It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Maya's new. Why didn't we listen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Stop all the hate. i'm like dyslexia.(that's not easy for me to spell.)
Back to the maya's. There knew are dynasty. There tryed to warn us. But it was all in fane. Age of the jauar. I think it might be a pandemic.? Stop ride in on my shirt tall's.

Most native Meso-American documents were destroyed in the early years of the Spanish occupation but a few priceless books and relics did survive the destruction, either having been hidden by the Indians or exported back to Europe as presents for the King. The most important of these was what is now called the Dresden Codex, named after the town in whose library it was lodged. This strange book, inscribed with unknown hieroglyphs, was written by Maya Indians who once ruled over much of Central America, the ruins of their once grand civilization littering the jungle. In 1880 a brilliant, German scholar, who was working as a librarian in Dresden, turned his attention to this codex. By a process of extraordinary detective work he cracked the code of the Mayan calendar making it possible for other scholars and explorers to translate the many dated inscriptions to be found on buildings, stelae and other ancient Mayan artefacts. He discovered that the Dresden Codex itself was concerned with astronomy providing detailed tables of lunar eclipses and other phenomenon. These were so accurate that they put our own calendar to shame. He also found evidence for a curious "magic number"- 1,366,560 days, which could be factorised in a number of ways and which harmonised the cycles of Venus and Mars with two "yearly" cycles also used by the Maya: the sacred tzolkin of 260 days and the Haab of 365 days. However, he also found that they had another system of counting the days relative to a starting date, called the Birth of Venus and now known to be 13 August 3114 BC. This calendar was divided into "months" or uinals of twenty days, "years" or tuns of 360 days and longer periods of 7200 days, the katun and 144,000 days, the baktun. The number 13 was magically important to them and they believed that, starting from the Birth of Venus, after 13 of these longest periods, or baktuns, the world would come to an end. Working from their start date this Mayan Prophecy points to a date in our own time, 22 December 2012.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by donniedeath

donnie

do you believe in the 2nd 3rd and 4th cycles ?

mud man, wood man, amber man......

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by donniedeath
you warned us. But did we listen. You new. You tryed to tell us. A warn in. From when the world was young. If only we had not been so pompous.

You need a good nights sleep. You can't even construct a sentence at the moment.

I wish I could make sense of what you are saying....but, you need to be able to say it first.
Makes good sense to me?

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join