It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIVE Iowa Caucus Road To The Whitehouse Thread. CSPAN and Other Live Streams!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

Here are the names that will be counted.

iowagop.org...

■We will be reporting the votes for Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Jon Huntsman, Ron Paul, Rick Perry, Buddy Roemer, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, “No Preference,” and “Other.”
■“No Preference” votes include those who vote “present,” “no preference, “uncommitted,” or “none of the above.”

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i will be surprised if rp does win. i believe the corrupt will do everything in their power to keep him from winning.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Praetorius

I don't know the rules and regulations of the party, but I wonder... does the party have the option to deny the nomination to the candidate who wins their primary? Are they legally bound to put the winning candidate forward? I don't think they are. I think it's up to their discretion.

Thing is, if they don't, the party loses the support of its registered party members.

In any case, the Republican Party is NOT obligated to support whoever wins tonight. Remember this is just a caucus to see who gets on the primary ballot. It's not the primary. But there has been SO much fuss over this that people are assuming it's a primary.

Iowa doesn't have a primary...they only have a Caucus.

Some of Iowa's delegates to the GOP convention will be indirectly selected tonight...tonight the precinct delegates are elected, they go to the county convention and elect a county delegate, they go to the congressional district convention and elect a district delegate, they go to the state convention and elect a portion of Iowa's states delegates. The remainder of Iowa's states delegates are assigned by Iowa GOP party leaders.

This is the only "vote" Iowa voters have before the general election...there is no primary after this.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Here are the names that will be counted.

iowagop.org...

■We will be reporting the votes for Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich, Jon Huntsman, Ron Paul, Rick Perry, Buddy Roemer, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, “No Preference,” and “Other.”
■“No Preference” votes include those who vote “present,” “no preference, “uncommitted,” or “none of the above.”

Thank you!

You know, this is the first time I've actually examined the voting process more closely. In my local and state and national elections, I look up the candidates and make a decision and then pretty much ignore the rest of the hoopla. Since none of this actually affects the town where I live, it's very interesting to see it in sort of an abstract way.

Hmm. Haven't seen anything much on Buddy Roemer, either.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Watching CNN today has made me realize how much I despise the mainstream media. They are so incredibly biased it just annoys me. FoxNews is even worse, and C-Span I can't watch without getting sleepy -___-
edit on 3-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Iowa doesn't have a primary...they only have a Caucus.

Some of Iowa's delegates to the GOP convention will be indirectly selected tonight...tonight the precinct delegates are elected, they go to the county convention and elect a county delegate, they go to the congressional district convention and elect a district delegate, they go to the state convention and elect a portion of Iowa's states delegates. The remainder of Iowa's states delegates are assigned by Iowa GOP party leaders.

This is the only "vote" Iowa voters have before the general election...there is no primary after this.

Ooops! My bad! We can tell that I haven't paid much attention to how things work in other states!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's going to be a close one IF.....it's a legit one!!!
All eyes on Iowa

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

It doesn't help that every state does it differently and try to make it as confusing as possible.

Even within the same state...the Dems and Reps do it differently sometimes.

I wish they all just had primaries...this caucus stuff is just silly.

link   
Top tier are Romney Paul & Santorum, no surprise.

link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Watching CNN today has made me realize how much I despise the mainstream media. They are so incredibly biased it just annoys me. FoxNews is even worse, and C-Span I can't watch without getting sleepy -___-
edit on 3-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

I'm keeping an eye on the CSPAN feed and I feel my eyes getting heavier.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Every good show needs some entertainment, and the Huffington Post (AOL) election page is just... well, hard to beat for the entertainment value (right this way, folks!)

So we have "Santorum breaks down crying", and "Santorum head butts camera" (sounds amusing) along with Pat Robertson's "God told me who the next president would be."

Pass the popcorn!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here is an actual Iowa Caucus going on right now, live:

Rick Perry's stump speaker talking now.

www.c-span.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I'm watching the same feed.

I forgot about these stump speeches and how they make me angry.LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Not gonna lie, this guy "Mark Bakker" caucusing for Ron Paul on C-Span sounds like a retard.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm hoping Ron's military support showing because the Iraq soldiers coming back they really don't wanna go back to war ; does anyone know how military members can vote in the caucuses

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I think he did a poor job too.

Santorum's wife is now up

link   
What's up with all these old people at the caucuses? I had expected more younger people. Crud, that's good news for Romney

link   
CNN entrance poll - Early voters

24% | Ron Paul
24% | Mitt Romney
18% | Rick Santorum
13% | Newt Gingrich

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Let's hope it was just a bunch of young Ron Paul voters running late!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If CNN is admitting the entrance poll as Ron Paul being 'tied' for first, I believe Ron Paul has a chance to upset. This may get interesting.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join