It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you will not resist when the government comes for you or your guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Because you have too much to lose.

First of all, you will submit because you will think they ``made a mistake`` :

From the Gulag Archipelago :

"During an arrest, you think since you are not guilty, how can they arrest you? Why should you run away? And how can you resist right then? After all, you’ll only make your situation worse; you will make it more difficult for them to sort out the mistake.

But let's say that is not your case... then you will not resist because you have STUFF to lose. Let's remember that we live in a materialist society and all the crap we buy is so ``important``... Ipads, internet, car, house or whatever.

Then if you do not care about that, you will care about what you do all day... if you resist, you won't be able to go on the internet, or play sports, or watch your favorite tv show or movie or do hiking.

Even if you have given up all that and decide to resist, then the government still has one thing against you and it's the most powerful thing : your family and friends. Resist and your cousin/friend/mother will lose her home/job... your kids will be taken by CPS... your sister's kids will be taken by CPS. So to save your friends/family, you will take the fall, and you'll even be happy about it.

Don't believe me? This is what happened during the Stalin era. It will happen again. Still don't believe me? Read The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

why do you feel the need to have the power to take life???

why do you want to kill?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
double
edit on 30-12-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
or just hide your guns
i feel that if it came down to it i could lose my materialistic if the cause was strong enough.

when the TPTB finally start taking away guns we will be at the point where there is no denying of their existence and if we want to see a world with any sort of good left in it we will need to fight

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't think it will matter when it comes time to test the theory. When all is said and done, people will know that to go willingly will mean losing everything including their freedom.

It is our duty to resist and those that don't, deserve to lose everything.

Peace

edit on 30-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
yes....the government wants to take away the very things that keep our numbers down somewhat in a dramatically growing world where technology is not up to par with maintaining our current numbers on ever reducing resources....right

¿?¿?¿?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yeah, this is spot on. I have nothing to lose though, so I guess CPS would stay away from me.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Because you have too much to lose.

First of all, you will submit because you will think they ``made a mistake`` :

From the Gulag Archipelago :

"During an arrest, you think since you are not guilty, how can they arrest you? Why should you run away? And how can you resist right then? After all, you’ll only make your situation worse; you will make it more difficult for them to sort out the mistake.

But let's say that is not your case... then you will not resist because you have STUFF to lose. Let's remember that we live in a materialist society and all the crap we buy is so ``important``... Ipads, internet, car, house or whatever.

Then if you do not care about that, you will care about what you do all day... if you resist, you won't be able to go on the internet, or play sports, or watch your favorite tv show or movie or do hiking.

Even if you have given up all that and decide to resist, then the government still has one thing against you and it's the most powerful thing : your family and friends. Resist and your cousin/friend/mother will lose her home/job... your kids will be taken by CPS... your sister's kids will be taken by CPS. So to save your friends/family, you will take the fall, and you'll even be happy about it.

Don't believe me? This is what happened during the Stalin era. It will happen again. Still don't believe me? Read The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

I will submit because i don't even own a gun. They can't take away what you never had to begin with. I don't have to worry about protecting my stuff because all i have is this home built computer and my xbox 360. I never really cared to own alot of stuff because i was always a nomad and the less crap i had to haul around the easier it was to transit, i'm a practical person and it annoys the piss out of my wife.

I don't have any kids to protect, unless you count my 2 cats and dogs and theyre capable of looking after themselves.

If they want to take my life, well everyone dies its just a matter of when and how. The only thing i have that they can't take is my spirit and soul because those belong to God so if they want that, theyre going to have to come after him for it, and i'd really like to see that happen so they find out who is the real boss. See what they do when they have an angry and very pissed off Living God on their hands. It would be a very humbling experience for them.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So wheres the part where you tell me why I wont resist? And did I miss something, what makes you think they will try to make a run at our arms against the second amendment anyway? When have the US government said they are doing this?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Honestly, knowing that this will likely occur it would make me resist, run and when it occurs find the ones responsible and destroy them in the most inhumane way possible. You don't mess with family.

Just because you give up and submit doesn't mean that someone else will. Your submission only strengthens the wrongdoings by those who would disarm America and take hostage for expressing your Constitutional right.

The Dark Ages were bad, Our Future will be worse.
edit on 30-12-2011 by HellstormRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Are you sure you don’t mean why you WILL resist? Seems like I have too much to lose by NOT resisting!! If they are coming for me then I’m about to lose everything already. If ever there was a time to fight…I think that would be it.

Charlton Heston said it best.

“From my cold, dead hands”!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellstormRising

Honestly, knowing that this will likely occur it would make me resist, run and when it occurs find the ones responsible and destroy them in the most inhumane way possible. You don't mess with family.

Just because you give up and submit doesn't mean that someone else will. Your submission only strengthens the wrongdoings by those who would disarm America and take hostage for expressing your Constitutional right.

The Dark Ages never left, they've been here all along hiding under the surface. The only difference is people can read and write now but that's not going to be much longer. Notice how our education programs get worse and our kids are getting dumber and dumber every year? We are literally being dumbed down and i think it's on purpose. The education in the U.S. is like the second worst in the world and were next to Ethiopia. If you ask me i think the mexican's would probably be better of imigrating to China...
, Were about to end up the United States of China anyway.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I don't have any guns so, no resistance here...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Are you sure you don’t mean why you WILL resist? Seems like I have too much to lose by NOT resisting!! If they are coming for me then I’m about to lose everything already. If ever there was a time to fight…I think that would be it.

my sentiments exactly.
I like my crap, I've worked my whole life for it. and why would TPTB want all our crap anyway?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by HellstormRising

The Dark Ages never left, they've been here all along hiding under the surface. The only difference is people can read and write now but that's not going to be much longer. Notice how our education programs get worse and our kids are getting dumber and dumber every year? We are literally being dumbed down and i think it's on purpose. The education in the U.S. is like the second worst in the world and were next to Ethiopia. If you ask me i think the mexican's would probably be better of imigrating to China...
, Were about to end up the United States of China anyway.

Yes,
You have it so bad. Don't you.
I take it you've never been to Ethiopia.
A lot of our children are not getting dumber and dumber.
It just takes parenting. Not leaving that to the state.
We will not become the U.S of China because there are people
like me that will gladly give his life to keep that from happening.
Get a grip man. Just because your world sucks doesnt mean that
Everyone elses does too. Stop letting bs statistics persuade you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
People who understand not only the literal meaning of the words of our constitution but also the intention of the 2nd amendment (like Chuck Heson "from my cold dead hands") will probably give them some trouble.

insurance against tyranny

Best thing for defense is a shotgun. The thing that would worry Gov would be rifles.

The Mariner, has a special plating to resist damage from salty wet environment.
The Mariner

edit on 30-12-2011 by kawika because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
maybe people will not resist because your arsenal of glocks and semi-auto's won't stand a chance against a 15 man squad of highly trained, heavily armed swat teams wearing body armor.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow, just wow...

Posts like 'I have no guns, so I am ok' is just plain ignorance.

If the Government makes a run on your gun rights and starts taking them back.
What the hell are you going to fight the Government with when they overtly dictate every action of your life???

We Aussies bloody well screwed ourselves by letting our Government take our guns.
Huge mistake that was.

Don't be fooled.
There is a HUGE war coming... Let me tell you now if aren't already aware.
The Government IS NOT on YOUR side.
If YOU do NOT comply with their wishes, then you will either be FORCED to comply or suffer jail or death.

No Government wants to be overthrown, no Government wants to relinquish their power over the People.
No Government wants to lose their infinite bank accounts and millionaire life styles.

There is only one person standing between you and your freedom... Yourself.

edit on 30/12/2011 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Come and get me.

Defense is way easier than offense.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

And this is why I choose not to have guns and have alternatives. They would never be able to even GUESS all the alternative weaponry stuff I have so they may get part of it but there is stuff I am not even going to mention, they'd actually have to search my home with a warrant to even have a clue what types of things I have (some things from the middle ages).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join