It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Just imagine how low the score must be for TSA agents. They are probably barely breaking the double digit mark.
That might explain searching diapers, groping kids and strip searching 80 year old women.

Having been through enough TSA checkpoints I think the only test is a pulse.

And if you are a minority I think they overlook even that.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Predictable. The NWO wants as close to robotic drone pawns as it can get, before actually replacing all living organic cops with their mechanical, 0 IQ automaton replacements that follow orders flawlessly without conscience or reservation of any kind.

Hope Im gone before that day comes.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

It's not just the major corporations. I think it's pretty much every corporation. I've worked for some very small companies and the managers truely don't want to hear that their stupid policies are counterproductive.

They make perfect drones for the elites who run the company. Letting them know that you are capable of critical thinking is not a good thing to let them know about. You become a threat to their authority.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

This can be easily explained by criminals in high places not wanting those in authority to be too keen to their illegal activities! Also those without high IQs will take orders without question, especially if they don't recognize when they are doing something immoral! I'm not saying those with lower IQs are immoral but I just think they would fail to recognize when they were being manipulated, when their orders are unconstatutional and they would be the most likely to not recognize the truth! I feel this is just another way to control us all and we need to change these things! After 911 everything became more centralized! I believe this was a big mistake and too much like a monarchy for a democratic society! This just shows how bad things are getting and if we allow this too continue we will forever regret our complacency!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It would be to easy to clean up civic corruption , just ask the ones that do not smoke dope that are civic employees . See how fast some of the unions put a stop to drug testing by crying foul of civil liberties . Conduct un-becoming a civic employee actually means you spoke out against corruption .

Then your marked as a rat and still have to do the pot head's work or the alcoholics on the payroll .

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This explains so much.

SO WRONG...

Discrimination against the intelligent.

Who'd a thunk it?
edit on 1-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I think you'll find that what you meant to say but didn't, overwhelmed as you were by the intimidating police presence and their no-nonsense attitude is:
"Yes Officer."
"No Officer."
"3 bags full Officer."

edit on 1/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Grammar

edit on 1/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It is called over-qualifying for a job. Believe it or not, such discrimination exists and is more rampant than you would think, especially now with college graduates not being able to find a suitable job and having to settle for less, only to be told by the employer that you are too smart and thus uncompliant with their status quo.

Of course they want DUMB cops and DUMB military and they greatly prefer if you are right wing as well.

The smart ones are for officer rank and not enlisted. The only exception to this rule is if you are applying for a highly technical job where a high iq becomes mandatory.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
For their part it is easier for them to make a shill out of a less intelligent employee than a smart one . Yet , they still will go back to the smart one to get things done within a specified time line , cuts cost over runs . Double edged sword there .

Knee pads mandatory to keep your position , ask Monica . Till someone ratted her out , her knee pads just didn't fit as well as some would have hoped they would .
edit on 1-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The ultimate proof that it is not actually a cop's job to serve and protect. If that was the case, then they'd want the smartest cops they could get hold of.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
I talked to an older officer that knew me well and he discouraged my ambition to be an officer. He told me that he thought that I would not be willing to follow orders without question, that I would want to have my "whys and what fors" answered and they did NOT want officers that would think for themselves........

That's exactly what it is about.

It's important to those in charge to have a police force that doesn't ask too many questions. Those with higher IQs are likely to work out what is wrong and right by themselves, without needing to be told.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndGovtCorruption

A Police officers job is not to serve and protect you, if they figure out a crime, good, if they do not no big deal. The sole job of a Police office is to pseudo tax you through fines.

Amen to that. They have become glorified armed tax collectors. They nail the same law abiding citizens for chicken S*&T violations that pay their salary in the first place. Most crimes that are prevented are done so by happenstance. They protect nothing. That is why you must protect yourself and your family. They serve only the municipality in their taxation role. Need proof? how many more speed traps have you seen in the last couple of years and red light cameras, road blocks to catch minor violations, and when was the last time a cop let you go with a warning

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It seems to me that the establishment does not want "public servants" who can think for themselves. Someone who is more intelligent is much more likely to question something that should be questioned, as opposed to someone who is less intelligent and will simply obey orders. This seems obvious to me, and that is where I would put my money. In this day and age there are so many things that have double-meanings.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
this might be the case for some departments, and some officers across the board... but come on, you can spin anything... my father has a very high IQ and he is a state trooper. as well as a very good man, before I get bashed for not bashing....

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
more stupid cops means they will carry out orders with no question.

Its for the smarter cops at the top to be smart and the monkeys with nightsticks to get it done.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Without being insulting I understand that most police are viewed as blunt instruments, but to discriminate because of intellect is abhorrent...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This has probably been said before, but.

THE FACT that the iq factor is even being considered is the real problem.
The people in the United Kingdom are f*cked, I'm sorry there's no better word. F*cked.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Uhhhhh.... New London is a city in Connecticut, and is a story by ABC (American Broadcasting Company). It speaks about US district courts. Where are you guys getting the UK from? This has nothing to do with England or London.

Let the idiots be the enforcers. We all know you wouldn't want some guy with critical thinking skills, or intelligence to have any form of power. Bring on the dumb grunts who will take orders, fall in line, and question nothing.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sure they want people with a lower I.Q, you would be less inclined to question orders.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join