It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please look at this...what's up with this light at Fukushima ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I've seen it during the day and it is not visible....but there is a "blur line" which looks like it's there on purpose to obscure the view....it goes directly across the area
The sun comes up at 3pm (central U.S. time) so I'll try to record it then to show you what I mean. The wind....not sure...because when I first started watching it was always a staedy light...circular. Over time, it got brighter, and has just recently started acting eratic like that. I thought maybe welding too, but this morning it was really weird. It would flash very rapidly, then grow very large and bright. Over the past few months it just seems to be getting bigger and brighter and the flashing wasn't going on like that. It could be something normal, but from watching it for quite a while, it's acting different.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

good thought and this could be the explanation BUT if I were to work there, and the light would flicker like this, the first thing I would do is fix it. Because with moving shadows at night, its a mess to work.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Yes, it's always the same (near reactor #4 I think. During the day, they put up a blurry line which goes straight across the screen over that exact area so you really can't make it out.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

The only thing about welding is that the light has been there for a while, but started out much smaller and steady...over time, it has gotten brighter and bigger , and now does that flashing. The other thing is, if you watch the beam of light coming from the top going into the air, it looks like it is spewing something into the air (of course it could be an optical illusion). I just wanted others to check it out because it was freaking me out a little....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I need to mention something here that you may not have noticed, the lights seems to be reflecting off the cam and onto the wall which shows a different picture altogether!! can anyone enhance this?

The building on the left on the shaded wall. Do you see it?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I have some more video I'll upload....I wonder what's up with the link? It works fine for me...let me see if I can find another cam...BRB

ETA: Is anyone able to get to it on the second link I posted? I'm working on it...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

That's what I mean...it's just odd....the reflection on the building is a big yellow disc....the sun doesn't come up for 3 more hours there.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Trouble is that the shaddow cast by the light on nearby objects is not changing in intensity so I would definately go with lens interaction with the light. As this is the only place the changing of intensity is happening.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

If you can somehow enhance the image that is reflected on the wall that would be good because the light is too bright to see anything, whereas the image on the wall seem really odd, at one point it seemed like bubbles.
You are looking at the building with a shaded side and the other wall lit?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Look at the wall in the shaded area, it acts in sync with the light.
second

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Are you thinking we are seeing a hole in the side of the reactor itself...as it goes more critical?
Or is there some lessor but serious outcome you contemplate?
Just asking.................
My thoughts were a sodium vapour light on a swaying piece of gear as well.......perhaps a crane boom or other device which needs a mast light of some type????

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

Hello StealthyKat,

I have looked at it for a while and I would like to see a daytime shot of what we are looking at.

Reason being that I think it's a light on a wire and the wind is the culprit here.

Screenshot:

Notice the bushes (trees maybe) in the red oval and watch them move with the wind as the light is dimming on and off.

I could be wrong but this is what I think it is.

S&F.

edit on 2-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

edit on 2-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: grammar part deux

The problem with this theory is the direct line from cam to light is i would say equal to the angle from cam to reflection on the wall?
i might be wrong too though.

Ideally it would be nice to have a zoomed in image of the wall as it seems we may get a clearer pic than looking directly into the light.
Also daytime image possibly?
edit on 2-1-2012 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I currently try to figure out where the webcam is located so we can look where the light is. But now I have get some meat for cooking. Maybe later on, after dinner.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lee78

I need to mention something here that you may not have noticed, the lights seems to be reflecting off the cam and onto the wall which shows a different picture altogether!! can anyone enhance this?

The building on the left on the shaded wall. Do you see it?

I tried to enhance it but the result isn't good enough to make out anything of it. Again...we'd need more info. If the webcam is mounted on a wall that has any reflective covering, then it would make the light reflect on that wall as well, I would also guess that it's a window it's reflecting on. But all I can do is guess..

Not much info...
edit on 2-1-2012 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just captured this video of it going crazy....I HOPE it's the wind!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Yes....the building on the left...on the front wall is a bright yellow light reflection, and on the left wall, a bluish/purple small reflection....which is the one you are referring to I think? I don't know how to enhance it....but I can send it to anyone who does.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I can't see it either. Chrome, FF and IE. Thanks for the upload, it is definatly interesting.

You might well be the plank owner of a new conspiracy.

edit on 2-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am going to add in that

1. It is snowing there now.

2. The lights flare up indicating a controlled action

3. There is visible moisture on the camera lens which is distorting the picture.

4. The cam is most logically very cheap(low pixel) and the light distortion is due in part to this.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Hi Stirling....I honestly don't know, which is why I wanted other's opinion. I just know it's different....and there was some talk of that reactor (#4) having serious problems.....it just doesn't look like welding to me. I'm surely not trying to say it's doom or anything, as there could be a perfectly normal explanation. But it just strikes me as odd. Especially since during the day, they run that blurry banner across that exact area so you can't make anything out. I HOPE someone can prove it's nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

Thanks for that....I am listening to all replies...just want to know what's causing it

edit on 1/2/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join