It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIVE Iowa Caucus Road To The Whitehouse Thread. CSPAN and Other Live Streams!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Just wanted to start this thread so we can keep a live report of the Iowa tallies and post related live streams anyone comes up with throughout the day. I am a Ron Paul supporter but this is not a "Ron Paul" thread per se. But if people choose to duke it out over candidates I'll give my two cents.

Also add any news of interest like allegations of wrongdoing, polls, or any shenanigans.

Ladies and Gentlemen...start your engines!

12160.info...

www.c-span.org...

edit on 3-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I will be attending one of the bigger caucus sites here in Des Moines. I can update anything of interest to this thread as well.

We expect to see record turnout this year, but many of us are concerned because it can take some time to register and get into the caucus to vote. The GOP has made it quite clear that they will close the doors at 7pm at all of the sites and will refuse to let anyone in to vote after that time. If you cant get in the door from 5:30pm to 7pm......you're out of luck.

This will be an interesting night and regardless of who wins I hope this is a fair election. I doubt it will be.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thanks, any info anyone can add to the thread helps.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Are you saying there's a one and half hour window for anyone who wants to vote in this caucus? I'm confused. That doesn't sound like very long!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What time do these events start?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Vamos Ron Paul

edit on 3-1-2012 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

This will be an interesting night and regardless of who wins I hope this is a fair election. I doubt it will be.

I hate having to say I agree on BOTH counts. Breitbart posted a most depressing video with a republican strategist named Dee Dee Benkie last night advising that the state GOP will NOT allow Paul to win, and that they're holding back a group of swing caucusers (read: party enforcers) to vote as needed to push the results in either Romney or Santorum's favor as they determine most appropriate and to keep Paul out:

We've also got word (possibly unsubstantiated - disclaimer) from a TEA Party group that precinct captains are being advised to tell the local vote tallies to NO ONE except the party head on the toll-free line to the "undisclosed" tally location, which simply smacks of unsavory implications to me...

edit on 1/3/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
What time do these events start?

Things will heat up tonight but I started this early.

*shrugs*

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Okay Pax, thanks for making an "official" count the votes thread!

I'll keep posting to this thread and hopefully others will flag it and ensure this is the main thread on this. I'm sure there will be ten more threads started on this , afterall, it is ATS.

I'll try to find out exactly where the "secret location" where the GOP will tally the final count at. Hopefully I can have this info up by 8:00PM Iowa time. I have several Ron Paulites in Des Moines looking into it as that will probably be the location. I'm thinking a school or hotel right now, but could be wrong.

Any sites anyone could recommend for watching for voter fraud? Bradblog is okay but won't have any stories on it for a day or so. I'm sure ATSer's will be all over this, but please folks, reliable info only. Remember, PICS or it didn't happen.....lmao.

Today is a HUGE day for Ron Paul. Go Ron Go!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I have no doubt the state (and national) GOP does NOT want Paul to win. And I believe they would use whatever shenanigans necessary to keep him from becoming their candidate.

I don't know the rules and regulations of the party, but I wonder... does the party have the option to deny the nomination to the candidate who wins their primary? Are they legally bound to put the winning candidate forward? I don't think they are. I think it's up to their discretion.

But I am looking forward to tonight. I'm afraid I won't be here, but in the living room in front of the TV.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

7 PM Iowa time(CDT).

No word on if the doors will close at 7 PM, but they start off with the Pledge of Allegance and other trivial things. Actual voting will start at around 7:45 to 8:15(first round that is).

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I work from home and I have a full schedule today so I won't be able to really contribute much but I'll check back in throughout the day. Again, thanks to anyone who gives any info as things unfold.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Go Iowa ..choose love instead of hate, choose peace instead of war, choose liberty instead of slavery......

go go go Ron Paul !!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The popular vote is what's important for Ron Paul fans tonite.

The electoral votes will come later at the Iowa convention and don't necessarily reflect the popular vote. Iowa electoral votes will go to whoever is winning the primaries a few months down the road.

The popular vote is what will bring more money and MSM coverage of the candidate who wins. It also creates momentum for the winning candidate ala Obama in 2008.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

As I understand it, it comes down to who the required number of delegates actually support at the republican convention - even pledged delegates are under no legal requirement to support their state winner, although it's considered exceptionally bad form (and likely damning in the party) not to.

If no candidate makes it that far with the required number of delegates, or the required number won't support a candidate as needed, then it's a brokered convention and a lot of haggling is involved.

Admittedly, I need to learn more about this, so if anyone can correct me, please do.

EDIT:
Ah, thanks freedom. You rock, as always. Proud to have you here.

edit on 1/3/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Are you saying there's a one and half hour window for anyone who wants to vote in this caucus? I'm confused. That doesn't sound like very long!

No, it doesn't work like that...the Caucus isn't a "show up, vote, leave" event.

I made a thread to help understand how it works.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

That lady who was talking at the end of the vid... She sounded a bit looney. I dont know why they let her speak for that long.

She's worried about Paul taking Iowa. So? Let the people have their word and their say. If he wins, move out of the way... she's so worried about losing first spot in the GOP nomination selection next cycle rather than letting people have their say.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

BH...the Iowa Caucus Presidential Preference Poll is a non-binding poll at the Caucus. But this is what will be reported by the media as who "won" Iowa.

Later in the Caucus there is a vote to elect precinct delegates...that is where the real action takes place. But these delegates aren't bound by the Preference Poll in any way. Further, these aren't the final delegates that go to the GOP Convention...these will go to a county convention to elect county delegates, those delegates go to a district convention to elect district delegates, and those go to the state convention to elect state delegates that will go to the GOP convention.

The "win" the media reports tonight is just that...a media "win"...the candidates don't actually get anything tonight...not one delegate is won tonight.

I linked my thread I did about the Iowa Caucus in my previous reply...I have a reply in there that goes into more detail about the Iowa delegate process.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Agreed. "Ron Paul's so unelectable, we have to stack the deck to ensure he doesn't win." Ridiculous.

Let the people have their say, don't pervert the process to keep Paul from "perverting the process" by energizing people and actually growing the party. It disgusts me that party followers would do the bidding of the leadership to achieve a certain outcome instead of just supporting who THEY personally thought was the best candidate and letting the chips fall where they may.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Yes! You have an hour and half to wait in line, register and be in the door. I am going a little early to ensure that I get in without a problem. I am also taking a digital video camera to record the process.

reply to post by Fitch303

Registration starts at 5:30pm, speeches and voting will begin at 7pm.

This should be our biggest concern. The Iowa GOP is worried that they may lose our "first in the nation" status if Iowa were to elect someone other than the establishment candidates.(Romney, Santorum, Newt)

I do not doubt at all, considering the conversations I have had with local GOP workers and local campaign heads, that the GOP will do what is necessary to ensure we elect the person that will go on to be the nominee. In the past, the GOP caucus has been way off the mark compared to Iowa Democrat caucuses.

edit on 3-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join