It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum Named "Most Corrupt" Senator by Watchdog Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) issued a report in 2006 The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch)."

Santorum was one of only three senators named in the report.

Report found here:

www.citizensforethics.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Ok , thats great..........but for what reason was he on the list?

Anyone can make a list, its even easier if you dont have anything to back up your claims

The website stating their "transgressions" doesnt seem to be working
edit on 2-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Two members have been removed from last year’s list of 13. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA) is now serving an eight-year jail term for bribery and Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) has agreed to plead guilty to crimes that will likely result in a minimum two-year prison term.

Thanks for the giggle!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Question is, who funds Citizens for Ethics?

These kinds of groups spring up quite a bit and are often funded by the supporters of a rival candidate, I'm not saying this is the case.. I'm not a fan of Santorum, I'm just saying that you should all be critical thinkers and not absorb everything you read without doing some background investigation ..

Usually goes like this.. I'm a corporation, I know that candidate A will do things I want him to do that will help my business, my lobbyists will succeed there, but Candidate B won't ... so I'm going to fund an organization called Citizens for All Things Awesome and we'll conduct a study that makes Candidate B look bad.

Edit:

I tried looking up who owns the domain name but they have a private registration, their about us makes them seem legit and they HAVE apparently been around for a number of years.. so they may very well be reputable =) .. I don't really know ..

edit on 1/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The link works fine for me but who would vote for this guy anyway? What a creep!

If he isn't elected, he has a future on the 700 Club. They always need fresh "annoying twit" blood there, don't they?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Weak hit piece.

CREW is funded in part by individuals who are members of the Democracy Alliance.

WIKI

Democracy Alliance was founded by former Clinton Treasury official Rob Stein, Erica Payne and various donors in 2005.

and

"At least 80 wealthy liberals have pledged to contribute $1 million or more apiece to fund a network of think tanks and advocacy groups to compete with the potent conservative infrastructure built up over the past three decades," The Washington Post reported in August, 2005.

and

"Members of the Democracy Alliance include billionaires like George Soros and his son Jonathan Soros, former Rockefeller Family Fund president Anne Bartley, San Francisco Bay Area donors Susie Tompkins Buell and Mark Buell, Hollywood director Rob Reiner, Taco Bell heir Rob McKay ... as well as New York financiers like Steven Gluckstern."

LINKY

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by zzombie

Ok , thats great..........but for what reason was he on the list?

Anyone can make a list, its even easier if you dont have anything to back up your claims

The website stating their "transgressions" doesnt seem to be working
edit on 2-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

I clicked on it and it was a story about the CREW report which you can download as a PDF from the CREW website and get every single answer to your questions.

You were hoping someone might come along and hand them to you, right? I mean you have to click 3 links afterall.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Question is, who funds Citizens for Ethics?

These kinds of groups spring up quite a bit and are often funded by the supporters of a rival candidate, I'm not saying this is the case.. I'm not a fan of Santorum, I'm just saying that you should all be critical thinkers and not absorb everything you read without doing some background investigation ..

Please take off your partisan glasses. What rival do you think is funding it since it covers EVERY SINGLE member regardless of party. How does that even make sense? Did you read the report?

This is not an opinion hit piece. This is a compilation of violations on record committed by people we pay a lot of money to do good things for us.

Are people just looking to defend Santorum this much that they refuse to look at the facts. A congressman gets arrested, it is a fact and on record. Making a list of times that sort of thing happens is still factual and cannot be skewed no matter who pays for it

Maybe you can explain to me how a corporation can make police records appear or dissapear?

Usually goes like this.. I'm a corporation, I know that candidate A will do things I want him to do that will help my business, my lobbyists will succeed there, but Candidate B won't ... so I'm going to fund an organization called Citizens for All Things Awesome and we'll conduct a study that makes Candidate B look bad.

But this did not go anything like that and anyone that read the report would see that.

Edit:

I tried looking up who owns the domain name but they have a private registration, their about us makes them seem legit and they HAVE apparently been around for a number of years.. so they may very well be reputable =) .. I don't really know ..

edit on 1/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

You are worried about the domain name when the violations listed are recorded facts you actually can look up.

You guys crack me up.
What do you suppose might happen if you get the domain owner? If it turns out they work for some nefarious billionaire, how exactly does he alter the FACTUAL LIST OF VIOLATIONS?

just something I wonder.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I can remember when he knocked on ours and our neighbors doors. And I said to my husband, just give it a few years, he will change. He did, and even more than I anticipated. I despise him now.

new topics

top topics

join