It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Reported a Child Molester

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i feel i must apologize for not responding to everyone here trying to help....

The truth is, this thread had the opposite effect on me that i thought it would....It upset me....ALOT...

To everyone who shared their personal stories, i want you to know, that you didn't have to do that....If you did so because it made you feel better, i'm glad i could provide an outlet....

Also to this same group, i want you to know that i'm sorry for what happened to you....Chances are there was somebody out there just like me trying like hell to help you, and couldn't get through...I'm sure that some of the hateful responses in this thread must have been reminiscent of the authority figures that wouldn't listen to or believe you....

If i could come to you right now, i would....After reading your stories, i was speechless....there's nothing i can say or do now to help you...

Some of the other responses really concerned me....I won't point them out, but i'm almost sure there are a few sexual offenders here in this thread....This also upset me....For me to provide an outlet for some sicko to get his kicks was not my intention....

To the people that wound up sharing in my emotional roller coaster, i'm sorry for you as well....I didn't mean to upset anyone.....I was only looking for some sort of advice.....Which brings me to the last lot....

To the people here offering advice, take comfort in the fact that i not only took your advice, but acted on it as well...

Its a very touchy subject.....i know this, and was hesitant to post the thread....

thanks guys....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

It may never be easy to do the right thing, but the right thing is what you have to do. Good for you for doing it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by StealthyKat

Child abuse kills a child emotionally for life.

There is nothing that Jesus cannot heal..and He has helped many abuse victims with their emotions and trauma..and has even lead them to forgive the abusers.

Not saying all of them have come to that point.. but some have.

The power of love and forgiveness and compassion can work miracles..

He also produced quite a few child abusing priests along the way as we are all well aware of.

You are very religious right? God is omnipotent am i right? why does god let it all happen then and then let jesus clean up the mess with patches and leave everyone scarrred?

Why not prevent it all from happening in the first place?

My point: Your claims are full of holes,based on nothing but stupidity and ignorance.This may sound very snide but dont get me wrong.I am not saying you are a bad person and i am sure you mean well enough but the ridiculous advertisement of your religion(especially in matters like this) are contra-productive and damaging,

The last person i would want my child to be treated by is by a person that talks like you.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

He also produced quite a few child abusing priests along the way as we are all well aware of.

I think you can blame the dark spirits for the child abusing priests ..not the Holy Father..or his son Jesus.

You are very religious right? God is omnipotent am i right? why does god let it all happen then and then let jesus clean up the mess with patches and leave everyone scarrred?

God gave us free will.... but His grace and and healing power are there. You forget that there is Lucifer..who loves to target sexuality.. and tries to steal many souls through sins of impurity.

This does not just happen in the priesthood..it is also very much in sports..as well as schools...and you would be shocked how much it happens in the field of child psychology.

My point: Your claims are full of holes,based on nothing but stupidity and ignorance.This may sound very snide but dont get me wrong.I am not saying you are a bad person and i am sure you mean well enough but the ridiculous advertisement of your religion(especially in matters like this) are contra-productive and damaging, The last person i would want my child to be treated by is by a person that talks like you.

That is fine.. you can call me stupid and ignorant..but let me ask you this.. if you should ever happen to get a phone call from your 16 year old sons school some day..saying that he is being charged with touching a young girl...and showing her his sexual parts...let me know how you feel when the whole block starts gossiping about it.... saying he will be a child molester for life..that he is one evil sick person that needs therapy and must be on a sex offenders list the rest of his life.

We don't know the details of how this even came about.. but so many here are ready to brand this guy a perverted creep that can never change...and this type of branding will make him believe it.

I don't buy that... but hey.. if you want your son to be treated by people who tell him he is sexually screwed up and there is something horribly wrong with him...and will be his whole life.. go right ahead. (by the way there is a chance that some of those workers who will be helping him will also be doing his back end in the washroom when they can.. because you see its not just priests who do this....and you would be shocked at the amount who take advantage of children right within the system)

What the boy did was horribly wrong.. but we don't have details of what lead up to it... we just have a lot of heresay from a neighbor that seems to have already put them down as all scum...

I am saying that sometimes a good heart to heart talk with family members..and an understanding of how this hurts someone can help the situation a lot more than dragging the kid off to live with strangers where it could happen all over again.. while the boy goes to juvey and is blackmailed into some real crappy stuff by his workers and counselors.

(for those of you who like to jump to assumptions.. no..I never got a call from the school about my son..but try and imagine if you did..and if it was for touching your daughter..how would you want to deal with it?)

edit on 6-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Stay Strong and don't give up! People like you I consider to be angels here on earth! I hope justice will be done, and don't stop fighting until it is.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I feel your pain and fear deeply. First, you see that you can't always depend on the authorities. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Personally after doing what you have done, with no results I would not try again expecting a better result.
I cannot speak for what I think you should do, but I can tell you how I would deal with the situation. There is not a clearly correct way to handle it because of all the unpredictable variables. When I am in a situation like this I rely on instinct.
I would talk to everyone about it. I would not stop. The worst that can happen is creating an uproar and angering neighbors. I would also go to the house across the street and knock on the door with any excuse even if it is obvious. Because, as I think you feel, what can be worse than sitting and wondering what is happening to the girl. I would try befriending the girl, if nothing else maybe she could trust you and talk. I am the type of person that when in a situation where an innocent person is being mistreated I will do anything I can to help or disrupt the situation. I have faith in God, that helps me. My personal motto about things like this is "I will only regret if I do nothing, it may not come out the way I wish but I will know I did my best." These are my opinions and I have lived the life this girl is in.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I want to say, as a victim of abuse I remember the people in my life who tried to help. They are dear to me and probably thought I forgot about them long ago. They made a huge impact in my life. They helped me to trust again, which for me was second to nothing. For anyone who hurts others you will not get away with it. I know this and it gives me peace.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join