It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Reported a Child Molester

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been asked, i have not had time to read all responses.

Have you mentioned this to the grandmother?

Even with her goings on and business and all that, she may still be concerned or it may click a few things into place in her mind.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
You must understand that what you reported to the Authorities is third hand gossip.

Understood.....

You have no way of knowing if the information that you provide was acted upon or not.

I know its hard to read the entire thread, but yes, i do have a way of knowing, and no, it hasn't been acted upon other than the action taken by myself.

Originally posted by brokedownAllow the authorities to do their job.

This would be great....

You fulfilled your obligation to the child and society.

Sorry pal....On this one we can't agree...Until this situation is wrapped up and the girl is safe, and i KNOW this, as a MEMBER of society, the obligation to myself is just as large as ever....

To everyone defending the 16 year old, or walking the 'don't rush to judgement' fence, you must understand, i havn't rushed to judgement....

This incident didn't happen yesterday....It's months in the going, and if i look back, as only I can, many things start to add up....After 13 years, there have been instances that now seem like puzzle pieces....

Maybe some of you stay indoors, with the shutters pulled tight, or look down when you pass people in the street...Maybe you don't talk to your neighbors....Maybe you ignore the starving dog, or the homeless man....Maybe you just don't see them because you don't want to...

But as an aware individual, and as a sociable member of society, again after 13 years of watching, it goes a little deeper than 'you heard from someone who heard'....

I heard from someone who may have reason to avoid the authorities...

This wasn't gossip...It was a plea....
edit on 4-1-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

I am so sorry. And I was that little girl, so I agree with you completely that until this is handled, it's not OK and you can't stop. I wouldn't be able to.

I apologize for not reading the whole thread, but I did read the first page.

If I were you, I would gather some research, prepare a presentation of sorts and have a long talk with the hillbillies. I would beg them to go to the authorities with their information.

Good luck to you and thank you for what you're doing!
I wish I had had a Champion...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I commend you for taking the steps to protect this young girl! Unfortunately, I see a few issues with this.

A) What you reported is complete hearsay without any proof. They have these guidelines in place for multiple witnesses in order to build a case and not waste the state's money on frivolous claims. Otherwise every time someone got upset with someone else with children they could just call and report that they "heard" so and so was molested and wreak havoc on them. Although, it still does occur quite often. It could also be possible that this woman likes to stir up drama and see the havoc which she hath wrought unfold, and from your description of her it is entirely possible.

B) The girl is at an age where she could easily fabricate or tell lies in order to obtain attention. She is in circumstances that she most likely wants to escape and they, at that age, are smart enough to know how to garner the attention they seek or to put into motion events to "get out" of their situation. Her older brother does not exactly sound like an upstanding citizen and he may have indeed done things to upset her, and in doing so has become the easy fall-guy for her to escape. Not saying this is the case but I have seen this happen many times.

C) Without exact, specific details on what exactly took place between her and her brother, there is no telling, and that is the job of the prosecutors to discover. Their family may possibly just be more "open" about being naked, and that could easily be turned into more sinister. I recall a case where a child talked about seeing her parents naked around their house and the authorities were called and it turned out that their family were essentially nudists at home and had no modesty between one another. They never molested or abused their children (besides an occasional playful smack on the bottom) but they also did not go to great lengths to cover up, or even close the door while using the restroom. An innocent comment turned into a year long investigation that tore their family apart. The girl now has incredible guilt at ruining her family and creating tensions in the household. So it begs the question, does one have a right to be naked in front of their own children? Or even to be a nudist and to teach such values to children?

It all boils down to it being complete hearsay without any evidence or eye witnesses to the event. And until the girl comes forward to undergo scrutiny there will be very little that will occur. Our justice system seems to destroy children and families as much as abusers do. It truly is a lose-lose situation for all involved, especially when there are law enforcement or justice officials interested in exploiting such victims and possible offenders for public opinion purposes. You are guilty and never proven innocent once accused of such a crime, and as a victim you are used abused, and destroyed by our system and then thrown away once you are no longer of use.
edit on 4-1-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I commend you for taking the steps to protect this young girl! Unfortunately, I see a few issues with this.

me too pal......me too.....i see MORE than a few issues with this, the ones you mentioned included....

Talking about it with you guys really lets me clear my head though, and new ideas have come to light....

thanks...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The "authorities won't get $41T done, unless it's a wealthier neighborhood.
I was raised in a house where my own mother tried to kill me 3 times. Left me to die once because she didn't think she deserved to have to put up with her two ungrateful kids. Even if she did look the other way when we were molested at different times. We should have been more appreciative that her drug addled but loved us.
Really thats what life is like for more kids growing up then you know.

The schools didn't care. The cops spent more time trying to convince me that I had made it all up. I was a criminal in the making if I didn't drop it.

They don't jump to anyones rescue unless it's a pretty little blonde from money.

Keep reporting. But don't hold your breath.

The best thing you can do is be a friendly supportive neighbor. Help her through the worst of it in her teen years. Help her become a survivor with some hope. Plus help her mourn the loss of her childhood and teenage years to PTSD that will most likely never be treated.
Always work with her through hard choices.

At a young age you make more hard choices then is natural in those situations. And it can lead to some brash self destructive moments that can't be avoided, but can be cushioned when its over. It's an intense time that no one can relate to unless they have been there.

Sounds to me like you will have to get your wild humanitarians crossed the street involved somehow.

More power to you.

Superman is a myth. The real heros live next door.

Peace and Safety

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
this story is heartbreaking. i have had similar experience and child services screwed up the whole thing then dropped the case! i think about it every single day. i have told so many people. there's a lot to my story which i won't get into here but i hope you find someone who will listen. keep calling and make sure the case is being looked into. they get so many calls and get over loaded. don't let it go and i think they will listen. as long as the girl is willing to come forward they have a case!

Heartbreaking?

It is a story about a brother ,sister playing doctor.It is also 100% hearsay on the op's part since he heard the story being told to a grandaughter by someone elses granddaughter which got told to him by one of the grandmothers.

As the op himself has said he has been watching them for 13 YEARS which is a bit aahm.....creepy if you ask me.I am sure that it is not just the one family he has been watching,All that his 13 years of watching has produced is the hearsay story i just pointed too.

Yes ofcourse,report the story but the fact that it has not been looked at as deeply probably has to do with the point i just made.I am pretty sure that the departments responsible have more tangible cases to deal with other then a story that passes 4 or 5 people that is reported by a prying neighbour since he has been watching the family for 13 years(my god..)

EDIT: i see now that DJM8507 just about had the same idea as me about this matter,

edit on 4-1-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

this story is heartbreaking. i have had similar experience and child services screwed up the whole thing then dropped the case! i think about it every single day. i have told so many people. there's a lot to my story which i won't get into here but i hope you find someone who will listen. keep calling and make sure the case is being looked into. they get so many calls and get over loaded. don't let it go and i think they will listen. as long as the girl is willing to come forward they have a case!

Heartbreaking?

It is a story about a brother ,sister playing doctor.It is also 100% hearsay on the op's part since he heard the story being told to a grandaughter by someone elses granddaughter which got told to him by one of the grandmothers.

As the op himself has said he has been watching them for 13 YEARS which is a bit aahm.....creepy if you ask me.I am sure that it is not just the one family he has been watching,All that his 13 years of watching has produced is the hearsay story i just pointed too.

Yes ofcourse,report the story but the fact that it has not been looked at as deeply probably has to do with the point i just made.I am pretty sure that the departments responsible have more tangible cases to deal with other then a story that passes 4 or 5 people that is reported by a prying neighbour since he has been watching the family for 13 years(my god..)

watching?...

So if you're walking along and a car runs over a cat, and you just so happened to see it, you're the creep that stands around and 'watches' and waits for cats to get run over?

Do you get off on cats being run over?

Did you miss the part where i told you my neighbors were crackheads?....Maybe i should let my guard down...whats the worst that could happen right?

Your accusations and ridicule are the exact reason that things like this go on without intervention....

What if i DIDN'T report the case because i was afraid some scumbag on the internet would call me a 'creep'?

what's suspicious here is your defense of a suspected child molester....

hitting a little too close to home?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven

Heartbreaking?

watching?...

So if you're walking along and a car runs over a cat, and you just so happened to see it, you're the creep that stands around and 'watches' and waits for cats to get run over?

Do you get off on cats being run over?

Excuse me?

what's suspicious here is your defense of a suspected child molester....

hitting a little too close to home?

I think you are a bit too screwed up in the head to make any kind of reliable judgement.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Alright with a topic like this... it can hit close to home... anyone with kids, little brothers or sisters etc can get worked up about this..

however I think we need to be more constructive in this thread as opposed to breaking each other down..

I had already stated in pages 1 and 2 that the OP needs to be objectionable, and you can tell by his responses he's passionate about this and doing it for the RIGHT reasons...

Yes we know there could be other things at play, but making WILD accusations is really no way to help...

There is a little girl who is in danger here (we are told) lets pretend for a second that this was part of your family....

how would you feel???

thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Heartbreaking?

EDIT: i see now that DJM8507 just about had the same idea as me about this matter,

He said watching... it does not mean having a telecope or binoculer in you room and watching someone...

if someone living beside someone for 13 yrs and very social with them, its easy to see whats going on, like the family visit and how many children.. i mean 13 yrs is a lot..

The house on my right has a girl who looks about same age as me, i see her in the morning when i get ready to go to work, and i know what time she comes home, i still don't know her name, never talked one bit. i know she has a brother(was dropping him off at school, i was washing my car), mother and her father leaves on weekends(can see by the amount of cars parked)..also might have an older brother who doesn't live with them, and she moved beside my house like 4 yrs ago... this does not make me creepy or a stalker.. and i didn't "watch" them, 4 yrs and everyday occurences makes it a norm to know these stuff.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Here is how "a friend of mine" handled "his" situation. "He" came from a very poor background and had to live around some pretty shady characters. Long story short, "he" (and two brothers and two buddies) had a girl at "their" bus stop that was going through this with an evil step dad. He was "apparently" approached by a stranger and handed a note that read, "If you ever touch Jessica again, whether to harm or violate, you will physically regret it for the rest of your life." "Jessica knows nothing of this." "Please, stop." Well, this triggered a problem for Jessica. She was beaten bad enough by him to be taken from the home. A few short days later he (stepdad) was caught out after dark and beaten within an inch of his life. The only words that were spoken to him, "what goes around comes around and if I have to come back around, you won't be around." They say
he wailed like a wounded animal when he took his beating that hospitalized him. I bet he still walks with a limp.
We found out later Jessica had been sent to live with her grandmother after he did that to her. She never had to go back to her mom's. My thought has always been negative toward the mom because she chose to keep that scum bag through the years.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I like the contacting school teachers idea, hopefully the teachers there are ones that take this sort of thing seriously.

You never know, maybe the teachers have noticed some things as well, maybe she's said something or they have noticed bruises or strange behavior etc.

p.s in my previous post I said talking to the girl can be a last resort if you run out of ideas, if you still think it's risky because your a man, it might be a good idea to convince the granddaughter to talk to the girl again. I mean she is the one who started the rumor in the first place.
edit on 4-1-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We are all getting this story fifth hand and yet many of us are willing to convict this kid and mark him as a child molester for life for...showing his dongus?

We don't know that.
OP does not know that.
Grandmother does not know that.
Granddaughter does not know that.
Granddaughter said the girl said it happened.

What else do we know? OP doesn't like his next door neighbor. In fact, he gave us a pretty detailed rundown of what they were like, a 13 year sordid history of sorts. OP doesn't particularly care for his cross-street neighbor either. He says they are hill billies. Sounds like a really nice neighborhood.

Now OP is very upset because no one seems to be cooperating with him. The school district isn't cooperating with him. The Child Protective Service is not cooperating with him. The cross street neighbor is apparently not cooperating with him. For some reason OP has been unable to "traverse the bureaucracy," so to speak to get done what he thinks ought to be done. No one is responding the way he thinks they ought to be responding. And when some of us point out the difficulties with this story he says we're waiting for a cat to get run over, or something? I guess? Sorry, but I'm not tracking this line of reasoning very well.

So what's the point here? We, i.e.: We posters to this thread, have given you, OP, a wide variety of responses. Some of us say YOU must "do something." Others have related their own stories of abuse. Others have discussed vigilante justice. Some have accepted your story completely. Others have suggested certain courses of action. We've all tried, in our own ways, to consider the issue thoughtfully.

However, you, OP, have told us that none of our suggestions will work, or that you have already tried them and they did not work. Some of us have also pointed out problems with the story, particularly that to us it is fifth generation hearsay, and to those people you have been somewhat abusive.

That leads me to conclude that there is nothing more to be said here. You, OP, are not going to get a solution from us. Now we can go around and round for six more pages discussing the same issues over and over again, but as far as giving you a solution you can effectively use, we've failed, You need to go elsewhere to find a solution, and since everything we've said so far has been rejected, it's not for us to say.

If you are correct in your assumptions after talking to the grandmother who talked to her granddaughter, who talked to the girl, whom she said related this story, and that this, indeed, is the tip of the abuse iceberg and represents a lot more than this kid showing the girl his dongus, I wish you luck. Insofar as your story amounts to libelous hearsay, I hope the truth gets sorted out one way or another.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
So what's the point here? We, i.e.: We posters to this thread, have given you, OP, a wide variety of responses. Some of us say YOU must "do something." Others have related their own stories of abuse. Others have discussed vigilante justice. Some have accepted your story completely. Others have suggested certain courses of action. We've all tried, in our own ways, to consider the issue thoughtfully.

However, you, OP, have told us that none of our suggestions will work, or that you have already tried them and they did not work. Some of us have also pointed out problems with the story, particularly that to us it is fifth generation hearsay, and to those people you have been somewhat abusive.

First off, i'd like to point out how YOU refer to the posters in this thread as US and WE while YOU havn't contributed in the slightest......

Second, i'd like to prove you wrong...From this very page...

Talking about it with you guys really lets me clear my head though, and new ideas have come to light....

thanks...

And the page before...

you guys are awesome......

I really wish you were in the neighborhood with me....we could just march over there in full force.....

But in the real world, its alot harder than that....And this being my first time dealing with such a situation, i'm finding out just how much of a slippery slope it really is....

Thanks to you all....And a BIG thank you for the PMs or U2Us....These have been chock full of great advice that either can't or won't be shared in the thread...

Thanks alot guys......I've been alone on this until now..

And the page before that...

reply to post by Kester

starred you. Great post.....GREAT post..

reply to post by StealthyKat

starred you too....thank you....Checking these out RIGHT NOW....

I think one of the problems i'm seeing here is, sure, you need to tell....If you're the little girl, you need to tell...If you're the neighbor who knows, you need to tell....

But how do you tell?....and who do you tell?..

Got alot of great advice here guys, and it looks like some logical conversation going on as well....

need i go on?....anyone who has contributed to this thread in the slightest has received praise from me...and why not, i came to these guys for opinions, and help, and they've provided both....you on the other hand...

Originally posted by schuylerThat leads me to conclude that there is nothing more to be said here. You, OP, are not going to get a solution from us. Now we can go around and round for six more pages discussing the same issues over and over again, but as far as giving you a solution you can effectively use, we've failed, You need to go elsewhere to find a solution, and since everything we've said so far has been rejected, it's not for us to say.

see above.....

Again...thank you for rushing to judgement and attacking me while simultaneously ignoring the topic, the OP, the other posters and forcing yourself upon and grouping yourself with people that would probably want nothing to do with you...

next time, don't bother.....

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
p.s in my previous post I said talking to the girl can be a last resort if you run out of ideas, if you still think it's risky because your a man, it might be a good idea to convince the granddaughter to talk to the girl again. I mean she is the one who started the rumor in the first place.
edit on 4-1-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

yeah Pheonix, i'm still on that and will remain so....If i could get her to come forward with what the little girl told her first hand, i'd feel alot better...The people at DFACS even asked me to tell her to come forward....

The problem is, and i've been avoiding this, i think she has warrants, and dosn't want to talk to the authorities...

I say this because i see the probation officers come and go, and without telling you guys everything that the grandmother tells me at the end of the drive...

Yeah.....i think she has warrants.....

Which is another hard part of the equation....So what if you see something horrible go down, and you yourself are on the wrong side of the law?

Do you operate as the criminal that the system has painted you as?...Or do you risk your own freedom to come clean about what you've witnessed to the authorities?

Personally, i think the girl should risk being arrested on her warrants in order to help the little one...Then again, i'm not her, and i don't have warrants, and maybe there are women in jail that want to eat her brains...i really don't know....

Getting the granddaughter in law (22 year old) to talk to someone other than her grandmother and me, someone with a badge or official title, has been a major speed bump...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Hang on a minute there, you asked us for opinions and now if our opinions don't agree with yours we are ignoring the topic, and grouping ourselves with people that probably want nothing to do with us??

Again...thank you for rushing to judgement and attacking me while simultaneously ignoring the topic, the OP, the other posters and forcing yourself upon and grouping yourself with people that would probably want nothing to do with you... next time, don't bother.....

Last time i checked we had freedom of speech and opinions, or when did they get squashed too? Is this another new "law" iv'e missed out on maybe?
As for as you put it ,

rushing to judgement and attacking me while simultaneously ignoring the topic

Schuyler said , and you yourself copy pasted this

You need to go elsewhere to find a solution

i don't see that as ignoring the topic its just an opinion, maybe relax a little?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have given this thread MUCH thought after posting in it last night and I have come to this conclusion:

OP,
you have done what you can. My advise from this point forward is to keep a watchful eye on that house,which I am sure you do already, and to report any illegal activity you see from this point forward. If the grandmother and daughter are fighting in the yard, call the police and report it. Just say you can hear a lot of yelling, that is all it takes and they will send someone over to check it out.

Don't give up, but don't be a pest with the authorities either.
Since you DID contact the proper people, there is not a lot you personally can do anymore unless you befriend the family yourself so that you can get a closer look at what is happening,but that would be your choice.

Whatever you do, do not give up on that little girl.
Talk to her more when you see her,say hi and smile.
Ask her how she is doing.
Be a friend.

In the end this little girl is going to need every friend she can get, all through-out her life.
The system as it is now sucks. It works as a double edged sword. It is easy to get help when you don't want or need it, but hard to get help when you do need it.

I am not focusing on the 16 year old, to me, he belongs in a mental institution, and is already dead. I personally have no sympathy for him.

The mother sounds like she is to wrapped up in her own drug addiction to be of any help, and something sounds off with grandma too.

But the 8 year old girl still has a chance.
I hope OP, that you are wrong and nothing happened to that girl.
I fear though that you are correct as I have seen this myself with my own eyes, and I know it happens way more than people want to believe or admit.

Please, if anything else happens keep us posted, I am sorry the system is failing in this situation, it fails a lot.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If it were me I'd be talking to anyone who would listen. Talk to the grandma of this little girl, talk to the police, keep calling child protective services and be a thorn in their side. Maybe this hillbilly who was told the original information from the little girl would be willing to send in a written statement to child protective services, can't hurt to go ask. Talk to the local paper and find someone willing to do a story about how so little is actually done to protect kids and how they have to have 'three reports' before they will even investigate. Light a fire under their asses so that maybe they will look into it just so that you'll go away, kwim?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
We are all getting this story fifth hand and yet many of us are willing to convict this kid and mark him as a child molester for life for...showing his dongus?

We don't know that.
OP does not know that.
Grandmother does not know that.
Granddaughter does not know that.
Granddaughter said the girl said it happened.

What else do we know? OP doesn't like his next door neighbor. In fact, he gave us a pretty detailed rundown of what they were like, a 13 year sordid history of sorts. OP doesn't particularly care for his cross-street neighbor either. He says they are hill billies. Sounds like a really nice neighborhood.

Now OP is very upset because no one seems to be cooperating with him. The school district isn't cooperating with him. The Child Protective Service is not cooperating with him. The cross street neighbor is apparently not cooperating with him. For some reason OP has been unable to "traverse the bureaucracy," so to speak to get done what he thinks ought to be done. No one is responding the way he thinks they ought to be responding. And when some of us point out the difficulties with this story he says we're waiting for a cat to get run over, or something? I guess? Sorry, but I'm not tracking this line of reasoning very well.

That leads me to conclude that there is nothing more to be said here. You, OP, are not going to get a solution from us. Now we can go around and round for six more pages discussing the same issues over and over again, but as far as giving you a solution you can effectively use, we've failed, You need to go elsewhere to find a solution, and since everything we've said so far has been rejected, it's not for us to say.

If you are correct in your assumptions after talking to the grandmother who talked to her granddaughter, who talked to the girl, whom she said related this story, and that this, indeed, is the tip of the abuse iceberg and represents a lot more than this kid showing the girl his dongus, I wish you luck. Insofar as your story amounts to libelous hearsay, I hope the truth gets sorted out one way or another.

This^

I also noticed how condescending and judgemental he was about his other neighbours and next to the fact that is is all about a story passed on over several people this was the sort of behaviour that raised the most alarm to me.In the follow up to my post he tried to suggestively criminalize me as well simply because i did not accept his story and his reasoning by blind faith.

That to me says enough about this man.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join