It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge UFO Pyramid Incoming!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

One has to be accurate when quoting

PHAGE says "Venus"

-----------------------------------------------------
Actually he said:

I suspect that it is a lens flare type effect from Venus.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

What do you think it is Zorgon? Your opinion is just as needed as Phages.

I am not Zorgon...but I think I am going to want a bit more information.

I don't necessarily think that it is not light refraction...but if that is what it is...I would like to see a bit more about it and how it happened so it might be more easily identified later if this is the case.

If it is a phenomenon...then it is rare and documenting it would make me sleep better.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Personally find it very interesting. Starred and Flagged. We saw a diamond shaped UFO up close, the light covering it was high, odd structured. It appeared over the lake not a big lake, not too high, a few hundred feet up, and flew soundlessly right over the house, then disappeared behind the one cloud in the sky, just other side of the house and didn't exit.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

To be fair, Phage didn't say it IS Venus, he said he suspected it to be... and he could be right.. just because it doesn't line up perfectly doesn't mean it isn't.

He also mentioned trying to get access to the source images that these "difference" images are created from ( IE. Not the embossed images the video was produced from ) .. this would provide a much clearer view of what we're looking at.

I'm still placing my money on it being some sort of lens flare or artifact as opposed to an actual physical object =)

edit on 1/1/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Simply reminding Zorgon that he said

That ok with you?

I'm thinking it resembles the small crystal structure presented earlier in the thread myself.
edit on 1/1/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I promise you that I have plenty of respect for Phage's opinion here on ATS. And yes you are right, he said he is suspecting it, so I'm putting words into Phage's mouth. Sorry for that.

But ultimately Venus was his suspect and I have to say that I rather go with your version than the Venus explanation.

StringTh

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Simply reminding Zorgon that he said

That ok with you?

I'm thinking it resembles the small crystal structure presented earlier in the thread myself.
edit on 1/1/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

I'm more than Ok with that. Who am I to tell you what to say. Right?

And it could be crystal shaped, but impossible to say from 2D images.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

I don't necessarily think that it is not light refraction...but if that is what it is...I would like to see a bit more about it and how it happened so it might be more easily identified later if this is the case.

If it is a phenomenon...then it is rare and documenting it would make me sleep better.

Thanks for your 2-cents

When you say you'd like to see more? More of what? Of the actual footage?....or additional footage (over the course of a few days) to see if it showed up?

I'm just sorry the Tuber ruined this for me by opening his big mouth. If he just uploaded it and was objective then I would've been more open to possibilities.
But because he says it's a spaceship, I automatically want to refute and rebut what he says just on principle.
I know....not too scientific of me, huh?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity, you always seem so fair and balanced. You're constantly giving the benefit of doubt and you tend to keep a very open mind about these topics. I really do admire your decorum and undaunted objectivity. We should be so lucky to possess half your grace.

Thank you

edit on 1-1-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by StringTh
But ultimately Venus was his suspect and I have to say that I rather go with your version than the Venus explanation.
StringTh

I think Phage's idea and mine are complimentary to one another, it sounded to me that he was suggesting that Venus was the source of the light.. so light reflecting from Venus results in the flare effect on the right which in an embossed image would make a lens flare appear to have a physical shape when it's not actually a physical object at all ..

Only difference is I'm not suggesting the light generating the anomaly is Venus, I can't be sure of that.. I'm awaiting further images from Phage because I personally don't know all of the resources for obtaining this imagery.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

When you say you'd like to see more? More of what? Of the actual footage?....or additional footage (over the course of a few days) to see if it showed up?

See more was a poor choice of words...I mean know more about how this occurs.

Light refraction is a science...and from space even more so...and in a case like this...I would like to know more about how it was caused...I'll buy Venus if I have an explanation of how that affected the recording and the entering and exiting of light rays with affect to the lens.

But...I also have not dismissed that this might indeed be a crystal (of sorts) floating in front of the recording device for whatever reason and for a length of time...so in short I would like to know more about the purpose hypothosis of Venus and the refraction of light that it supposedly caused to the recording device!
edit on 1-1-2012 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Light refraction is a science...and from space even more so...and in a case like this...I would like to know more about how it was cause...I'll buy Venus if I have an explanation of how that affected the recording and the entering and exiting of light rays with affect to the lens

I'm not set on the idea it's Venus ( and I don't think Phage is either or he'd have spoken more definitively ) but the thing about embossed images and lens flares are that a lens flare will look like a physical object when you emboss it and that is precisely why this particular image/video can't be taken at face value.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
All i can say is WOW.

To me it looks more like a rhombus shape, no way does geometry like that come across in nature. It appears to be a grid-like structure, you can see "through" it.

I honestly don't know of anything flying around (satellite, man-made) in space that is a grid-structure in the shape of a rhombus.

Haven't read the other replies yet, nevertheless i'm intrigued to find out what this is.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Light refraction is a science...and from space even more so...and in a case like this...I would like to know more about how it was cause...I'll buy Venus if I have an explanation of how that affected the recording and the entering and exiting of light rays with affect to the lens

I'm not set on the idea it's Venus ( and I don't think Phage is either or he'd have spoken more definitively ) but the thing about embossed images and lens flares are that a lens flare will look like a physical object when you emboss it and that is precisely why this particular image/video can't be taken at face value.

I agree...so in a case such as this...I would think some more investigation would be okay (maybe even necessary) before we dismiss it as simply Venus.

I am as anxious as all that have been following this thread to have something concrete...so I am just being skeptical...because as of yet...I am not convinced.

That is just opinion of course.

I guess right now that is about all we have is opinions...so I am staying tuned for the moment!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

edit on 1-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Maybe... its something like this...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This link is VERY useful .. it shows the source images with lens flares and internal reflections ( I think the internal reflections are what causes this that we're seeing ) ..

It shows not only source images, but the embossed versions where you can clearly see a triangle shaped "object" .. this also mentions Venus =) ...

Artifacts and Reflections

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This shows the triangle in the embossed image: ( hi2 )

This shows the same approximate time using the alternate image: ( hi1 )

I see no object .. do you? ... I really believe we're dealing with internal reflections, light artifacts .. I think the links above make it pretty conclusive in my opinion.. we can see the same region within a minute or two with no object floating around.. what do you think?
edit on 1/1/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Its inconsistency suggests it's not a physical object, so I am inclined to agree with Phage about lens flare from Venus.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join