It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops Going To Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

the US military is preparing to send thousands of US troops, along with US Naval anti-missile ships and accompanying support personnel, to Israel.

It took forever to find a second source for confirmation of this story and both relatively mainstream media outlets are in Israel. With one source saying the military deployment and corresponding exercises are to occur in January, the source providing most of the details suggests it will occur later this spring.

HOLY CRAP

Calling it not just an “exercise”, but a “deployment”, the Jerusalem Post quotes US Lt.-Gen Frank Gorenc, Commander of the US Third Air Force based in Germany. The US Commander visited Israel two weeks ago to confirm details for “the deployment of several thousand American soldiers to Israel.” In an effort to respond to recent Iranian threats and counter-threats, Israel announced the largest ever missile defense exercise in its history. Now, it’s reported that the US military, including the US Navy, will be stationed throughout Israel, also taking part.

In preparation for anticipated Iranian missile attacks upon Israel, the US is reportedly bringing its THAAD, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, and ship-based Aegis ballistic missile systems to Israel.

Well. If what this source states is true, then buckle in folks, this is going to get interesting!
www.whiteoutpress.com...

Edit: Just checked some stuff out. This LT. really did go over to Israel to provide 'increased co-operation' and defence:
www.defpro.com...
edit on 4-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Whiteout didn't read the Jerusalem Post? Here's their first line...

Israel, US to hold largest ever missile defense exercise this spring; thousands of US soldiers will be deployed in Israel.

I see "defense exercise"...
edit on 4-1-2012 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

In preparation for anticipated Iranian missile attacks upon Israel, the US is reportedly bringing its THAAD, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, and ship-based Aegis ballistic missile systems to Israel.

There is an easy way to avoid that, don't attack / invade Iran. They signed the NPT, they allow inspections, IAEA has found ZERO evidence that they have diverted any material to a weapons program.

Iran is willing to play by the rules, if everyone else calms down problem solved.

Unfortunately, Israel is anything but logical in it's actions in the region, if it indeed wants to promote peace and security, it's doing the exact opposite.

Just the other day i read an article that said they had approved 300 more "settlement" constructions just before the first peace talks in what, over a year?

Can it be any more transparent? Can you americans still justify all this money and aid going to Israel while your country collapses around you?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You're on a roll today Dass!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Haha, definitely mate

link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
Whiteout didn't read the Jerusalem Post? Here's their first line...

Israel, US to hold largest ever missile defense exercise this spring; thousands of US soldiers will be deployed in Israel.

I see "defense exercise"...
edit on 4-1-2012 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

I See "Deployment"...

“the deployment of several thousand American soldiers to Israel.”

de·ploy (d-ploi)
v. de·ployed, de·ploy·ing, de·ploys
v.tr.
a. To position (troops) in readiness for combat, as along a front or line.
b. To bring (forces or material) into action.
c. To base (a weapons system) in the field.
2. To distribute (persons or forces) systematically or strategically.
3. To put into use or action

Hmmm...you gotta love the timing...you really do...

link   
I don't want to be the pessimist here but I say we just get it over with!

Let's go ahead an invade Iran...through some bombs around...and then reap the whirlwind when China, Russia, or whoever else decides they have had enough of the US's bull***!

I think it is inevitable anyway...let the cards be dealt already!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If it is a drill - then it is simply a counter-muscle-flexing. Iran had a drill, so will we and there will be allies.
But if it is indeed a deployment.... it is going to be an "interesting" year, for sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
I See "Deployment"...

I was in the US Army for five years and I see a joint training exercise. We do it with foreign countries all the time. Germany. Japan. South Korea. And yes, we have trained with Israel - both forces and material assets.

a. To position (troops) in readiness for combat, as along a front or line.

The entire world is a 'front' and we are always in a position of readiness for combat.
(or at least we are supposed to be)

b. To bring (forces or material) into action.

They aren't being brought into combat action - which is what the intent of the word 'action' is in your reference.

c. To base (a weapons system) in the field.

We always have people and weapons and our assets 'in the field'. But this is NOT a 'field of battle'. Big difference.

2. To distribute (persons or forces) systematically or strategically.

Joint training exercises distribue troops and their weapons/gear. We many times have training exercises in places that have high tensions in order to 'flex our muscle'. But it is NOT a 'deployment'. That's completely different.

3. To put into use or action

Our troops are put into use every day. A joint training exercise is not 'combat action'.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I second your post, thanks!

But I agree that psychologically, it is a form of stress that is applied, and we know our leaders can devious at times, and there could be something that happens just as they find themselves over there.

Until then, it is presented as an exercise, in the Jerusalem Post.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Alrighty, it's good to know that it is presented as an excercise. My fault, should have done more research. Sorry guys

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
After wargame and missile test done by Iran , it can be a delayed action done by the PTB to show that it is always following the One World Government agenda.

But I think it is too late.

I think American people should be informed about Zionism inside and outside USA.

That would show you the root of all problems and conflicts.

The U.S. President Barack Obama was pandering to the pro-Israeli lobby AIPAC when he gave a speech there, so says political commentator James Morris.

Morris told Press TV's U.S. Desk that Obama's pandering to AIPAC was for "political purposes".

The Los Angeles-based political analyst said that "with regard to the coming election and financing from Jewish donors" the Democratic Party is very concerned.

Morris accused Obama of "putting the security of Israel above the security of America". He told the U.S. Desk that while Obama is "saying that we're in tough fiscal times with regard to the U.S. economy and U.S. states going broke", the president is reaffirming sending billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars to Israel to pay for their military

The U.S. President Barack Obama was pandering to the pro-Israeli lobby AIPAC when he gave a speech there, so says political commentator James Morris.

3. [Face to Face] Cynthia McKinney, Former US Congresswoman - 20May2011 - English

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Don't bother with the propaganda. The troops are going on a joint exercise. It happens all the time, all around the world. It's no big deal. And just an FYI - Cynthia McKinney is a has-been and a twit. Using her to back up any arguement is ... well ...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Some facts are old and true.

Like you( and I) will surely die.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
With either Romney and Obama now going to be Presidents, we are assured war with Iran is a reality and we will destroy many lives

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I am surprised. Israel is more than capable of defending itself.

Ron Paul on patriotupdate.com:

Israel does not need our protection. In fact, the recently retired head of Mossad (Israel’s version of the CIA) and current conservative Israeli prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu have both stated that they can handle Iran without America’s help
And if Israel needed more military support, the Germans have promised to stand side by side with them with regards to the Iranian threat.

German Chief of the General Staff Schneiderhahn in 2009: "The calls for the destruction of the State of Israel by terror organizations, authoritarian regimes, and other anti-Semitic voices, continue even in this day and age. The moral imperative for the world to take a stand and act against this hatred is clear as is the need for a strong IDF. We must all act together to ensure we can promise, "Never Again". We will never let another Holocaust occur, we will defend ourselves and we will be prepared for every challenge, we will deal with every enemy and adversary who wishes us harm. This is what we have sworn—to remember and never to forget."

And: "The ties between our two countries and specifically between the German military and the IDF rose out of the unique history and expresses the German understanding and commitment of the challenge we face. The fact that the IDF Chief of the General Staff and the German Chief of the General Staff are standing here together, shoulder to shoulder, is a testimony to that.

See this clip (second half is in English): IDF Chief and German Chief joint statement and IDF Chief Visits Berlin Germany 26/10/09

I have written a number of articles about this before, but when I google the subject again, I notice that some of my previous resources seem to have been removed. One of them was about an Israeli-German joint military venture. In any case, the message to Iran was clear: if you mess with Israel, you mess with Germany.

edit on 4-1-2012 by BooBetty because: Trying to work out how to insert a YouTube clip

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
With either Romney and Obama now going to be Presidents, we are assured war with Iran is a reality and we will destroy many lives

What are the chances of any war taking place if Newt Gingrich becomes the President?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

edit on 4-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BooBetty
I am surprised. Israel is more than capable of defending itself.

Just like it did against Hezbollah in 2006?

Israel doesn't want it's soldiers or people to die so it's going to use US and NATO troops (Goyims) to do its dirty job.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Iran is willing to play by the rules, if everyone else calms down problem solved.

The rules are.. "Stop your Nuclear Programme" They haven't played along.
The Shah sighed the NPT, so if they want to opt out.. They have to make a case to the UN.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join