It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the bible does it really say that the world will come to an end?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Hey as long as you are content right?

Yes I am grateful that God has saved me. You have a lot of anger and it seems like nothing I say is going to help. I am not content though knowing that others are not safe in Jesus. That is why I want everyone to have the assurance that I have.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am not angry. You have not made me angry, you have made me sad. You have chosen to ingnore my questions. You are uncomfortable discussing your faith. You are unwilling to consider what I am saying. Yet you are more then willing to declare that billions of people have fake faith. You my friend, have made me sad. And what assurance do you speak of? You say those billions of people who have felt a connection to God their entire lifes, is actually a fraud. You call that assurance? I call that cruel and a herd-mentality. Again, I say you have put your faith in the men who wrote the christian bible and not in God himself. You have not bothered to say anything to make me believe the contrary. Therefore you have not bothered to give me the assurance you speak of; the assurance you say you want everyone to have. So outside of hurting billions, how does your faith help people?

[edit on 033131p://24u37 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Before you start to worry think about this.

In Matthew, Mark and Luke Jesus is purportedly saying that there were some standing there which shall not taste of death since the day of the lord was upon them. Unfortunately they all died and the world is still here. Not everything in the bible is truth. It's a book written by man, man errs. The best proof that the bible is full of errors is the bible itself. Read it carefully.

This is Jesus talking to his disciples.........why would he lie? Because he doesn't know but fear really puts things into perspective. They were told to give everything up, family, wealth etc and take up the cross and follow him because there was no need for material goods since the end was nigh.

Matthew
16:28
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Mark, Chapter 9
9:1
And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Luke
9:27
But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Take this into consideration also in which the earth is explained forever! Why does God inspire men to write one thing and someone named Jesus who was just a man come along and say something completely different? Doesn't he know what his father is thinking. He should know these things if he is the son of god. You can't argue that god changed his mind. He knows everything in advance so he has no need to change his mind.

Dt.4:40
"That thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for ever."

Ps.37:29
"The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever."

Ps.78:69
"The earth which he hath established for ever."

Ps.104:5
"Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever."

Ec.1:4
"One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever."

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Again, I say you have put your faith in the men who wrote the christian bible and not in God himself.

Well by definition faith is hoping for something that isn't fact or proven.

Faith is believing what you know, aint so.

Fact does not require faith.

Fact doesn't not require you to accept it blindly without proof.

So either you believe it or not.........no faith needed unless you feel it may not be true but hope it is.

Faith is hope for things unseen.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

. You have chosen to ingnore my questions. You are uncomfortable discussing your faith.]

My answers aren't what you want to hear, so you are seeing that your questions aren't answered.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Whatever makes you happy man. Thanks for the assurance, I will spread the word.

[edit on 073131p://25u27 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

My faith is in God. He got His word to me. Matthew, Paul, Luke etc. did not die for my sins. Jesus did, so my faith is in Him alone.

The greatest escape move a Christian has is the term/idea of "faith". While in "check," when there is no other escape, and he sees his opponent's next move will result in "checkmate," I believe it says in the Official Christian Handbook (a ficticious idea and ammusing creation of my own) that the use of the simple term "faith" will move the game into a stalemate, thereby evading the onslaught of logic and sensible ideology.

I do have to give credit to whoever came up with the concept of "faith." By using this simple word/term/idea in the argument about religion, specifically Christianity, one has manufactured a backdoor of sorts to escape an inevitable defeat.

I am in awe of this concept of "faith" and how it is used. "Faith" is essentially the keystone of the Christian concept, while it is also the "mother's dress" for Christians to hide behind. What an amazing way to tie a religion together; to use the weakest area of an entire religion and base that religion upon this weakness, thereby creating a very fallacious and deceptively weak base for the religious structure - truly awe inspiring.

Why can't I come up with amazing evasive manuevers when I get myself caught up in a web of lies?

Maybe one day I'll be divinely inspired - and I will call this new religion... "The-lies-men-tell- themselves-so-they-can-turn-off-their-brainianity"...damn it, that premise sounds too close to that of some other religion; I'll keep working on it.

Lucid Lunacy - There may be many on the other side of this argument, but at least people like you and I have the satisfaction of knowing they are all wrong.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The bible states faith can move mountains! Um, anyone tried it lately? Let me know if it works.

Faith is a cop out. Believing what you know ain't so.

Like I said, Facts do not require faith.
Asserting believe takes faith is saying that your believe cannot stand on it own.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I thought you would be interested in reading all the books Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins have written. It is all about the book of Revelations and the 12 th and final book is called, " Glorious The End of Days Appearing."
It is all about the Rapture and I thoroughyly enjoyed reading these books as it gave me insight to what we are going to have to endure when the time comes. Understanding the Bible for me is just so difficult. Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
No one knows the hour...but you will know he is at the door if you want to know! We are in the end-times guys. As for the rapture too many have been decieved to think it is before the tribulation....sorry but I believe it is after. We will all pay in the end. Some less than others but all will pay. Christ is coming back to end evil on this planet on a "warhorse". Not to just gather his "children".

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave

Like I said, Facts do not require faith.
Asserting believe takes faith is saying that your believe cannot stand on it own.

I think that is a somewhat simplified version of my previous post, and I agree with you favouriteslave.

I am saddened that more people can't wrap there minds around this idea, but I am even more saddened by the ignorance (ie religion) that has blinded people and allowed them to just fall into a state of unconciousness where they find it easier to and safer to follow religion blindly then to think for themselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
I'm not really a religous guy but I do believe in god and I just want to know if the bible really predicts the end of humanity or will some people be left alive to carry on?Can the end of the world be stopped or is it going to happen definitely? I tried reading the bible for my self but can't make any sense of it..

The confusion is due to the word "world" which is more correctly rendered Age. In other words, the Age that we are now in is that which is a result of the Fall and when Y'shua sets up his Kingdom on this Earth, it will be "The Age To Come."

The teaching, still prevelant today, that the earth and universe are going to be totally destroyed and than recreated is a misconception.

The Earth will continue and there will be people who actually live through the tribulation and repopulate the devastated earth - most of that devastation a result of "those who destroy the earth" and not specifically as a result of God's Wrath.

And thus, no you can't stop the end of this Age for God will step back into time to judge the World.

Just as Y'shua implied that the Sun would not set until its appointed time, it is also true that nothing can stop the Sun from Rising at its appointed time...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spidergooch

2d Peter 3:10-12 "the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat: both the earth and the works that are in in will be burned up"

Again, not purged and reformed, as was done with the flood, but melted away, so a new earth and heaven will be created.

In that verse the Apostle specified that he was quoting the Prophet Isaiah ("his promise") where the Prophet mentions this same subject of the New Heavens and New Earth.

Is "Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. "

In that chapter you will see that "By fire and by his sword will Y'hova plead with all flesh: and the slain of Y'hova shall be many." Here we see clearly that the Fires of the Tribulation are what 'destroy' the heavens and the earth, and the teaching that the earth and universe were going to be totally destroyed and recreated is an erroneous teaching that arose in the Church subsequent to the rise of Covenant Theology.

It is, in fact, a direct result of the erroneous teaching that all matter is evil and has been 'stained' with sin and thus will have to be totally destroyed and then recreated. This, actually is the very foundational teaching of the ancient Chaldean religion as I have shown in a post on my web site, and is found, as such, in the Book of Job.

www.geocities.com...

The proof is found in various passages but the conclusive one is in Daniel where he says that when Messiah sets up his Kingdom on this earth, "it shall never be destroyed" (2:44). Since we know he sets up his kingdom at the start of the Millenium, it is obvious that God isn't going to destroy the work that his son has done in restoring the earth to its former glory.

Some of the confusion arises from the chapter on the New Heavens in the Book of Revelation but that is one of the Retro-Spective passages, which all Scholars admit are contained in the Book and which is a result of the Author finishing a particular train of thought, and then going back to fill in the details.

Thus, he saw the tribulation, and the Millenium, and then satan cast into hell, and then he went back to fill in the details about the start of the Millenium, when the New Jerusalem descends from heaven. In fact, it is the return of the city at the START of the Millenium that is responcible for "melting" the elemets.

More on this on my WebSite and this URL will give you a very brief outline of the book of Revelation.

www.geocities.com...

[edit on 10/28/04 by jesterbr549]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance
ften Faith Christianity.
The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
Confident assurance of things not seen.

Faith is a concept that most of the world can't comprehend.
Most people want (whatever) right now. They have no patience and have to see things immediately. The Bible tells us of God and what He has done for us and what He is going to do. It's based on His promises. People make and break promises(look at the divorce rate) all the time so the world has become skeptical. God cannot break His word or He would not be God. What He says He will do. He says those who believe on His Son for salvation will never die and will someday see Him. We believe that by faith, but someday our faith will be turned into sight.

Faith can move mountains. I know of people who have been cured from cancer(a pretty big mountain) and even had a tumor disappear.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandtBelief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

This is a incorrect statement for Biblical Faith is based on Facts.

The existence of God has been proven by Logic many times in man's past.

However, I have yet to see a logical statement that proves the Theory of Evolution, or how somone's uncle is actually a monkey, or how the universe created itself ex nihlo.

And, by the way, what was your point in reference to the discussion at hand?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The point of my post is because someone brought up faith and I answered it.

I'll say that logical proof could be left out. But looking back I quess I left it in from the dictionary, because the world always wants logical proof.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
The point of my post is because someone brought up faith and I answered it.

I'll say that logical proof could be left out. But looking back I quess I left it in from the dictionary, because the world always wants logical proof.

Of course you have no problem answering a question that requires you to copy & paste from an online-dictionary. If that's the extent of your participation in the forums why even bother? Maybe you can read my posts, consider what's being said, and address the questions. That would be awesome. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

If that's the extent of your participation in the forums why even bother? Maybe you can read my posts, consider what's being said, and address the questions. That would be awesome. Thanks.

I rarely post copies from other sources. I ususally tell from my own own words. You say I haven't answered your questions. I think I've tried. You want to know about other holy books. I'm taking this 2 ways.

I take it one way as you are asking about the koran, book of mormon etc. I've read the Bible all the way through and believe it is the truth. These other books conflict with the Bible and present a different view or way of a "god" that is not really the God.

Another way I take it is you are talking about other translations of the Bible beside the King James Version. I have and do read them and they can say things that can give you new insight into a verse that you may have never thought of before. But for example the NIV for example has left a verse out in the book of Acts concerning the part of the ethiopian eunech. So you have to be careful when you read them and you must be very sensitive and aware of this. So I think there can be a purpose in them. I use a Strong's concordance along with my studying. It has the meanings of the greek and hebrew words used in the Bible.

Another thing I can say is that when you are saved you are born again(your spirit). These means you can now communicate with God more intimately. His spirit inspires and directs you as you are growing and learning. So there is a very personal aspect in a life with the God of the Bible.

I'll give an example. It has bothered me that there were no children on Noah's ark. It didn't make me question the existance of God or whether He is loving because I know what the rest of the Bible says, and what I know personally. I just don't have all the information as to why no kids were on it. When you have a life with the God of the Bible you can, and do talk to Him at anytime of the day or night. This was for several months that it bothered me. Then one day at work while I was working I was thinking why were no kids on the ark. And I got a response from God that He impressed on my spirit or mind or both. His answer was , "maybe there were no kids to save". Now you have to know what the rest of the Bible says so that you can have this make sense. God and man have an adversary, satan. I know other people will say he's not real, but guess what, God tells us He is. Now all this info that I'm about to give you comes from the Bible and studying and asking God to reveal truth to you. satan knew a savior was coming to redeem mankind back to God. So he has attemted to stop this plan. he used Cain to kill Abel in case Abel was the one. He used pharoah in an attempt to exterminate all the male israelite babies in the beginning of exodus. he used king Herod in an attempt to exterminate all the male children born in Bethlehem that were under 2 years old as a way to get rid of Jesus. The book of Esther tells of another attempt with a guy named Haman. But there is also another attempt in Genesis ch.6. Fallen angels left their existance in heaven and opted to take on flesh and live with man. They were not to do this. Genesis tells us that they took all the women on the earth at that time(except for Noah's wife and his 3 sons wives) and conceived children with them who became giants and were exceedingly wicked. Noah was working on the ark for 120 years. During this time, Noah was building the ark and preaching to the people in an effort to warn them of the coming judgement of God. No one listened. Remember this was 120 years. The fallen angels had dominion over all the other women on the planet. That's why there were no children on the ark. After 120 years of only these wicked giants being born, no human children were around.

So my daily walk with God is also why I believe the Bible and why I have faith in the God of the Bible.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by dbrandt]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, I understand why you two want to have a discussion on this particular subject, but I am sure there is probably a proper thread already started on it.

The Topic at hand is whether or not the Earth is going to come to the end according to the Bible (whether you believe the Bible or not).

I have answered that above in my last two posts, according to the Scriptures, and that is that it will be judged by fire but not totally destroyed and then recreated.

Perhaps, you want to comment on that - since that is the subject of this thread?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
[edit on 053131p://30u21 by Lucid Lunacy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join