It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook photos lead to child abuse arrests in Arizona

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
You have got to be kidding. 2 in one month and both separate from each other. What are they relatives? Geesh, fking people these days.

Amazing, their 20 years old too..

Stupid kids having kids.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I feel the sudden need to state that I am a ''younger parent'' and I would never even think that was OK even for a minute. People like this make all us younger parents look bad. Older couples look at me like I might as well be one of these young ''parents'' when the reality is 110% of everything I do goes to the kiddo. What these parents do doesn't just [snip] with those kids life...it [snips] with all the young families across the country who are doing everything to be a good parent.

ETA There are a lot of bad parents out there that are also younger couples. I just had to defend myself and by extension a few other young couple/good parents I know. My overall opinion is I feel the most for those kids but when there is a story like this it makes the general public look at anyone under the age 25+ with kids look like trash. People always looked at teenager parents kinda funny but now people are looking at us ...the whole young adult group...as if we all are incapable of growing the [snip] up....Heck there's a lot of not so grown up young adults smart enough not to represent our demographic this bad.
edit on 30-12-2011 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I don't really see a huge problem with this.. the kids weren't dressed indecently, were they? Sounds like a goofy photo opportunity with your kids. Of course, I don't know the context of the photos, and I haven't seen them, but it could be innocent fun, right? Is it because the duct tape hurts to take off? or what?

One of the photos showed a girl with bound hands and feet and duct tape over her mouth. What would happen if the girl was crying and her nose blocked up? She wouldn't be able to breathe. It doesn't take long to suffocate.These idiot parents were too dumb and irresponsible to forsee anything like that happening. Then you've got the less serious effects of damage to skin when the tape is taken off or maybe cut off circulation due to it being tight.

I'm all for disciplining children but carrying out such irresponsible and potentially dangerous acts as this should obviously be punished. A parent who has so little intelligence that they can't figure out a
better punishment shouldn't be a parent.
edit on 30-12-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by crazydaisy
At least Facebook has paid off in
a good way this time. If they had
not posted the pics no one would
probably know the danger the
children were in. This is definitely
child abuse - adults always attack
the innocent. Must make them feel
like big shots or something. So
sad, glad the babies are in a new
home.

Its duct tape on a child, not hot coals on their feet. Duct tape is definitely not a good thing for children of this age as a joke but I think people are exasperating this situation quite a bit.

Also it should be noted the children are still with family members. Where do you think the parents got their ideas from in the first place? Way to go child services!

Really?? I completely do not get where you are coming from! Did you miss the part in the source article where one of the photos showed one of the children duct taped and hanging upside down from an exercise machine, or the fact that the investigators found more photos in the home and said that the children had terrified looks on their faces? It is WRONG to duct tape the hands, feet, and mouth of your children! Hot coals or not, that is child abuse PERIOD!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Funny? Take look....here are some other instances of this...anyone who thinks this is funny should think again
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sick world we are living in with sick people!

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What is wrong with those people!!!!!!!!!!

Duct tape is way too difficult to remove.

They should use something like first aid tape. That way if the cops roll up you can quickly let them loose.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TRILL

You sure about that?

These people do horrendous things to their children all the time. YouTube and Facebook are rife with images of children "booty" dancing, posing with liquor bottles, drug paraphernalia, stacks of cash, even with firearms in unsuitable and dangerous ways.

To this class of parent it wouldnt surprise me at all if duct tapping your kid and posting it was for them "planking" in practice.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
What is wrong with those people!!!!!!!!!!

Duct tape is way too difficult to remove.

They should use something like first aid tape. That way if the cops roll up you can quickly let them loose.

That's so funny....NOT funny!! Please tell me you don't have any children of your own!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

I have two kids, KT and Joe. KT is grown up and on her own. She works as a nurse asst at one of the VA homes for vets. Joe is an Eagle scout and in college. My kids were taught at a young age to behave well. And they were great kids and are great young adults now.

I think people should have to pass a test and get a license to have kids. There are quite a few unqualified people having kids these days.

Do you have kids?
edit on 30-12-2011 by kawika because: just because

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

You are right! It's not the age of the parent that's the issue. There are many young parents that are very good parents! Like you, my first child was born when I was 18. Young or not, I was and still am an excellent parent who cares about the care and well being of my children above all else. Don't let anybody put you down because you are young. Child abusers come in all ages, and their age is not the issue. Keep up the good work!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm seriously starting to wonder if this isn't the tip of a very large iceberg.

The fact that people see nothing wrong in it to the extent that they're prepared to put pictures on Facebook has really given me pause for thought.

It's appalling. Not just the restriction of movement, not just the fact that it might hurt when the tape is removed but kids have no idea how long they're going to be left like that.

Time goes slowly for little ones and they don't have the ability to 'project' into the future the way adults or older kids do. They can't think 'Oh, I'll just keep still, this might only last for half an hour'. As far as they're concerned that's the rest of their lives that they might be like that, with no hope of escape.

How long before it really is the rest of one of their lives?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I do. They are the center of my world. It's hard for me to even comprehend how people can hurt their children. Something is seriously wrong in our society!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
I'm seriously starting to wonder if this isn't the tip of a very large iceberg.

The fact that people see nothing wrong in it to the extent that they're prepared to put pictures on Facebook has really given me pause for thought.

It's appalling. Not just the restriction of movement, not just the fact that it might hurt when the tape is removed but kids have no idea how long they're going to be left like that.

Time goes slowly for little ones and they don't have the ability to 'project' into the future the way adults or older kids do. They can't think 'Oh, I'll just keep still, this might only last for half an hour'. As far as they're concerned that's the rest of their lives that they might be like that, with no hope of escape.

How long before it really is the rest of one of their lives?

So true! Also, something tells me that if this is going on, there is probably more abuse going on that isn't being posted on Facebook.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Facebook... exposing the morons of society, daily.

If someone feels comfortable posting pics of their children bound with duct tape... or anything else, it really makes you wonder what goes on that they don't let people know about. Poor kids. I hope they get a better life.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don''t know what to say, in general I agree it's not cool to duct tape your children, and depending on the situation it could definitely be abusive... but... uhm.. my own child used to duct tape himself up lol. So I'd say it really depends on what was going on, was it used as punishment or were they goofing around?

The funniest one was when he and his sister used duct tape to create Halloween costumes. I walked in the room and freaked out, then realized they were working together to make costumes and not taping each other up in anger.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Somehow I think that kids horsing around is a lot different from parents punishing their kids that way or taping up their babies just to show off on facebook.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I reserve judgement as I know how shady Child Services is and how stupid and infantile human beings can be. I would like to see the evidence funny they didn't show it (MSM) typical. I used to tie my kids up playing with them (Cowboys and Indians) they tied me and their step sister back too, when we were the Indians (With jump rope.). Get a grip people, it could have been duck tape on their diapers and some shmuck called because they are infantile....I seen that happen before (SAME STORY) the caller said they were "Ducktaped to the bed". That was a total lie...it was in the news too. Not personal, I heard it through the news and the parents won the case. So I would like to see pics or hate to say it "Didn't happen"!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It is not ok.

That is crossing the line...

Besides duct tape is too expensive

If I ever was is someone's home and they had their children bound and gagged, I would call the police immediately.....They might even get their arse attacked by a madman.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I've also seen where cops spin tales too...am I the only one?
Can't be. No, I know for a fact first hand that cops lie and CPS workers lie through their teeth every single chance they get. Also the kid may have been hanging upsidedown on her own.

I will be watching to see what becomes of this. It's funny the other article showed a pic, yet this one didn't?

I sniff a little bit of a reactionary story to a thing that was blown out of proportion by some shlep. Also Duck tape is not hard to get off you get it wet and it comes off.
At least all the ducttape I used on my car hood (convertible) did the first time it rained and it wasn't the cheap stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join