It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings and Happy New Year Eve... From MARS...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It looks like he's celebrating finally beating the PacMan game.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Its clearly some kind of humanoid,people are so scared to believe.To the thread starter you would be better off posting this in a Mars anomaly site where people are more "open minded".

As for the figure,you can even see genitalia.Notice the figure to the right too?Maybe its some kind of Martain balancing game...

edit on 31-12-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Perhaps it was a place of pilgrimage?

Exactly, my friend. But this for another thread. On The Anomalies on same Area.

Elsewhere, the "things" are not like here... And sometime are terrific.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Mars , Moon i got so confused lately with people posting anomalies they have found.I do apolagise yes Mars not the moon. But it still doesnt look real sorry

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

One of the problems of using Google Mars/Moon/Earth is that we do not know when we reach a zoom factor of 100%, and from that point onwards we are looking at Google's zooming algorithm and not at the real image, as Google "invents" pixels to fill in the missing and fool the people looking at the images.

From what I could see we have three highresolution images from that area, PSP_001764_1455, PSP_009161_1450 and PSP_010295_1455.

The image used by Google is image PSP_009161_1450, the one with the lowest resolution and lowest Sun angle above the horizon, only 12 degrees above the horizon.

(All the photos were resized to be the same size, but with not resampling, so the pixels remain square and there isn't any "algorithm created" pixels.)

Then we have a photo with a higher sun angle, 17º above the horizon, photo PSP_010295_1455.
In this photo the "statue" is less visible, but still noticeable.

Then we have the first photo taken of that area, photo PSP_001764_1455, in which the Sun was 19º above the horizon, still very low, but enough to make the "statue" disappear.

Now, knowing the Sun angles on all those photos we can try to get an idea (it's impossible to know for sure, we would need to know the angle of the surface in which the shadow is projected) of the height of the laying-down "statue".

In the first photo we have just one or two pixels in the thinnest shadow, so, at a resolution of 50 cm per pixel, it would a 1 metre shadow. But with a Sun angle of just 12º that means a height of just 20 cm. Now let's see how a Sun angle of 17ºwould change things; for a 20 cm height it would create a 70 cm long shadow, still visible in a 50 cm per pixel photo. Now for the last photo, a 19º would mean a 32 cm shadow, barely noticeable in a 25 cm per pixel photo (photo PSP_001764_1455 is the only one with a 25 cm per pixel resolution, but the photo is not that good).

So, even if it was a statue, now is limited to being a 20 cm feature above the ground, and the fact that it blends seamlessly with the surrounding area makes me think that is just another natural feature.

Keep on looking, and better luck next time.

PS: stop using Google for image analysis, in this case Google shows the three available photos, so you do not have any excuse not to use them.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Dear Armap,that does not mean this anomaly is over!

Better luck next time?This time was great

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I see another one just off to the right of the main figure. Looks like it's tucking a ball. I think they're playing basketball.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

Without any promting my partner spotted the other one,it actually looks like its pointing a gun at the taller one.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you ArMaP for your efforts.

But The "Arm-up" humanoid fugure is still there! Even in your lower resolution image.
The "Arm Up" humanoid figure

PS: stop using Google for image analysis, in this case Google shows the three available photos, so you do not have any excuse not to use them.

I've no sofisticated tools or skills like you.

I continue to use Google,to show, what, in my personal opinion, are anomalies.

Oh: did you have the high resolution copy image of this Area? Thx.

Oh, It's a quite strange that we can detect "anomalies" ONLY when ROTATE on South-East.

My Paredolia works only on South-East?

edit on 1-1-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Dear Armap,that does not mean this anomaly is over!
Sure it doesn't, any "anomaly" will only end if the person(s) considering it an anomaly stop seeing it as such.

Better luck next time?This time was great
But it could be much better, so "better luck next time"!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Thank you ArMaP for your efforts.
No problems, as you know this is a subject I like.

But The "Arm-up" humanoid fugure is still there! Even in your lower resolution image.
You're right, yesterday I couldn't see it (my vision was probably too tired, I am having some strange fever that also affects my vision), but the photo with the higher sun angle is not the lower resolution image, at least according to the related data (although it sure looks like a lower resolution photo).

I've no sofisticated tools or skills like you.

You don't nee sophisticated tools or skills, and I sure don't have them, I just have more practice.

In this case, in Google Mars, if you activate the "Spacecraft Imagery" option, choosing the "HiRISE Image Browser" option, you can see the three available photos, and by clicking on the link for the photo's page you can see the original images.

I continue to use Google,to show, what, in my personal opinion, are anomalies.
But you should not use it to study the images, as Google keeps on zooming the image and creates its own version of the image when it goes over the 100% zoom values, that's the biggest problem.

Also, the images in Google are slightly distorted so they can be "painted" over a representation of the planet. If the "Terrain" option is on then more distorting is added by the (not very good) attempt to apply the height data (usually at a very low resolution) to the image.

Oh: did you have the high resolution copy image of this Area? Thx.
You can have them too. For HiRISE images, if you follow the above instructions to see the photo page, once there you can click on the links that says "HiView main page", on the "Image Products" area; you will be redirected to another page from where you can donwload HiView, a program specifically made to show the JPEG2000 images used by HiRISE. But it's easier if you follow this link.

After installing it, you can just "drag" any image link to that program to see the image (unless you use Opera, the dragging doesn't work in Opera as Opera always sees a link as text).

Once you have the image in HiView you can zoom in and out, change the levels for each colour (if you are looking at a colour image), etc. It's not very intuitive, but it's not difficult to use.

But Google is better at one thing, measuring things, although I don't trust height values, as I have seen some differences with reality even in Earth measurements.

Oh, It's a quite strange that we can detect "anomalies" ONLY when ROTATE on South-East.

My Paredolia works only on South-East?
That's usually a sign that's a perception problem, like the craters that look like domes when the light is not coming from the top of the image. I had that problem once with a photo from the Moon.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for your advices!

But the JPG2 program don't work on my PC.

But I've found a lot anomalies in that restricted Area of Ariadnes Colles that I want show in a next thread. Righ in proximity of the "ARMAP"
humanoid figure.... and only when rotate the image on south east!
edit on 1-1-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Thanks for your advices!

But the JPG2 program don't work on my PC.
You can send me a message to see if we can solve that problem, it works on my computer with no problems.

But I've found a lot anomalies in that restricted Area of Ariadnes Colles that I want show in a next thread.
From what I have seen from other places on Mars, areas with that type of geology have many things that people considered anomalous (I cannot really know what's normal or not on Mars
).

Righ in proximity of the "ARMAP"
humanoid figure.... and only when rotate the image on south east!
The "ARMAP" figure?

As I said before, if something appears only when we rotate the image it's probably our brain doing a different interpretation, so there are always two possibilities, one of which is probably the wrong one while the other is the correct one (it's also possible that both are wrong).

As for strange (I prefer that instead of anomalous) things on that area, I really find the "base" of the statue stranger than the statue, because the "statue" has a more natural look than the base.
edit on 1/1/2012 by ArMaP because: I forgot a "two"

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

if something appears only when we rotate the image it's probably our brain doing a different interpretation

No. This is wrong.
Sorry to disagree ArMaP.

"Paredolia effect" works on every orientation, Norh, South, East or West.
Not ONLY in one direction.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

So you admit it is nothing but pareidolia.

I never understood what purpose it would serve for a life form to construct, large simulations of themselves visible only from space. Where on this planet are there any 'sculptures' of man that could be visible from space? Mt. Rushmore is likely the largest such sculpture on earth and it is not aligned to be viewed from above. The Nazca lines are not structures.

The whole idea of 'face sculptures on Mars' or where ever doesn't pass the common sense test for me. It is nothing but pareidolia.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

So you admit it is nothing but pareidolia.

Not at all, My favourite stalker.

Don't you notice the Irony hide in my post? As I said, if it was only paredolia than it works in all orientations, not only in ONE.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I don't have any data to support any of the opinions, but to me it looks likely that the position of what we are looking that affects our interpretation. I have to see if I can find any data about it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Having seen hundreds of Mars pictures,this will definitly be in my important list along with the Sand Marie and obvious Mars creatures.Thanks to the thread starter I would otherwise not have found this image of "The Mars Surfer".as me and freinds now refer to it!
edit on 2-1-2012 by paperface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by paperface

"The Mars Surfer".

Thanks.

This is exactly "the image name" that i've given to this anomaly when I discovered it

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It looks more like a swimmer (or a drowned man) than a surfer...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join