It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIVE Iowa Caucus Road To The Whitehouse Thread. CSPAN and Other Live Streams!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is my friend in Iowa who has been waiting outside his caucus site since noon today. Says he has had hundreds of cars honking at his sign. I hope he's not exaggerating !

He will be giving a speech at his precinct tonite, but says he's already starting to lose his voice....lol.

Win Ron Win!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by freedom12

Well if it is perfectly within the rules...then I'm all for it.

Romney and Santorum may work together than to take away wins from Paul.

Also, people should remember that the number of precincts that are won aren't the biggest deal...it's how many counties are won....and further how many counties in each congressional district that are won.

Word is, the "evangelical" voters(as MSM calls them) will be trying to get Bachmann's voters to join a fellow "evangelical" candidate Santorum voters so as note to split that vote.

LOL...Just saw Branstad(Iowa govenor who said if Paul wins, focus on who comes in 2nd) just wrote down his prediction , sealed it in a envelope for CNN to "exclusively" open it up later in the night.

Wow, this coverage is just becoming sillier by the minute!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Did anyone notice that the White House correspondant on CNN mentioned Mitt Romney as the establishment candidate? Not sure if that's often said, just thought I'd make a note of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
BBC 2 Newsnight just ran a 12 minute piece on the caucus. Ron Paul got one mention - nothing about his leading position in the polls or grass-roots financing of his campaign. Just a couple of sentences, the second being, "Ron Paul will not win the presidency".

The BBC can report the collapse of a high rise building 20 minutes early, so it's no surprise the presidential election is a foregone conclusion to them.

Originally posted by mossme89
Did anyone notice that the White House correspondant on CNN mentioned Mitt Romney as the establishment candidate? Not sure if that's often said, just thought I'd make a note of it.

Yes, I've heard that several times. Funny thing is, it's pronounced as a form of endorsement without irony or apology.
edit on 3-1-2012 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilAxis

Lucky i was sitting down this morning while reading the Daily Telegraph in Sydney or i would have fallen over because there was a full page picture of Ron Paul and the article outlined all his policies,it was a bit weird to see to tell you the truth

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas
Here is a county by county detail map of vote counts and precincts reporting.

I don't know if it updates on it's own through the night.

caucuses.desmoinesregister.com...

edit on 3-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

I was looking at that link earler on another site however now it wont open for me could that be because of increasing traffic perhaps

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Yes , I did . I also Remember a time when the Term " Establishment " was not Well Thought of in the Minds of Many Young Americans.........

edit on 3-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

That's good to hear. The Telegraph was the first British paper I'm aware of which gave any coverage to RP, on 18th December, albeit in Toby Harden's poison-laden editorial. "Plotting...cult-like...crank...bizarre...anti-war tirades": all squeezed into the first two sentences.

More encouraging (but not surprising) to scan the readers' comments which follow. 99.9% pro-Paul. We ain't buying this crap no more.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 3-1-2012 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
im watching the cnn countdown. Iowa gov predicts Romney to win. They even had a silly letter opening with drum rolls to announce it. I want to see the look on their faces when Paul wins tonight.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
C-Span is actually giving Ron Paul a fair shake! Check out this video. I like it! All they do is take calls, ask people for their opinion and they DON'T offer their own. Love it! This is what news SHOULD be!!!

Here's a video of Canadians driving down for 15 hours from Canada to shake Ron Paul's Hand:

edit on 3-1-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I don't know why they would open the governor's prediction letter BEFORE the caucus starts...

Oh ...yes I do...more MSM influencing.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
im watching the cnn countdown. Iowa gov predicts Romney to win. They even had a silly letter opening with drum rolls to announce it. I want to see the look on their faces when Paul wins tonight.

Prediction markets have Romney winning as well.

www.intrade.com...
Mitt Romney - 42.1% chance of winning
Rick Santorum - 29.8% chance of winning
Ron Paul - 27.8% chance of winning
Newt Gingrich - 0.6% chance of winning
Rick Perry - 0.2% chance of winning
All the other candidates have a 0.1% chance of winning.

This isn't predicting 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc....just their chance of winning 1st place in Iowa.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've been watching the CNN tweetstream for a bit -- not a single mention of Huntsman, who's actually still in the race but chose not to participate in the Iowa caucus. I wonder if the caucus will actually eliminate any names, given that there's no deligates going to anyone at this time -- just placement on the ballon (the actual primary is, I think, in August).

And after the fuss, the candidates aren't going to hang around. Rick Perry (according to a tweet on CNN) has his "plane warmed up" for the next stop.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As a foreign watcher:

I just did see a BANKER Millionaire supporting Mitt Romney, given the job as the NEUTRAL precinct head for a small town.

Well it's a lousy job, but somebody got the do it...

As the other interviews... To me it has a smell of public relations, this is mind manipulation in a way seeds are planted, but in a way you can not accuse them.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

More reliable than an online poll that was spammed to skew the results.
I still think the Evangelical vote will unite under someone other than Ron Paul, making it impossible for Ron Paul to take first place.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Praetorius

I don't know the rules and regulations of the party, but I wonder... does the party have the option to deny the nomination to the candidate who wins their primary? Are they legally bound to put the winning candidate forward? I don't think they are. I think it's up to their discretion.

Thing is, if they don't, the party loses the support of its registered party members.

In any case, the Republican Party is NOT obligated to support whoever wins tonight. Remember this is just a caucus to see who gets on the primary ballot. It's not the primary. But there has been SO much fuss over this that people are assuming it's a primary.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

More reliable than an online poll that was spammed to skew the results.
I still think the Evangelical vote will unite under someone other than Ron Paul, making it impossible for Ron Paul to take first place.

I've read that Santorum has their support, and he certainly has risen in the polls lately. I'm not sure how likely they are to vote, but I have read that the state has a large number of Evangelicals and that really could be a decisive point now.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I hope those "ground forces" are able to report fair, because I smell Banksters all over Mitt Romney.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Since I don't know if anyone's posted this (I know some here don't like CNN), I wil link CNN's blog plus tweets -- Ron Paul fans will be pleased to note they've mentioned him many times. Lots of webcam and photo links. Perry and Paul seem to have a strong presence.

Bachmann fans will be disappointed at the low coverage on her

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join