It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important Message for Humanity! - Terrence Mckenna: TimeWave Zero & 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by veritaslibertas
To the people who can't understand what he is saying you should do more research. There is a lot of information out there not even connected with him and his theory but supports it. I had never watched or listened to this man or heard any of his theories. I guess you could say I've been fishing for other things but pulled up some of his ideas in my net without even knowing it.

Thanks for posting this!

I am really moved by yours and others posts. Thanks a lot for posting people.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Anyone wishing to watch more Terry, here is an excellent collection of over 600 videos:

deoxy.org...

I can definitely appreciate most people drawing a blank when they listen to this amazingly courageous, humorous and adventurous man. 5g of Silly Simon (that's code for something that rhymes!) is a tall order, but unless you've experience your sense of self dissolving into the abyss it's really not possible to get much of Terry's wisdom.

I hope this thread isn't closed down because the altered states connection ...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thi dude reminds me of Bruce Cathie NZ pilot and mathematician who has done a whole pile of UFO investigation and analysis with his own criterion.....
Bruce claims the antenna like device found on the ocean bottom by a survey ship, way below the depth that human engineering can survive, is part of an alien communications system spanning the globe......and has other theories too......
These smart but unitelligable dudes come along more regularly than the Michio Kakus do.....
He could have something right and still be way off.....TWZ has been seriously debunked in the past id thought.....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

How do you know that Mckenna is not a typical fraud?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm not trying to pour some cold water on this, I've watched a few videos now of Terence and it is obvious he is a very intelligent and humorous chap, not an often occurring combination. So far, I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says(outside of Time Wave Zero).
I have just come across a debunk video that points out a few anomolies with the theory. Just sharing for the purpose of debate.

edit on 2-1-2012 by Numpty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Bruce claims the antenna like device found on the ocean bottom by a survey ship, way below the depth that human engineering can survive

We put people down to the bottom of the deepest parts of the ocean decades ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Trieste is a Swiss-designed, Italian-built deep-diving research bathyscaphe ("deep boat") with a crew of two, which reached a record maximum depth of about 10,911 metres (35,797 ft), in the deepest known part of the Earth's oceans, the Challenger Deep, in the Mariana Trench near Guam, on 23 January 1960, crewed by Jacques Piccard (son of the boat's designer Auguste Piccard) and U.S. Navy Lieutenant Don Walsh achieving the goal of Project Nekton.

Where has Bruce been for the past 50 years?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

How do you know that Mckenna is not a typical fraud?

Is there anything that anyone knows as a certainty? What's the point of the question, really? Do you think he's a fraud and if so, why?

If you've been where Terry's been, you'd know (but not for sure!) there is the ring of truth in much of what he talks about.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

We already have the discovery of and thousands of years of research on time fractals. Its called astrology.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Is there anything that anyone knows as a certainty? What's the point of the question, really?

Back to philosophy 101 it seems.

The issue is knowing with some certainty whether or not something is correct. The failures of TWZ are obvious. It is a construction. It is constructed to match a date associated with the Mayan long count calendar. That is not chance, but a construction. It is not a fractal. To claim it is or that it supposes anything fractal is simply a lie.

If you've been where Terry's been, you'd know (but not for sure!) there is the ring of truth in much of what he talks about.

A ridiculous claim at best. I do not have to be that person to examine the claims and learn that this is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
His theory makes no sense, what the hell is he talking about when he says 4000+ years will be condensed into 65 years???
He then goes on to say America is like the Roman Empire??? This man is a nutcase.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

there are scores of timewave zero threads already clogging ATS

the only thing you need to know about TWZ and 2012 is that 2012 is a selected end point - not a calculated one

mckenna &co decided to MAKE it end in 2012

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
McKenna is a genius, although that term can be used lightly & I don't really think there's any way to put a label on his thought process. However truly an intellectual and free-thinker.

As for his Timewave theory I'm still on the edge; not taking it as fact but I'm open to the possibility. We'll have to see if human kind reaches that [technological] singularity by the end of this year. =] What an exciting notion.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

A valid question but one with a surprisingly simple answer.
Because of forum rules I will discuss hypothetical results from alcohol consumption only.
To appreciate McKenna begin with Huxley
Huxley noticed that people who consumed too much of a specific type of alcohol, let us say vodka, imagined that they saw pink elephants. Not purple dinosaurs, not green men from Mars but always 'literally' pink elephants.
Understanding that hallucinations are produced by the mind, these pink elephants must exist in the mind to begin with before they can be hallucinated.
Huxley wondered then how to explain the fact that the rice-growing Chinese peasant, the black Afrcan goat herder and the Finnish reindeer herder, when fed large quantities of vodka also saw pink elephants.
One would assume that raised in different environments and cultures their minds would contain different data resulting in different hallucinations but no matter the background of the vodka drinker the hallucinations were always pink elephants.
How would it be possible that anyone over-indulging in Japanese sake always saw crystal cities and red dragons no matter the cultural background of the drinker?
Huxley finally decided the only possible explanation was these 'hallucinations' had an objective reality and overindulging in certain types of alcohol merely changed the manner in which the mind took in information making it possible to observe these alternate but equally real realities.
How do you determine if this is all a fraud?
Try overindulging in vodka and/or sake.
There is quite a bit more evidence that the things experienced by these people have an objective independent existence but I'm not sure how much I am permitted to say without violating forum rules.
But think....
IF they are objectively real and
IF the inhabitants of these alternate realms are therefore objectively real
What can be learned from them? What has already been learned from them? Are there groups/societies actively interacting with these entities and exploiting what they learn?
Does it make more sense that the government would lock you up for years if you attempt to explore these alternate worlds because they wish to keep this knowledge secret or because they do not want you to take something that might damage your health, as though ten years in prison is good for your health.
Am I permitted to tell the story about Mescolito?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

One would assume that raised in different environments and cultures their minds would contain different data resulting in different hallucinations but no matter the background of the vodka drinker the hallucinations were always pink elephants.

I know of no one at all that has hallucinated a pink elephant.

en.wikipedia.org...

The first recorded use of the term is by Jack London in 1913

How do you determine if this is all a fraud?

Because you made it up. You made up the pink elephant story and probably all of the rest of it.

That puts you on the same level as Castenado who made up all of his stories too.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

Nice analogy, but it will probably fall flat on those who've never seen the pink elephant

No doubt they will quote wikipedia

BTW, you will probably get the thread closed if you leave the alcohol analogy for something a bit more appropo. ATS doesn't tolerate these conversations too well.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

there are scores of timewave zero threads already clogging ATS

the only thing you need to know about TWZ and 2012 is that 2012 is a selected end point - not a calculated one

mckenna &co decided to MAKE it end in 2012

That's the opposite of what McKenna states, so your statement declares he was deliberately lying. Do you have any sources to back up your assertion?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

A ridiculous claim at best. I do not have to be that person to examine the claims and learn that this is a hoax.

No, actually you do!

If you've never eaten an apple how would you know if I was telling the truth if I told you apples are sweet?

How about if 1,000 people told you apples were sweet, but you still didn't taste for yourself?

How about if 1,000 people say they are sweet and 1,000 say they are bitter - how will you know who is the hoaxer?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

of course i do :

the evidence is in my thread

alsio confirmed in other atricles by meyer , such as :

hear

to quote:

The formal mathematical component of Timewave Theory does not imply any particular date as the zero date

confirmation that the ` zero date ` is arbitrary - the article even addresses different zero dates

and again :

hear

to quote:

How he came to set the zero date is controversial for some, because initially he had a different one, though very close in time to it (I’ve seen mentioned both mid-November, and December 22, 2012), and that the date was later adjusted slightly to fit with the end date of the Mayan calendar. This does not take away from the underlying construct, and McKenna himself focused only on 12.21.2012.

the entire " logic " of the systen is backwards - 2012 was selected - then TWZ beaten till it " fitted "

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogerTThat's the opposite of what McKenna states,

if so - please cite what mckenna siad that refutes my position

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'll go back to a few videos and see if I can find the right one.
If my memory serves me correctly, McKenna claims that TWZ endpoint came out as 21.12.2012 before he had knowledge of the Mayan end date, but I might be misquoting.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, I have a v. high regard for Terry and have experienced some of the same things as him (before I heard him talk about it), so it matters to me if he is bending the facts to suit the audience.

I'll also check out your thread.

I'm not a TWZ advocate btw, in fact in all the stuff I've heard Terry talk about, this was least convincing as it has quite a bit more 'mental processing' than the other stuff which we can't talk about on ATS. However, since McKenna claims TWZ as the ONLY original idea he translated for us, I would be hypocritical not to take him seriously and investigate.

I d/l'd the TWZ program but as it is 16 bit and all my comps are now 64 bit I can't get it to install. (I've grabbed VMWare but haven't spent the time deciphering how to make this work yet!)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join