It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana To Use Unmanned Drones Against Wolves

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Read the other link that I put there, the whole thing is B.S......the drones arent military and they arent killing animals with them either.........

Also another factor is the fact that they "fail" to mention the fact that the wolves they reintroduced ARE NOT INDIGENOUS TO THE AREA..........

Are you guys reading the whole thread?

there is no point in debating people who wont even read the facts of whats actually going on........

Activist and sympathizers will believe what they want to , and ignore the facts completely.........

Im removing myself from this thread out of frustration of having to repeat myself over and over and over again when the information is there in the thread........

Again.......just because you like cuddly wolves, doesnt mean you know whats going on, and doesnt mean they are shooting them down with "rockets" from "military drones"

READ THE INFO AND LINKS IN THE THREAD

edit on 2-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Also another factor is the fact that they "fail" to mention the fact that the wolves they reintroduced ARE NOT INDIGENOUS TO THE AREA..........

This is a huge issue in general and one of the biggest concerns with wildlife reintroduction. They have reintroduced the wrong species to the wrong areas and it's creating a serious situation. If restoring balance was the objective, there has been a serious miscalculation. The Western states are all dealing with the ramifications and there seems no happy-medium to be found, at present.

It is also necessary to bear in mind that wolves are under endangered species protection in some areas, while not in others so Idaho's management plan will differ from Montana which will be different from Wyoming, which will be very different from Oregon.

ETA: On the topic of drones - These are manufactured in Montana, no? Seems the Senator is promoting Made in the USA.

edit on 2-1-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

LadySkadi......

THank you very much for being knowledgeable on the subject and being objective......

You "get it" , Im not sure why other people are so blind to the very points that youve made or that ive brought up..

Thank you for your insight

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Did you not stop to read one of the other posters links directly to what the drones actually were?

They are basically model airplanes with cameras...........theres nothing military about them.........

No, I didn't. Touche. Still creeped out though,
, sometimes I get excited and pre-reply before getting all of the info. Thanks

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by olliemc84

This is incredible. Not for the fact that they are killing wolves, but they are killing wolves with drones.

They are NOT killing wolves with drones...........read the article and the links.........

They are monitoring their movements with drones...............

Christ people............READ THE INFORMATION

You obviously didn't see my edit of my post when I said:

Regardless if they are model airplanes or RQ-170's, it is unsportsmanlike and unethical to use airborne devices to spot and scout wild game. What ever happened to the frontiersmen of old? Using a tool that we are all born with and is our greatest weapon.

There are many other ways to monitor movements of wolves. Trail cameras, park rangers, local hunters and hikers, radio tags, etc etc...

They are KILLING WOLVES with the assistance of UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES....i.e. drones.

edit on 2-1-2012 by olliemc84 because: spell check

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

All just a part of Agenda 21.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I know there's enough hunters in Montana to not need to spend millions of TAXED dollars on these UAV's (even if they say it does help the economy of the USA).

All they would have to do is announce "Free wolf tags" on any local radio stations, and the wolf population would quickly go down. There's enough people from Montana who want to hunt the wolves and mount them for display in their taxidermy collections (I even know of one person who has done this already, along with other wildlife they've hunted).

Not to mention the fact that UAV's isn't the fair way to do it. There's plenty of people with legal rifles, and bullets that they are willing to pay for.

I wonder if Senator Rehberg might be being paid off to allow this infrastructure to be set up? The other thing that begs an answer is once the wolf population has been decimated, then where does all this fancy UAV infrastructure go?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
i'm sorry but I believe equipment of that price shuld be used for something more worthwhile than as pest or varmint control.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

These packs have gone from hunting for food, to hunting and killing and not even eating the prey that they have taken down...they just leave the carcass there........Killing for sport is not natural wolf behavior

can you post a credible source for this.... I could easily say that i lived in Idaho and saw wolves hanging out at the local quicki mart and doing drive byes on the local elk population
edit on 3-1-2012 by jed001 because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join