It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by OneEleven
while they will likely go ignored, i'd like to point out a few things that there were not room for in the OP, and honestly, i didnt feel were important.....But since i've been attacked, maybe i should make a few things clear....
1. I called my neighbors across the street 'hillbillies'. They are. Simple as that. I'm not labeling them. They're PROUD to be hillbillies. Rebel flags in the windows and all. The truck in the drive has a HUGE window sticker in the back that says "REDNECK". Have any of you ever seen The Wild And Wonderful Whites of West Virginia? Well, these are the Wild And Wonderful Whites of Georgia, and they're proud of it. This is one of the reasons i've always liked them. Not because i support their views or lifestyle, but they've always been very honest people, and for all their faults, friendly neighbors. I like people who aren't afraid to be themselves.
2. The hillbillies across the street aren't necessarily on the right side of the law. Not on the Jeffery Dahmer side of things, but more of on a Duke Boys feel. For me, morally, this dosn't make them bad people. The police are called there a few times a month, bottles are thrown and war calls are 'hollered' and the next day they're back together like a big happy family.
3. The original source of the information, the 22 year old grand daughter in law across the street, may very well have warrants. I would be inclined to say that she DOES have warrants, but that would be like me saying that the boy next door IS a child molester. I havn't seen the warrant, just like i havn't seen the brother touch the little girl, but the Grandmother of the 22 year old has told me that the girl has warrants for a probation violation (misdemeanor weed possession), and this is likely the reason that she is hesitant to talk to authority figures.
4. The neighbors next door and the location of alleged molestation may not be the best breed of people, but i don't HATE them either. In fact, i've been inside the house TWICE, when the home was burglarized. The grandmother of the little girl, JUST LIKE the grandmother of the 22 year old came to me FIRST, i guess because i was closest, and asked me to make sure her house was safe to enter. Sure, she called the police, but as another poster pointed out so graciously, this isn't the best neighborhood on earth and the police are slow to respond. Aside from the security i've provided for the grandmother next door, i've allowed her grandchildren to play in my yard without permission. I've trimmed my own trees away from her property and even trimmed some of her own trees from her house knowing that she couldn't do it herself.
In the early years when i first moved in next door, she would ask me to watch her house when she went out of town, and even asked me to call the police if i saw her daughter (the mother of the little girl) coming and going. And as mentioned in the OP, i actually became close with the german man that she was married to this last time. We've been on speaking terms, and i wave to them, and SOMETIMES, she waves back. I don't hate them, or even judge them. Honestly, i don't know that i HATE anyone anywhere.
6. I'm not spying on my neighbors. Any of them. Around here, you don't have to. What goes on goes on the front lawn for the entire world to see. I must admit though that with the neighbors next door, i have been nervous for my property just because of the shady guys that come around there. I've seen a few look over the fence into my own yard, and yes, i am on guard about what goes on at or around my fence.
5. I havn't jumped the gun, and nowhere in my OP or thereafter have i jumped the gun. I have not confronted the boy. I have not confronted the girl. I have no intention of harming the boy or acting out any other sort of 'vigilante justice'. THIS, my friends, is where in lies one of the problems.
Of course, knowing a child is in danger and being a father, this IS the first thought to come to mind (something would be wrong if it wasn't the first thought that comes to mind), but you just push it to the back and don't act on it. Well, i don't at least.
The problems here are obvious, and i've thought about them ALOT. Did the girl lie? Is she accusing the brother in place of another man? Does she think she's in love? Does she LIKE what's happening to her, or does she THINK she likes it? Does she know its wrong? Does the mother know? Does the grandmother know? Has the brother threatened her? Would he follow through on such threats? Would she be molested by her caregivers if she was removed from the home? Is the brother alone in his exploits? Has there only been folding or an actual RAPE? These are questions that NONE of us can answer.
6. The only time i've been cross with a poster in this thread is in defending MYSELF, which seems kind of crazy that i would even have to do that. I've been accused of being judgmental, ignorant, hateful, and even a peeping tom. None of which are true. While its become obvious that most of these accusers have either skipped the OP entirely or skimmed it for a rotten board to pry on, it dosn't lessen the blow any.
And while these accusations could easily be dismissed knowing the way the internet works, and knowing that certain people use the internet for this very purpose, i AM a human being, not just a screen name, and i'd be lying if i said my feelings weren't hurt.
Thanks to everyone who hasn't jumped the gun, and a big SEE YA to those who have.edit on 4-1-2012 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by popsmayhem
gossiping back biting
talk is not a good thing
it would of been your business
to notify police but none of yours
posting this on an open public forum.
glad I'm not your neighbor.
not because i do anything bad
but what you could construed up
in that mind of yours.
make me sick
i mean of course unless you're making this all up for S A G (CRAPS/GIGGLES)
which I'm leaning towards..edit on 4-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)