It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Maya's new. Why didn't we listen

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Woah, hang on a minute.

Goths don't do that "woe is me" stuff at all. Gothic fashion originally was similar to what the likes of Ed Tudor-Pole wore in the 70s and 80s. Lets not call someone a goth and portray stereotypes that are blatantly wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by donniedeath
They were trying to warn us. We did not listen. And now it's to late. Why didn't we listen.?

Because they recorded with Betamax and we've only got these darn Datacrystals.

We can't listen to any of their stuff.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Typical ATS

Its not the destruction of earth....ITS a new AGE

NEW AGE...NOT THE END OF EARTH.

Bloody hell..even mainstream religion talk of an "end"

If you guys want to interpret "the end" as the collapse of this beautiful earth..then so be it..

War minded folk always want the earth to be destroyed...NWO has done well

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

They were trying to warn us. We did not listen. And now it's to late. Why didn't we listen.?

no...we Listened.... to every hair-brained scheme out there- from Extinction-Level-Events to Humanities Frequency rising to a higher harmonic and all humans entering into a 5th Dimension (no not a rock-group) and then to a supernatural resonance change to our brains-&-bodies (without any effort on our part) allowing all of us to become Gods

we did listen...and spent Million in an effort to understand...

but none of us were smart or wise enough to conclude that the higher=plane we sought could only be attained
by each of us cutting out the hearts of our neighbors ....

just like the Maya Priests did "to keep the corn growing" or the 'mountain gods appeased' with children sacrifices & then made into mummies

you my friend need a mental 'tune up' for 2012

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Because the Catholic Church/Spain went and burned all their records so only they would know what's coming.

There's a small group that wants to be the few that survive the event. Then they can be God's on their own planet without you.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It is correct to say that this would be a new age, however the other 4 ages all ended in a catastrophe, one by fire one by wind one by water and one of blood??? our current age is what the would be translated as the age of the moving sun, make of that what you will. As the time draws closer i am seeing many changes, ladybirds and mayflies in december, in england we only had one or two freezing nights and now it is fairly mild, the massive increase in large earthquakes in unusual places etc.
It was in fact the Toltecs who used this calender, long before the Mayans though it is possible that it was used even further back in antiquity perhaps by the "viracochas" that the mesoamericans told us much about from the first age. It is undeniable that the mesoamerican civilisations had an unrivalled knowledge of astronomy and of our place within the solar system, why not the affect of our position, on the earth itself? The calender was very important to these civilisations and they seem to have regarded this date with vast importance, however they had 3 calenders and without going too deeply into that we are already past what seemed like another important date, 24/12/11 has this gone by without event or has it begun? Look at what is happening in the world in terms of seismic activity and decide for yourself.
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Apprently they didn't know enough, they got wiped out anyway.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
dude just get up the day before put on your lucky underwear put rabbit foot in pocket and party like its 1999
surely you remember Y2K wiped out all the computers on earth
oh yeah that was wrong
when the technology of today can not tell the future i think short of time travel we will never be sure of a date
so be happy and enjoy life cause you are only here NOW

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Why didn't we listen. There is still time. Not much. We can stop this.

Relax. It's going to be okay. Think about it, if the world was going to end, the Mayans had predicted it because it was set in stone, there's nothing we could do anyway. I mean, if the world was about to implode, do you really think we could stop it? I predict we will all have a fabulous 12/21/12, except for a few people who go completely nuts because of their fears. The next day on the 22nd, we will all wake up and realized we still have to finish our Christmas shopping and pay off the credit card bills we've run up thinking that we'd never have to pay them.
I see you have no stars or flags yet. I will give you some.
Try to stop worrying and enjoy your day.
edit on 31-12-2011 by britelite1971 because: (no reason given)

You and i both know it aint gonna end in 2012, we have insider knowledge.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by donniedeath

I did some searching...and I found...what is in my opinion...a really good article about what the Mayan's are saying. Please read this article...and I think you may have a different perspective.

www.globotreks.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Who flagged this thread? For real?

2nd.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
the maya's also;

thought the first incarnation of man was a mud man

the 2nd was a wood man

the 3rd was amber man

anyone believe that ?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
so, the maya's were right, About what? was this post made so you could just say i told you so after we all died? also if the mayans are right, why the heck am i still doing what i do?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by donniedeath

Oh those silly Mayans and all their new stuff.

This is a second line.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Congratulations on parroting the lies told by New Age authors used to sell books and are then repeated on numerous websites by the CT crowd. That's right ATS, despite what you want to believe most of you are sheople as well. Just because something is "alternative" doesn't mean it is benign.

Take the post I'm responding to as an example. It is filled with misconceptions and outright lies that have been exposed on this site numerous times. The claim that the Maya believed in multiple incarnations of the world comes exclusively from heavily Christian-influenced texts. The earliest we can trace the Long Count are to the Olmecs, not the Toltec. And even this connection is tenuous at best. The cultures of Mesoamerica did have advanced astronomical knowledge for their time, but it pales in comparison to our own. A few examples of this are the facts that they only knew of the naked-eye planets, they believed that the year was an even 365 days, and there is no indication that they were aware of the precession of the equinoxes. The Maya did have three main calendars (they had a number of other ones as well), but they had nothing to do with prophecy. You had one that was 365-days long that was used for agriculture (the haab). One that was 260-days long and used to determine the date of religious ceremonies (the tzolkin). Together these formed the 52-year Calendar Round. However, these dates did not have a year associated with them. Instead there was the Long Count which was merely a count of days from the mythical creation date of August 11, 3114 BCE (although some Long Counts have an earlier date). Finally, December 24, 2011 was not an important date. If it was then December 21, 2012 would not be a significant date. They are the same Long Count date of 13.0.0.0.0, but they were obtained using different correlations.

So, in short, what I'm trying to say is do your own research. Look at all sources and thoroughly analyze the data. Then synthesize that data to create your own worldview. If we can all do that then 2012 will truly be a special year. It will be the year where ATS actually denies ignorance.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
"knew" not "new" , fix your title.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

It was just what I saw in the post, IMO.
Take offense if you like, I was calling it how I see it.
do not invalidate my perspective, in all fairness though
I appreciate your opinion friend.

Also, read my reply again, I asked if he was, I did not label him.
or call him/her one. Keep an open mind.

In Alaska there are not one type of Goth, there are many, some happy, some out for harm. Please do not
think I am after the OP, and who is to say I'm stereotyping, I was stating my opinion. Sorry if offended you, that was not my intention.

I wish I could give you a HUG as well!

Much Love

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Yes, let's see what happens. I'm open to new ideas.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I'll be sure to pass that on to my fella who keeps hi-jacking my account when I go to bed!

Personally, I was well into all this end of the world Mayan stuff but I've seen so many doom dates come and go, I can't be arsed with it anymore!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
21/12/2012

1+2 = 3 1+2=3 1+2=3 Then take the only No 2 that's left from 2012

2 x 3= 6 2x3=6 2x3=6 666

Very Strange Indeed
edit on 1-1-2012 by quedup because: correction

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join