It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media is way more Powerful than Fox News:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
I'm sorry but instead of arguing and listing which side has more powerfull biased media outlets you all should be furious that your media is biased at all!
The media is supposed to be neutral for # sake!

Commercial media is not unbiased. Commerical media is paid for by advertising sponsors.

Their goal is to make money.

The only thing that is important is the demographic to buy their commercial products.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Alright my bad I didn't know that.
So if your commercial media is supposed to be biased then who gives a # what they say anyways?
They are obviously not reporting the truth... so who cares?
What matters is what your "real", unbiased media reports.
edit on 1-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Alright my bad I didn't know that.
So if your commercial media is supposed to be biased then who gives a # what they say anyways?
They are obviously not reporting the truth... so who cares?
What matters is what your "real", unbiased media reports.

I think those who really care about the truth are on the internet and forums like ATS. No one who cares about truth is going to take one viewpoint from a talking head - - or any one view from anyone/any place.

There's also NPR (National Public Radio).

I liked listening to German news station. I felt I got more honest news from them - then any other.

But I still search/research many viewpoints to form my opinions.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I liked listening to German news station. I felt I got more honest news from them - then any other.

This may be because Journalists in Germany lose their credibility and possibly their job when they get caught reporting biased or false news.
We have biased media aswell of course but those are generally categorized as tabloid (or "infotainment") and no one takes them serious anyways.

There's also NPR (National Public Radio).

Never heard of it.
I'm recently getting more interested in US news media so any recommendation would be much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

This may be because Journalists in Germany lose their credibility and possibly their job when they get caught reporting biased or false news.

It used to be that way in America.

Its commercial sponsoring that's made it a commodity - - rather then honest news.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That's really unpleasant and dangerous development.
A truely free society requires unbiased informations to make the best educated decisions... kind of funny that we learned this from you (the USA) after WW II.

So what would be good unbiased US news media (aside from NPR and preferably accessible online) you can recommend?
edit on 1-1-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

So what would be good unbiased US news media (aside from NPR and preferably accessible online) you can recommend?

NONE

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

FOX is like Carnival Barkers.

Those that fall for the propaganda spiel - - - belief FOX.

You don't converse intelligently with a FOX listener - - you exchange "talking points".

Real conversation requires independent thought.

If I didn't have independent thought I wouldn't be allowed to type this post by my FOX News overlords huh? But I see you didn't read my post anyway so I guess it doesn't matter what evidence I point out, you won't listen to anything with those three horrible words attached to it FOX

Lol I feel really bad for your significant other/children/anyone who is somehow close to you. You're clearly unbalanced and see the whole world in an Us vs. Them mentality in which anyone with ideas you see "liberal" doesn't make sense and you're constantly at war.

What I love about these Fox news conversations is that Fox fans believe it's EVERYONE ELSE who is the problem, it's the rest of the world that's biased and ignorant.

A word of advice: If everyone around you is telling you you're bat-s*** crazy...you just might be bad-s*** crazy. It's at least worth looking in to - for your own sake

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

see the whole world in an Us vs. Them mentality in which anyone with ideas you see "liberal" doesn't make sense and you're constantly at war.

Wow that's something though, because I would think most liberals are you know inclined to take the theory of evolution as fact. To say that it's not us vs them is like saying there is no competition. That's one of the basic concepts of evolution ya know. Survival of the fittest. We humans just have more mind altering toys, than animals.But of course, liberals want everyone to be the same and to live in peace and harmony with no fighting ever!

Fox fans believe it's EVERYONE ELSE who is the problem.

Why is it wrong to question the liberal and far-left mindset?

A word of advice: If everyone around you is telling you you're bat-s*** crazy...you just might be bad-s*** crazy. It's at least worth looking in to - for your own sake

Well then what the heck am I doing here if I am too crazy for a conspiracy forum huh? If you think I am one of the more crazy people on this site than maybe you need to be more active here. Just saying, thanks for the laugh and trying to personally insult me though.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What makes one brand of propaganda any better than another ?

Its all propaganda 24/7, with occasional bits of Truth, here and there.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I think, you need more than just 2 parties.. That would help but of course it wouldn't get more simple.

And @jiffxyz, I do kind of like your postings - they are raw. They are your product. They are not in any way concerted for getting the applaud of every one in the crowd.

I just don't like how you shrug off the responsibility to look at yourself from other people's viewpoint. Try to think like a "liberal" and look at your postings, it could work wonders.

On a scale of 1 to 10, (1 being "not at all", 10 being "absolut!") how much do you dislike your government?

Why didn't you choose a smaller number?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

They are all leftist trash. From MSNBC to Rush, all trash wanting bigger, more powerful central authority. And a large, impoverished and disenfranchised citizenry.

Liberals want social and economic totalitarianism, and Neo Cons and So Con's want social and political totalitarianism.

CNN to Fox lie and distort the news to suite their agenda. Fox being upfront about it and more pro-active about it, just kind of keeps things some what balanced between the two different leftist factions. There is no difference between right or left wing progressives if you aren't a progressive.

I think it is more annoying when people say or think this progressive circle jerk we call the MSM offers any kind of meaningful or real choice.

P.S

Liberal Hollywood admits it refuses to hire non liberals!
-------
P.S ATS is the real number one source of news!(for better or worse).
edit on 2-1-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
On a scale of 1 to 10, (1 being "not at all", 10 being "absolut!") how much do you dislike your government?

Why didn't you choose a smaller number?

Great question. I actually never gave it much thought about how much I truly hate the Government, but I would probably give it a five. Why is is not lower you ask? Well, because to put it simply, I am not an anarchist. I don't believe a society can exist on anarchism. There will always be religious, and political groups no matter how politically correct the left will try to be. Same reason I think the Utopia dream of real communism is impossible. The government and people running it will get more greedy. You really think they will give up their money and power? That's ridiculous!!!! I know we need the government to maintain stability for society. We need laws to tell people what is good or bad. We even need certain government agencies and programs.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

THAT is a really good answer, I doubt that I would have answered it any other way - a government is needed for modern society.

Another question:

On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being "everthing should stay as it is FOREVER", 10 being "constant change, every day!") how would you like your society?

Why didn't you choose a larger number?

BTW: I'm not playing tricks on your mind or something, I'm thoroughly interested. As soon as you voice an opinion going against my own views I will talk about it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Another question:

On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being "everthing should stay as it is FOREVER", 10 being "constant change, every day!") how would you like your society?

Why didn't you choose a larger number?

This is kinda interesting question even tho we are way off topic. I don't even see how this has anything to do with the previous question about government. Yes, Society changes all the time We are constantly changing and moving and even evolving albeit so slowly its hard to notice or record. If you are trying to trap me here, well you may interpret it as a trap and you "win" this argument that we are having. My response to your question would be a 10. We are constantly changing, but that doesn't give the government the right to increasingly grow forever!!!!! Growth is a part of business because every business wants the largest user base and the potential for market penetration. That is, in an ideal business world their products would be the only products being used by the people. This isn't wrong, as the left likes to think. After all, many wouldn't be angry if Apple products were used by 100% of the people!

Well, I tend to be more liberal on social questions anyway. I don't usually like these theoretical what if questions because I am a practical thinker. What is practical right now in the current state of affairs of the world. I am no idealist. I am not a religious nut job. I just want a smaller consistent government and you know my personal freedoms back.
edit on 2-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Your personal freedoms were taken by the Bush government under 9/11.
But thank you for your answer - I think that you should vote for the Democrats. Too bad that there is no liberal party in your country.
BTW: In my country the "most liberal" party fell apart in the last months because they were tattered between giving to a small part of the community and trying to speak for a great part. This didn't work out, and there were a lot of internal struggles which just left the party broken down with no trustworthy leaders, in my opinion.

You are too progressive to vote for Republicans, I think.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It's all about engineering a cultural hegemony of liberal PC groupthink normalcy bias - as contrasted with the socially, fiscally conservative christian hegemony of traditional America.

The latter is resistant to communism and that is why it ii being disloved - the former can never admit that they 'own' the media, it would defeat the object, instead they must insist and present themselves as 'normal' neutral unbiased - and indeed many reporters fully believe themselves to be just that.

Fox news is allowed so long as it clearly labels itself as 'right of centre' - it is a gatekeeper,to prevent any genuine radical conservative viewpoints.

That is why Murdoch has taken a beating for allowing Glenn Beck to run rampant!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

If you ran a totally, really unbiased Newscorp, everyone would accuse you of being biased, because their side wouldn't get enough airtime.

But you can have a bias and a BIAS. You can say "Obama Barack is the President of the United States of America" or you could say "Barack Hussein Obama got to be President of our fine country".

Its trivial, I know. But there will be always different views.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Your personal freedoms were taken by the Bush government under 9/11.
But thank you for your answer - I think that you should vote for the Democrats. Too bad that there is no liberal party in your country.
BTW: In my country the "most liberal" party fell apart in the last months because they were tattered between giving to a small part of the community and trying to speak for a great part. This didn't work out, and there were a lot of internal struggles which just left the party broken down with no trustworthy leaders, in my opinion.

You are too progressive to vote for Republicans, I think.

Wrong I usually vote republican. No Democrats have my stance on the economy and that's the main thing I vote on. I don't really care about social issues, or what one politician believes is right for a certain group of people. I will never be a democrat altho a lot of my social views align with them. I'm just not as vocal about that because, most people tend to agree with me on social issues. That's not how I vote or what I mainly care about in elections.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join