It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul pooped and wiped his butt!!! He's awesome. RP support on ATS has become a conspiracy of

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If it was anyone else besides Ron Paul, the populace of ATS would be calling his supporters shills.

Not Ron Paul supporters though, they can't be shills!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

While a lot of what you say is true, what other "hope" is there for people, besides their legally elected and often corrupt officials I mean? I think the hype is due to one or 2 things, hope and fear. Plus possibly a newer generation of voters taking their place on this site. And just how should we save ourselves exactly? You highlight problems but offer no solutions except go with the same old same old.

Perhaps the focus should be on the Senate and House.
The people that have bogged everything down into stasis.
edit on 1/3/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm truly amazed how many posts this thread has gotten in such a short amount of time. Forgot to mention, RP support/posts aren't just all over ATS but the majority of other alternative news sites as well. Checked out www.whatreallyhappened.com... ?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

You obviously haven't noticed those trying to keep Ron Paul from any light.

On ATS??

Have you noticed how many RP threads there are?

There are Very few about ANY of the other people.

This thread is about the Ron Paul fanaticism on ATS.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

On ATS??

Well we know ATS hates ignorance; therefore why would people make threads about the other ignorant candidates? Unless you want to start a thread that doesn't include Ron Paul, you are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

On ATS??

Well we know ATS hates ignorance; therefore why would people make threads about the other ignorant candidates? Unless you want to start a thread that doesn't include Ron Paul, you are entitled to your opinion.

So a thread that doesn't include Ron Paul is ignorant?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

So a thread that doesn't include Ron Paul is ignorant?

Just trying to break the ice for you, though you make it seem like people on ATS who are for Ron Paul are ignorant. I am sure he has the support base he does here on ATS because we are not ignorant individuals. We are not the ones who turn the other way and ignore the facts...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

LOL

Nice backhanded way to call me ignorant.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

From the little I have learned of how it all works, I sometimes wonder if the political apparatus is designed to prevent that which it purports to give, namely power to the people. Hopefully one good man is the start. I'm not even a US citizen but would like to think that he can make a change for the better. History will tell...

Idle hope? Possibly but surely better than idle hands?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Then I suggest you start your own thread about your dream candidate, and when people start laying down hard cold facts about how they don't like your candidate then tough. Now that you mention it that is an ignorant way to start a thread title. Could it be anymore rudimentary?
edit on 3-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Then I suggest you start your own thread about your dream candidate,

I did start my own thread (you are replying in it) about a Real candidate that many on ATS seem to have blind allegiance to.

Thus this very thread.

Perhaps you could start a thread about RP and why he is so great....

Oh wait, there are a couple hundred of those already.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

So you made a thread about people here on ATS who kiss Ron Paul's ass, yet you are tired of seeing them on ATS. Then you started another thread about Ron Paul? What I was getting to if you are tired of hearing about Ron Paul then don't make a thread about him in it...Simple

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

So you made a thread about people here on ATS who kiss Ron Paul's ass, yet you are tired of seeing them on ATS. Then you started another thread about Ron Paul?

This is my one and ONLY thread that is about him.

Where do you get I made another thread about him?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Every time I click on the New Topics link, I get hit with another Ron Paul is best, RP is ignored by MSM, RP is misunderstood, RP is attacked by MSM, RP is freaking god threads.

How much is enough?

Are Ron Paul supporters so rabid in their allegiance that they have to make a thread about him constantly?

Are they under the spell of his "cult of personality"?

Are some of them from the Ron Paul campaign committee paid to continually make posts?

Do they think for themselves, or just what others on ATS say loudest and most?

ATS is not a site to create and put forth propaganda for politicos, it is for denying ignorance and collectively working out the truth on topics ranging from ufos/aliens to scientific breakthroughs to esoteric issues.

Personally I am an independent politically and interested in the topics ATS explores.

But I am not interested in being being beaten over the head with "Ron Paul is God" rhetoric constantly.

I realize, here, I am probably in the minority and will be attacked for it, but so be it.

Anyone else tired of this RP worship?

I appreciate your opinions (most of the times
) and I would like to take this opportunity just as one individual who is leaning towards Ron Paul.

In answering your questions, I think it best to just label them in order of appearance:

How much is enough?

It is my belief that if you find something/someone that anyone of us "identify" with then the answer would be no, it's never enough.

Are Ron Paul supporters so rabid in their allegiance that they have to make a thread about him constantly?

Could be for some. I have noticed that some of the post are rather repetitive. However, this is something that happens during election times. I'm sure you're aware of this even though you may disagree with the repetitive nature of the posts. All here are absolutely entitled to their individual opinions, wouldn't you agree?

Are they under the spell of his "cult of personality"?

I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I'm under nobody's spell. I'm coming off the Obama Train
and am in search of some real truth (if there's an ounce of it in any one of these politicians). I associate no "cult" value of any sort to Ron Paul.

Are some of them from the Ron Paul campaign committee paid to continually make posts?

I'm sure that's very possible.

Do they think for themselves, or just what others on ATS say loudest and most?

I think for myself, but I can't speak for the rest of America or the ATS Community as a whole. But, in all honesty, I believe that Ron Paul's supporters feels that he is in fact speaking for them, which ultimately will be his job if elected President of the United States of America.

ATS is not a site to create and put forth propaganda for politicos, it is for denying ignorance and collectively working out the truth on topics ranging from ufos/aliens to scientific breakthroughs to esoteric issues.

I agree with you to a degree. If a member feels that this is what Ron Paul stands for (denying ignorance), maybe this is why he is so highly promoted amongst ATS members. Reason for this particular forum "Politicians and People". As for propaganda, I haven't associated that here on ATS. Just ATS members (most of them) expressing their likes and dislikes for Ron Paul.

But I am not interested in being being beaten over the head with "Ron Paul is God" rhetoric constantly.

Likewise for the thousands of ATS members I am sure, yet there are a multitude of other forums to venture into and write your topic(s) about instead of another one that includes the name "Ron Paul", if that is your desire.

I realize, here, I am probably in the minority and will be attacked for it, but so be it.

You're not the minority...you just classified yourself as such.

Anyone else tired of this RP worship?

I'm tired of the threads that do not tolerate any other opinion other than "Go Ron Paul", but hey everyone is entitled to voice their opinion...right

Great thread SnF

edit on 1/3/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Never mind your intentions of this thread is just to add more fuel to the fire, and get some brownie points from others who may not like Ron Paul as well. Regardless if this is your only thread or not, you said there was enough of them on ATS already.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

From the little I have learned of how it all works, I sometimes wonder if the political apparatus is designed to prevent that which it purports to give, namely power to the people. Hopefully one good man is the start. I'm not even a US citizen but would like to think that he can make a change for the better. History will tell...

Idle hope? Possibly but surely better than idle hands?

I strangely agree with you. I voted for Obama under the same "emotions", but was greatly disappointed. I'm very leary when it comes to trusting anyone in general...so I'm at a wait and see point with Ron Paul.

Only time will tell added with a heap of research on this guy

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

So you made a thread about people here on ATS who kiss Ron Paul's ass, yet you are tired of seeing them on ATS. Then you started another thread about Ron Paul?

This is my one and ONLY thread that is about him.

Where do you get I made another thread about him?

I think what the poster was saying is ...if you're tired of the Ron Paul post, then don't add fuel to the fire

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Regardless if this is your only thread or not, you said there was enough of them on ATS already.

Yes -- enough of them singing his praises or saying he is somehow discriminated against.

We (ATS) get the point. RP make people swoon on ATS.

I am saying enough is enough.

How may threads does it take to kiss a guys ass?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The fervor will die down soon enough.
The mainstream media have Paul in 3rd behind Romney and Santorum in Iowa with most of the votes counted.
Strange, no one has made a thread yet to cheer the doctor on for his bronze medal finish.

edit on 3-1-2012 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
The fervor will die down soon enough.
The mainstream media have Paul in 3rd behind Romney and Santorum in Iowa with most of the votes counted.
Strange, no one has made a thread yet to cheer the doctor on for his bronze medal finish.

edit on 3-1-2012 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

For a guy who only carried one county in 2008, getting 25% of the vote isn't exactly a failure. Especially for somebody so "unelectable" and with "zero chance" of winning. I'm guessing his team is pretty excited about tonight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join