It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ is the son of the one and only God, our creator.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
reply to post by yourboycal2

If Jesus christ is the son of God ,

Why do so many christians call out to jesus instead of to god ?

Because no one comes through the father unless they come through the son first. This is the way god wants it to be.

Wouldn't you worship god over his son ? I worship both but I speak to Jesus. God is to holy for me to attempt to speak to him directly, because I am buried in sin sometimes.

Jesus gets far more attention then god does. Why? Because he was a human, therefore known. God is unknown yet spoke through him.

Why do some even confuse jesus as god ? jesus is God.

luke 19:27 = not your friend. nor gods son.

Hebrews 1 1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high: 4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 5For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. 7And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. 8But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 9Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Jesus is the express image of God, and even God Himself called Jesus, God, because they are the same, they are three persons in One, they are distinct, separate individuals but in perfect union with each other. No angel received this honor because they are not part of God.

But then you also have

"19 God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill? numbers 23

(2 Samuel 22:32-34 NIV) For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God? [33] It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. [34] He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.

Why not say i arm my self because i am god?

Tricks?

(Psalms 54:4 NIV) Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.

lol?

* Matthew 4:10: "Jesus said to him,'Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."'"

If i was god , i would be like are you kidding me Satan? Do you know who i am ? DO you know what i can do to you ? Why did you even try ? Did you forget who i was ? I'll trip your eyes out through your back , by blinking?

How dare you even think you were a challenge for me , Do you know what god means? Do you know the power i carry ? Did i not create you creation....

you get the point :p

"* John 17:3: "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.""

You know what i would say here? well im sure you know what i would say ....

* Mark 13:32:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

What the distinction?

"* John 14:28: "You heard me say,'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

he is greater, he created you foo..

"* John 20:17: "Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

what bi-polar?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Yes but being god im sure he knows where bible will end up atleast no ? Or he doesnt even that that control. ? Think about it , if you were god , you KNOW your inspired books are going to be collected and its purpose is for the masses.Now it is distrbuted on the masses

Consider the possibility that his creation is perfect... and thus God has no need to intervien in human affairs.

Scripture was created for control over the populous... Many used the idea of God to control the masses.

Well we are talking about the god of the bible, if all the bible copies were destroyed and the information was lost forever. There wouldn't even be a christianity today ?

Perhaps... the world would probably be a better place honestly.

So if were dealing with god of the bible , and the information was destroyed the day it was created. We would what? find another religion with scripture lol.

Likely...

Thats cool but got allows it to be tainted? If some of the verses you believe to be true no?

Sure...

that means you have to search to find truth... in searching for truth you show God you want a relationship with him...

Yes but we get the jesus into from the , few books. if these books are tainted which we know,

i have no choice but to dismiss the whole thing as tainted, comprimised and security breach.

And of course you are welcome to do so....

Secondly jesus was made from a mother , and pops was the divine.

adam , was pure divine creation. Why is he not more the son of god then jesus? When jesus got half a miracle less.

I believe the story of Adam and even is exactly that.... a story.

Im trying to understand how you havn't dismissed the bible as hearsay , I do not believe god , would allow such a book with his inspiration in only parts of it surrounded by some broken logic

But you don't believe in God, so why would you assume a non existant entity would do anything?

This is something if god exists , then satan would do ?

Satan is materialism... the guy with the pitchfork is a myth.

Help me understand why you would accept something , where in any other case you would throw out .

I understand Jesus was the son of God... And i believe that within his words anyone can see that fact if you look.

Yea but surley you look back and see all that surrounds it , and go something is just not right?

All the time... Which is why i said there are errors within the bible.

But our whole problem arises from where we get the information about jesus?

If i had a time machine and took you back in time , and we saw who jesus really was , would you come back and tell everyone else the hearsay in the bible?

You would believe it , but hardcore christians won't believe you untill they take that same journey back in time.

You will be frustrated as to how they can even consider the bible with any merit.

If that was possible... Jesus would be the first person i went to see...

And i honestly believe that nothing would change... though i could be wrong.

love? doesn't cut it anymore.

Oh but it does... always has, and always will...

Jesus fed how many which a request, healed the blind , and some other crazy things you don't just don't do.

But i am not Jesus either....

he says just believe with a mustard seed of what?

Faith...

A mustard seed is one of the smallest seeds in all of nature, and yet it grows into a mighty bush....

why does his prayers work literal but yours metaphorically ?

How do you see this as justice and fairnesss?

If the prayers arent literal why pray at all asking for things?

I do not ask for things when and if i pray... i do ask for understanding of all things though...

I prefer to meditate rather then pray...

Now if you were god , would you not be pissed people talking jesus this jesus that? WHen really god is the head hancho?

When your at work do you kiss your boss read end , or your fellow employees more?

Jesus was not God... And i do not worship him...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Originally posted by jmdewey60

but if they can do it , why can't the averge joe with some really strong belief! if its possible to raise dead , give sight to the blindess, then what v.i.p access do you need to tap into this ? when bible makes hints at moving mountains , drinking poison you'll be fine lol

We do move mountains. Even celebrities like Montel Williams believe that and tell you so. But as far as the drinking poison goes, my great-grandmother in Kentucky was one of those crazy people who handled snakes and drank strychnine. She never died from either.

But that is not my expression of faith, I don't have to prove my faith in that way but I still have faith. And who are we to say that another person's expression of faith is wrong, if their motives are in the right manner? I have seen in my lifetime people healed, my brother was healed of spinal meningitis as a young boy. He was to have an operation in which the doctors said he would be a vegetable from. My parents realized how serious it was and had the pastor come and pray for him, my brother not only was healed that night and did not have to go through surgery, he grew up to just recently retire from the Navy as a Lieutenant. I know what prayer is.

I have also seen in my lifetime prayers that were not answered, and it was not because God was not listening and not playing fair, it had to be accepted that it was the way it was. That does not mean we should stop praying. We always pray with the expectation the answer will come, but we do not see always the way it is, is the way it is.

If I had my choice, I would be healed from Multiple Sclerosis and be able to walk my dog without the need of a wheelchair, but I have to keep believing that I will be healed. Just because it has not happened yet, does not mean it will not. So ease up on God, because you don't have the wisdom God has. Not one of us does.

We are here on this giant rock flying through space 66,000 kmh a wise man once said with nobody in charge.

Now if there is a god , i would like to find whom he is , and how he wants it worshipped.

I can't go on just blind faith and hope i chose the right one , i don't know how you can , nor anyone who spreads messege of there god , but can't do simple tasks with there prayers.

we gotta work together , find this god chap if he exists , and find out how he wants it done.

there is no way he is in that bible , nor a human being like jesus .

i don't think the creater of this magnificant universe would be so careless and let allt he corruption in his inspired books reach the masses.

then have the audacity to send us to hell cause we didn't "get it"

gimme a break. The game was rigged to start with .

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paleorchid13
reply to post by Akragon

It's an argument that will NEVER be settled.. Quite a horrible argument, as it's playing cloud pictures in the sky.
I agree to disagree . However it's hard to go about without some person telling be what an awful horrible person I am , to be condemned to an eternal horrible pit if I don't bow down and believe in something I simply don't believe in.
The church uses all kinds of tactics ...fear ...dread....guilt....I think it's nonsense and quite silly.
People have this notion that If I simply see it this way or that ..I'll believe what they believe...they really just don't get it. I don't believe that and I never will....we don't see eye to eye but I'm tired of living in a reality where such nonsense is always shoved down my throat. I go grocery shopping ..or to the drug store .. and these crazy bible stories ...from a statistical point of view ...most of the world is religious , and it hasn't helped anyone. We murder and we kill and are just as selfish ..the only difference is , some people use their religion to justify the horrible things they do. GOD is not great my friend...IT just is ..it doesn't reward ..it doesn't punish ..IT just is ..and we make our own destiny.

i am not a part of any church.

But believe whatever you like my friend...

And i will do the same

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hey im the son of god too!.. maybe its not so much as to Jesus being the son of god
but MAN being the son of god.. maybe jesus is just a generic version of man and thats why there are religions that call for us to follow in the footsteps of christ. to help one another and love human beings for being human just like you. but idk i dont believe in any specific religions but i DO believe in God. and if jesus was real then he will forgive me for thinking he just might not be real since ive never met the guy nor has anyone else that i know. God is the creator. he lives through us cause we are his creation.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawlz0rz

I know two people who have met Jesus, one is my brother and one is a cousin, so to speak, by marriage.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Proof or it didn't happen...

If you are so sure-then why are you posting it on a conspiracy web site? Seems like you are majorly affected by the real world, so keep convincing yourself otherwise. Until then I will keep picking up all you tails-up pennies, eating what I want on Friday, and having fun.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
We have "Jesus Christs" today. Please do not dilute yourself. At this point in "LIFE", we have gotten here without Jesus's help. The dinosaurs lived, the trees lived, the cavemen lived. There was no God to save you. There was food around you, and warm surroundings nearby, and we being highly evolved, adapted. Why would a God put us on a planet that we have to adapt to? Is this how a God works? There is proof of anyone having any knowledge of said God, or any God? A God that would make us adapt to a planet, and then, tell us that one of us is actually his son, but the rest of us are just his creation, only Jesus Christ is some strange spirit in a body that is any different. I hate this word, but Sheeple, there is a reason we envision a heaven of sorts. It is because we have been on this prolonged journey of being miserable. Not all of us, and not some of us. A grand mixed crowd of us. But, we have seen what we can be built to do. Science is directing us towards this heaven we can achieve. Ants, trillions in numbers can coordinate extraordinary things and support all its members. Humans, being so evolved, should be able to easy secure everything and everyone. We can do this, not the people of America, or the people of Mars, or the people in South Africa, but we, humans, a species, should be able to coordinate ourselves to utilize everything to max capacity with more than enough of anything for everyone. I don't know what happened, except for maybe that, along the way, we became too evolved. We could depend on ourselves. We deviated from the system, the system of evolution. We have become something of our choosing. I do not believe in this human race anymore, but I believe whatever makes evolution work, whatever makes life work, whatever created the electrons and all the gases and everything, I hope it has a plan, I hope it can fix any situation that we can create, or that can even exist. This is my "God", the hope that, life is correct, we are uneducated, and somewhere something, knows what it is doing, and what the process of life is advancing towards. Relax, be a human, be a HUMAN, like a dog acts like a dog, act like humans. Please.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thinking and typing..

Duality / Opposite Poles;
plus - right
minus - wrong

Convergence of duality;
Static / Balance / Zen

Zen:
God?

Son of God:
You Awakened?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'll bite...

Yeah...I have a question Op. There lived a famous man in the last century who followed the interpretations of the Bible religiously without fail, to the best of his being. It was said he had the book memorized, and could quote scripture with the best of missionaries, who he would invite into his basement work space and debate for hours with. He particularly enjoyed the story of Abraham and his unflinching faith in God. Being a single father, he dutifully raised his 6 children by working several jobs at a time. He was old. He was a painter, and most people thought the world of him, including the Budd family.

Tell me, if you accept Jesus Christ the way the late Hamilton Fish did, will you still go to heaven?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
So you're telling me that I can live an entirely selfless life, devoted to charity, truth, love and free from sin and I'm not going to be invited into heaven just because I don't believe in Jesus?

Tell me then, what does that say about your God?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthCqer

You, like many other of the religious tend to contradict exactly what you are trying to spread.

Going around to people telling that unless they believe what you believe they won't be aware/saved.

thou shalt not judge thee!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I am able to sleep at night by trusting God to protect me from all evil.

I understand that by increasing my faith evil comes my way more directly.

I understand that by losing my faith I am more vulnerable to death, without savior.

By increasing my faith I can also gain Gods favor and I will indeed receive antyhing I ask for.
edit on 2-1-2012 by TheTruthCqer because: (no reason given)

Wow...sounds a bit selfish!

You are tied into a life of bondage that should've died out about 500 years ago.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
So you're telling me that I can live an entirely selfless life, devoted to charity, truth, love and free from sin and I'm not going to be invited into heaven just because I don't believe in Jesus?

Tell me then, what does that say about your God?

NO you must believe exactly what i tell you to!

And if you don't you'll burn forever in hell!

sounds like something a child would say!

But yea, i can't stand these "1 path to god" people.

They get their kicks out of trying to make others feel inferior.

Jesus would be ashamed

he was trying to teach us that we are ALL children of god, and that we all can attain what he did.

And that doesn't involve telling people they aren't living the "right way" because they don't believe in you religion.

Instead of letting your faith bring you together with people, you use it to divide yourself from others. And sadly, that's how it is all over the world.

I don't think people who believe in Jesus and God and the Bible are going to burn in hell because they don't subscribe to my beliefs..know why? Because i believe if you spend your life doing good things, being good to people, and truly bettering yourself you will make it out the other side

There are many paths to god, what i'm seeing here isn't one of them.
edit on 3-1-2012 by dannotz because: add

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I am not from any church, but I do attend church on sundays.

What is it you expect to gain by revealing this truth, that is pretty much hounded into everyone on a daily basis to the point of sheer arrogance?

A halo?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuned Agent

Tell me, if you accept Jesus Christ the way the late Hamilton Fish did, will you still go to heaven?
He seemed unrepentant to the end, so I would say, no to that.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
if jesus was his son then so am i, he was just a man

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
if jesus was his son then so am i, he was just a man

You are right.

"Son of God" was a common phrase used by the Jews to describe themselves. But it was something which when written in Greek, was understood by the gentiles literally, thus making Jesus the LITERAL son of God.

Which he never claimed to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Originally posted by jmdewey60

we gotta work together , find this god chap if he exists , and find out how he wants it done.

there is no way he is in that bible , nor a human being like jesus .

i don't think the creater of this magnificant universe would be so careless and let allt he corruption in his inspired books reach the masses.

then have the audacity to send us to hell cause we didn't "get it"

gimme a break. The game was rigged to start with .

Since the world began, the search for the Divine has been part of the human experience. You experience it yourself, but you want to do it on your terms. There are great men in the Bible, both good and evil, who have asked the same question.."Who is God?" And some men called themselves god and made people worship them. The Pharaohs of Egypt and the Roman Emperors defined the deity as themselves as god and forced their subjects to bow down to them and accept them as god, not just representatives of god.

The Chinese set about to discover God, Confucius decided God was not good enough and hid the ancient texts of God in his wall, removing from the Chinese their right to seek this God. Confucius still believed in the Divine, and all his teachings were about the Divine Order, but without the necessary help from God.

Guatama Buddha saw suffering, but without using his own power as a prince to change what he could have, walked away from the Divine by saying we become Divine, but without the help of the Divine.

Karl Marx and Frederick Engles said there is no God, and their idea of Socialism was embraced by Communists and the idea "there is no God" was forced on people, many who died while under that idea. People continually accuse God of genocide, failing to see the genocide by those who do not believe in God. The Killing Fields of the Khmer Rouge was not a fairy tale, look at it, see what comes about when people refuse God.

Yes, evil men did kill others to force them to worship God, but God has said that is not what He approves of or wishes to be done in His name, and those people have believed themselves to be God.

The message of Jesus has never been "kill thy neighbor". All these people who have committed genocide, did it in the name of something because they believed themselves to be Divine or Divinely Inspired, and wanted people to worship them. The Bible contains instruction to kings and princes, how they are to treat their subjects with kindness and mercy and not in drunkenness. It is when those kings and priests decide they are gods, they turn into murderous thieves.

Jesus never killed any person, Jesus never forced people to worship Him, Jesus weeps over unbelief, because Jesus is the Resurrection and the life. All those messages about hell were given to specific people, those people who claimed a belief and walked not in the ways that were Divinely Inspired. Even when Peter cut the ear off the Roman soldier who had come to arrest Him, Jesus put the man's ear back on him and then rebuked Peter. This is not how Jesus wants His followers to be.

The Church in the Middle-Ages was full of men who denied the teachings of Jesus by calling the church god and making themselves god and thought they could kill others. Yet, Jesus never approved it or endorsed it. But through it all, there were Christians who said it was wrong, and those Christians were killed at the stake as well.

In every ancient text, there are prophecies of the coming Redeemer, when Jesus came and a few believed Him, those people never went out to kill people in His name, but were persecuted by others who did not want Jesus to fulfill any prophecy. They believed themselves to be god and the next 2,000 years, genocide was committed in the concept that no one else is divine but they.

Jesus is the very God of peace, but those people who murder in His name, will be judged by Him because they continue to this day to walk according to their own conceits.
edit on 1/3/2012 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthCqer

any questions?

I have a question. there is a religious section on this forum. There is also a rule set in the T&C about recruiting and such.

Why is it that people post stuff like your OP, continually? I mean, you are posting in a section full of fellow believers, so who are you trying to convince? People complain when those of us with different beliefs decide to comment in these threads, but your thread title can only be pointed towards people like me, not subscribers to your chosen religion.

So, what is it exactly that you want? Do you want to recruit all of us to your "cause" because you need to stop. It's not going to work of course, and it's against the T&C.

What makes your creator the one and only? That's quite egotistical in my opinion.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join