It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you will not resist when the government comes for you or your guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

The thing with you American's is, you think everyones out to get you.

You don't need guns. If most of the modern worlds citizens can survive and be free without them, then so can you.

If you feel so insecure in your own country, then maybe the US isn't so great after all.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hello seabag,

Here in Texas, we have broad rights for gun ownership that some states deny. I won't go into the pros and cons.

I just have to say...I own what guns I own for my own pleasure, and possible defense.

I have never needed them....I live in a small town, inside the city limits, and the 911 response is great here.

They will never take my guns from me...they are mine.

I don't like the law in England and Australia that saw them give up their right to bear arms...though they have some small amount ...dictated as OK.

Guns aren't the problem...people are the problem...in every argument against me owning a gun and my right to have a consealed handgun license...I have reasons to counter. Public massacres by idiots with guns, won't stop, if we don't have any guns.... They will just use something else.

I'd hate to hide my guns, I'd hate even more a goverment that would not trust me as a law abidding citizen. I don't want to be an outlaw, if they pass such a law or come for my guns.

Tell me again...why I won't resist them if they do?

I won't surrender another single thing....enough is enough...we shouldn't go there. In my opinion.

edit on 31-12-2011 by Moonatic because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by Moonatic because: can't spell

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Its always the folks from the UK that mouth away about what they had and got taken away.

Weeellll.......let toss out some UK truth.

Gun crime there is steadily climbing. Ask any officer on the street there. I know one who I speak with every so often and he says its insane. Now they are forced to deal with real criminals. With guns.

The UK is rife with gun crime. Yet the subjects (they are not citizens but subjects) tell everyone how safe they are like some brainwashed demographic that only has the thoughts of their cage keepers.

Right now there are 300,000 guns on the streets in the UK in the hands of criminals.

Anyone who wants one can buy a black market gun in the UK at any time.

And now they have sticks and stones to protect them from their predators and their govt has failed to do anything but brain wash them into believing they are safer now.

What a joke.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

The Government IS NOT on YOUR side.

You got that right.

"You are either with us..or you're with the terrorists"-George Bush Junior

In other words he is saying anybody who isn't with them will be considered "terrorists".

Only he's the real "terrorist".

Check this out..What is a terrorist?

dictionary.reference.com...

1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism. 2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others. 3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror. 4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.

I'm not a terrorist sympathizer.Far from it.But who is the terrorist?

It's simple really.Both sides think they have probable cause to attack.Both sides will do WHATEVER it takes to win that attack or war.Even if it's torture or murder or any other means they use to win.

America has no evidence against Osama Bin Laden for the 9/11 attacks and yet they invaded Afghanistan for 11 years and are still there.

America has invaded a lot of countries for what they believe is probable cause.

The "19 Arabs with box cutters" attacked America because they supposedly hated America.

So wouldn't invading another country for 11 years be considered terrorism?I'm sure the people that live there would believe so!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Me and a LOT of people may have 1 or 2 registered guns under your name, but you can easilly buy thousands of guns without any tracking to you in gun forums meeting people face to face and doing the transaction wich is legal to do, at least in Florida you don't need any paperwork done when you buy a gun from another person, cash for gun and that's it.

You can buy tactical rifles like AR15's, AK47's, sniper rifles, shotguns, handguns without the government knowing you have them, and you can buy as many magazines and ammo you want without any tracking, you can go to 4 different Walmarts and buy thousands of ammo and ey won't say a thing, pay cash and move on. It will be impossible for the government to know how many guns to do you have.

Once you own a firearm you will understand the power it gives you and why is so important to protect your second amendment rights. Protecting my family is very important to me.

Just let them try to take my guns away, it won't be pretty.
edit on 31-12-2011 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here we go stereotyping:
Cue Steve Martins czech character('Yorgie") voice:

" Yewe Americans are sooo naive"...

My Gun ownership has no effect upon you nor anybody else...No one needs fear my firearms unless they mean to relieve me or mine of our lives ..I have nothing else (nice) to say.

It is a cherished freedom in my country; guaranteed (in writing for good reason) by its founders. I will support until I have no more breath..

edit on 31-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

You don't have a clue do you?

You make it sound as if the streets are full of criminals with firearms.

300000 is nothing considering there's at least 80million people in the whole of the UK, which means that you can live and never see a gun in your life.

The UK is nothing like the US, which I'm proud of. You don't need a gun to protect your interests you just need to use your brain.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Just buy yourself a tactical crossbow. There silent. I have one and its not considered a gun, or rifle. So it doesn't have to be registered. At 350 FPS it can punch a hole right through metal at 300 yards. Great for hunting season, or even home defense.

Course most folks just want something that can hose down an area with multiple rounds. To me thats not skill. With a tactical crossbow you only need 1 bolt. Best of all its silent..

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
When you have nothing you have nothing left to lose, and the government even admits lone wolves are the most dangerous. You think a group of armed fiat salary soldiers have the same passion and drive as a group protecting their family from immediate danger? If it was so easy they would have done it a century ago. The British tried to take away everything fom the colonists and we know how that turned out. The soviet union was horible but they lost too. The western powers can not conquer afghanistan and they are less armed than america which had record gun sales according to the fbi. Trying to take all those guns away would be like trying to catch every rain drop before it hit the ground. Remember too that just about anything can be used as a weapon. Two pieces of wood connected to a chain makes numchucks, a que ball in a sock can kill someone, and a knife is more dangerous than a gun because it never runs out of bullets. Ask a marine how dangerous a kabar is. Some of the most horrendous massacres were caused not by guns or bombs but machetes.
edit on 31-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

www.youtube.com...
Not sure how to embed videos here. Point is, Glocks and Semis aren't the only thing we've got.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You are right. I will not resist... because I will already be gone weeks before it happens. I will not state HOW I will know that it is coming because as we all know, we are all being monitored. Suffice it to say that if you have any intelligence and you have been watching things like I have been for years and years you begin to see patterns when something is getting ready to happen. I am not so good as to know exactly what will happen but I will know when it is time to leave. I will be in a place where there is no human life for at least 50 miles. I remember Robert De Niro in the movie "Heat" where he said " dont ever have anything you are not willing to walk away from in 30 seconds". I dont. Oh I have a lot of beautifull valuable "stuff" as long as there IS an economy, but as soon as the economy crashes even gold will be worthless in your fight for survival. I see these people that are creating survival "groups". Ever hear of the saying " loose lips sink ships" ? The more mouths in your group the less chance for survival.
I guess what I am trying to say overall is that if you are a prepared loner, nobody knows your plans AND you are smart enough to recognise the signs, you wont have to surrender and you wont have to fight. So the subject of this thread, stating that we will not resist will not even pertain to some of us.

edit on 31-12-2011 by candcantiques because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by candcantiques because: spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

"Here you go sir! This is my great grandpa's .22 rifle he had when he was a boy. The barrel is mighty rusted and I haven't shot it in over 10 years. Oh and here is the last box of ammo I bought, its missing about 25 rounds. Have a nice day."

Easy peasy.

Hell no they are not getting my brand NEW Ruger 10/22 rifle with the M203 attachment.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Someone showing up to take your guns should be the trigger to start using them!!! If not before.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Your gonna think different when your in the street throwing rocks at the military who are killing your family!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by Shadowalker

You don't have a clue do you?

You make it sound as if the streets are full of criminals with firearms.

Right back at ya' buddy: You also seem to think think every person we meet here in the states is carrying a gun???????????????

Originally posted by DAZ21
300000 is nothing considering there's at least 80million people in the whole of the UK, which means that you can live and never see a gun in your life.

The UK is nothing like the US, which I'm proud of. You don't need a gun to protect your interests you just need to use your brain.

HMMMM; Same on this side of the "pond"! Couldn't have said it better myself; thankyou!

edit on 31-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You're absolutely right! This country will never have another revolution until we free ourselves from our material belongings. This is the reason other countries have revolutions and are able to topple regimes. Because they have nothing to lose. They don't care.

Tool Lyrics: Aenema

"Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your lawsuite and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your Prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car"

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by DAZ21

Yes I'm quite proud that we are not like you.

Brains don't work with a bullet in them.

They want my guns, there's gonna be a fight. They will pay well to take mine.

In the end perhaps I will be dead. However I have nothing to lose and will therefore be even more dangerous to them.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
lol.

Oh no, they're gonna take my guns.

About time ?

Anyone who needs a gun to defend themselves, doesn't deserve to be defended.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Let me start by saying I'm a patriot, not a terrorist. I believe in everything this country was founded on and I'm proud to be an American. America has many problems, many of which government related, but it is the right and duty of the people to protect what is most important: our freedom. The right to bear arms is the most important right we have because "the best defense against tyranny is a well armed populace".

That being said, a wise man once said "If you're coming to take my guns you'd better bring yours too". I will not stand down to a standing army, national guard, or simple police. If you plan to come into my home without my expressed consent you had better plan on dodging some bullets, regardless of what you're yelling as you come through the door. The motto "live free or die" rings true around here.

Anyone ever heard of the theory of 3%? It states that during conflict only 3% of American gun owners will stand to fight the government. 3% of American gun owners is roughly three million people, twice the size of the army. Now figure in the number of armed forces members that will defect instead of firing upon American citizens and you're looking at a pretty healthy ass kicking.

Sipsey Street Irregulars
What is a "Three Percenter"? During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Don't get me wrong, fighting the government would be pretty much inevitable death (unmanned drones, jets, napalm), but a lot of people died getting us a constitution and I bet a lot more will die defending it if the time comes.

So in response to your statement: NO, I will not back down to tyranny or any oppressor. You're welcome to go to the fema camps, I'll die with a warm gun and a pile of brass around me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join