lows 52 – 57°F for basically all of December, about 10°F above average.

At this very moment, 8:33pm EST, the temperature is 31°F with a forecast low of 28°F tonight.

Proof

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I went to Florida a couple of years ago for New Years, it snowed.

My friends all laughed and said blame the Canadian for bringing the weather

They want me back for every Christmas, hoping they can have a white one

top topics

join