It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge UFO Pyramid Incoming!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've been looking around after reading the talk on lens flares, and came across diffraction spikes:
en.wikipedia.org...

Is it possible for the spikes to be inverted around a... "equator" line, if you will. Perhaps some kind of lens effect when a star reflects from the inside of the lens, due to another light source? I'm not a light/photo/telescope expert so my knowledge is very limited here.

Ex:

Photo of a typical star with diffraction spikes:

An edited version of the above photo with "inverted" diffraction spikes around the center of the star:

Nothing more than a thought that popped up, I know it's probably a long stretch...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

No, that is a good analysis. Stereo A&B are full of artifacts when imaging point source light. It was designed for solar work, so any anomalies shown from stars, planets etc.. are common and expected.
edit on 1-1-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Typically lens flare is spherical...but in this case it would be odd for it to be in a triangle form...but who knows?

The lens is round, the planets are round, how could an angular shape like that be a lens flare? In general few straight lines in nature. Round or ellipse would make more sense to me.
edit on 2-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

Couldn't be the Borg, they were canceled.
edit on 2-1-2012 by kawika because: afterthought

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by sealing
Ok .... WTF ?
I've listened to all arguments as to what this is.
At first I thought PauliGirl nailed it with an artifact explanation.
But then I went back and I looked again. I think it's an object .
It set itself too far apart to be a lens flare, IMO.

Did you see the two links I posted on page 7? .. I show you one image that is processed ( that shows this supposed object ) and another from a different camera aimed at the same space, at the same time.. that clearly shows no object .. I also posted another link that explains a phenomena called "internal light reflection" .. it really summed up what we're seeing for me..

Ok I did remember checking out your artifacts and reflection post on page 7 but must have
missed your following post with two external images. So in the first post the closest artifact
to what's being observed here is the second picture that shows a light flare triangle.
The triangle in your image has a curved bottom which leads me to think lens "whatever"too
The pyramid in the original (if not tampered with) really looks like an object to me.
In the 2nd post of yours on pg 7 I can see that the object/artifact/Venus (really?)
isn't there, but I'm not sure what that proves. That stereo B hi2 is an object enhancing
camera, maybe it's tough for the others to pick up? Please take no offense to this
I think you are a right smart down to earth person,
(obviously more down to earth than me because I see a giantPyramid haha)
I just am reporting what I see and what I find unique about this particular one.
And this one has struck me as different compared to all the crazy stuff
you see on YouTube with Stereo A/B as the subject.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I would say that there are prisms involved in the optics as well.
Don't know but it appears that way.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
As it's obviously not a physical object (transparency, inconsistency), whether it's lens flare, reflection, or some other light effect is kind of irrelevant.

It's not a "Huge UFO Pyramid Incoming!"

Fox you're so cynical. You crack me up. I agree but with a little less attitude.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Yup, could be.

Good idea.

Like so many things that get posted here, certainty and truth are elusive.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Just saw this on the sister site...kudos to user InTruth for posting this there:

Double triangle, pyramid looking craft (?)

It is massive and heading our way - notice the trademark NAZA censorship with the ever so convenient blank screens...

Heads up!

not to sound that stupid but what is the sister site of ATS?????? If u wouldn't mind filling me in??

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by kawika

I just read the tech paper on the cameras. At least I tried to read it.
www.sstd.rl.ac.uk...
Most of it is too deep for me, but basically the cameras have no shutters and work through baffles so they don't take in direct sunlight. No prisms that I saw.

The lens systems are potential contributors to stray-light contamination, both as a
result of ghosts produced by multiple reflections from the optical surfaces and
also reflections from the internal surfaces of the lens barrels...........

In the case of HI-2, the effectiveness of the AR coatings is limited by the large
spectral range and the wide range of incidence angles. Consequently, the optics
design was specifically optimised to spread the ghosts into larger regions at the
focal plane. By doing so, the ghosting effects from bright objects within the fieldof-
view contribute to the overall diffuse background, rather than generating
multiple images with spacing dependent on position in the field-of-view.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cannon

... and isn't cross posting from other commercial sites against the rules?

Far better to link to the other site so attribution is fairly recognized.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Just saw this on the sister site...kudos to user InTruth for posting this there:

Double triangle, pyramid looking craft (?)

It is massive and heading our way - notice the trademark NAZA censorship with the ever so convenient blank screens...

Heads up!

It's a 4 sided pyramid!!! The thick line in the very middle is vertical. It's like when u look at one of them optical illusion paintings.... Just stare a little longer and you will see that it is a 3 dimensional object on 2 dimensional screen. Pretty cool find!!!!! I'll ask some of my friends what they think and get back to u guys....
Great job my friend!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
2007 STEREO A & B HI2 OPTICS - Earth, Moon, Comet & Milky Way

Starring Comet McNaught (C/2006 P1), Earth-Moon, planets, the milky way galaxy plane and a few comet-grazers local to our solar neighbourhood.

Video highlights: Year 2007 observations from STEREO satellites Ahead and Behind. (SECCHI: HI2 filters)

Aside from hue being added to display the data in shifting colour spectrum, the second half of this video is the same 2007 STEREO footage as the first part.

STEREO A: Sun at right
STEREO B: Sun at left

Keep an eye on Stereo B

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

its round on the top of it, postervid is clearly straight lines

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
I've been looking around after reading the talk on lens flares, and came across diffraction spikes:
en.wikipedia.org...

Is it possible for the spikes to be inverted around a... "equator" line, if you will. Perhaps some kind of lens effect when a star reflects from the inside of the lens, due to another light source? I'm not a light/photo/telescope expert so my knowledge is very limited here.

Ex:

Photo of a typical star with diffraction spikes:

An edited version of the above photo with "inverted" diffraction spikes around the center of the star:

Nothing more than a thought that popped up, I know it's probably a long stretch...

Specially because in the 2nd image it's not the light that's diffracted, but it was split in two, inverted and pasted in opposite sides.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
Try to look at it in 3 dimensions. It looks like a cube to me
Looks like a cube to me too. Weird.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

Typically lens flare is spherical...but in this case it would be odd for it to be in a triangle form...but who knows?

The lens is round, the planets are round, how could an angular shape like that be a lens flare? In general few straight lines in nature. Round or ellipse would make more sense to me.
edit on 2-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

Couldn't be the Borg, they were canceled.
edit on 2-1-2012 by kawika because: afterthought

I was thinking much the same thing regards the shape of this "lens flare". The key word here is "flare"...which is the root word of "flaring"...and that object is not flaring by any stretch of the imagination. Its scale does not vary in the frames we have been presented with, its luminosity (or lack of) does not vary, its structure does not vary...and so on. It is not a "flare"; in fact, it it were possible to catalog an object moving through space as a "staid", this would be an aces example.

Of course, I am a mere layman, but you see, that's the beautiful thing about ATS and other like-minded media outlets. You can be a rank amateur, and quickly be brought up to speed in such matters simply by sticking around and reading any number of posts. While I've always been able to grasp the concept of lens-flares, I'll admit to never really knowing what to look for. But thanks to some of the frequent posts here at ATS, now I do.

The subject of lens-flares comes up around here constantly, almost always accompanied by some sort of cracking audio-visual primers/examples. This has been fabulously instructive, and coupled with my tendency to be a quick study, I now know exactly what to look for (regards lens flares), when to look for it, and how it got there in the first.

A very small object moving across a lens? Maybe. A lens flare? No. And to those say that I'm talking through my hat, well...okay. We'll have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If it were a result of a lens flare, the vertical line or center of the 'pyramid' would have become more and more parallel to the black line representing a very bright celestial object. It did not grow more parallel, but maintained an independant trajectory. Thus, lens flare is a much shortened probability. It's pretty confounding, to say the least.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
Try to look at it in 3 dimensions. It looks like a cube to me
Looks like a cube to me too. Weird.

Makes you wonder where this idea originated?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Yeah, I honestly don't have an answer for this, it's without a doubt very strange. I respect Phage's opinion though, so it's nothing personal towards him, and he already knows that. In general I just get sick and tired of the lens flare retort from various sources. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

You're closer to the answer than you probably think. ~SheopleNation

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join