It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook photos lead to child abuse arrests in Arizona

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yup. I am originally from Michigan. I have read that Michigan has an unusually high percentage of the population either incarcerated or on probation. Probation means they let you stay out of jail but squeeze all the money out of you every month to support the state. People tend to think that the system is fair and if someone is arrested they are guilty. This may not be the case. Plenty of good people being arrested for no good reason these days other than to keep the machine of bureaucracy alive.

Graph on wikipage
edit on 30-12-2011 by kawika because: added link

We're number one!
edit on 30-12-2011 by kawika because: another graph...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

unless of course it is a joke and the children didnt mind taking part. I dont give a crap what people, as long as their is consent.

oh and dont poison my water

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

unless of course it is a joke and the children didnt mind taking part. I dont give a crap what people, as long as their is consent.

oh and dont poison my water

So what age are the children able to give their consent to take part? Can a 2 year old and 10 month old consent to take part in being duck taped?? I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My dad duct taped me when I was about 4 or 5, I thought it was amazing how strong that tape was. He played around and stalled a little once I asked to be let loose, but it wasn't a huge ordeal. It's one of my most fond moments of childhood actually.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So I checked out their FaceBook Pages, I think they are the right people, they were from Arizona, but all their stuff is private so only their friends can see their photos, etc, don't know if that was done after the fact or if they always had it private. Hmmmm. Interesting.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm strongly and passionately against so-called ''negative eugenics''. ie. forcibly sterilising an innocent person because he or she possesses societally deemed deleterious genetics.

However, recently, I'm more and more favouring the sterilisation of criminals, delinquents and weirdos - such as the accused in these cases - based upon their previous actions which strongly indicate that they should not be bringing any more people into the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Some comments on here make me wonder if adults whose children have grown have forgotten exactly how sensitive and prone to rashes a small child's skin is. And for a baby under two, the skin is very delicate and thin. What kind of human being would think of covering a ten month old infant's mouth with anything for any reason, excluding medical issues? I have a pretty wacky sense of humor and have lived among the craziest bunch of pranksters you'd ever want to meet and none of us would find this sort of thing funny, not even the guys who haven't had kids yet. If there is any justice the two small children will someday have the job of arranging for the care of their elderly parents. Will the parents still think it funny when the attendants at a cut rate institution duct tape their mouths and hands and hang them upside down for giggles?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Yeah it's not so bad when you are four or five and goofing around with your family. One of these was a baby and the other was a pre schooler. That is not old enough to give consent and definitely not old enough to take the pull of duct tape on their skin. I do think we all have stories of crazy roughhousing with parents and siblings but this is not one of those things the kids will look back on and laugh about if they end up able to remember it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I swear, I am really getting disturbed by people's reactions! Some of you actually think it is OK to duct tape a child (especially the mouth) and hang them upside down?

It's actually very dangerous taping up their mouths.

When children cry, their noses tend to run. If their nose blocks up, they will not be able to breathe.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
More fun with duct tape.

Kids and things taped to the wall

Kid taped to wall

Looks like these 2 were on drugs. At least we can see the photos.

Still looking for AZ photos.

K

There are so many!
Duct tape, when you just can't get a sitter

Bing image search
edit on 30-12-2011 by kawika because: Added 2 links

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Had an argument with a friend over duct taping children's hands together. I think it's cruel and unusual. So does she.

But then I said it's similar to tying a kids sleeves together. She flew off the handle. She couldn't fathom how I could even compare the two. I had to explain that as a form of punishment it does the same thing which is restrict movement. I told her I've seen far worse, and if a kid is old enough to understand punishment for doing something wrong, tying their sleeves together and then telling them that if they misbehave that's what happens, is not child abuse, it's discipline. Plus, you're not going to leave your kid like that. The point is to do it, tell them that this is what happens, ask them if they are going to do it again until they say no, then untie their sleeves. Is THAT child abuse?

I once was at a friend's home who's child was misbehaving. "Stop it or I'll put you in the garage." Kid kept misbehaving. "I'm only telling you one more time. Stop it or I'm putting you in the garage." Kid didn't stop. He picked up his kid, walked to the garage door, opened it up, put the kid down and closed the door. There was screaming for ten seconds before he opened up the door and asked his child if he was going to keep misbehaving. Kid said no, he let him come out. Kid didn't misbehave anymore. Is THAT child abuse?

My mother's form of discipline when I was younger was to slap me across the face. Is THAT child abuse? I hated it, and looking back I think I much rather would have had my sleeves tied together.

Posting pictures of your kids being disciplined is where the problem even makes itself known. But is posting the pictures wrong because of what someone else might interpret, or is it wrong because you're pretty much bullying your kid and humiliating someone who can't defend themselves? And I don't mean these particular pictures in this case. I mean any recording of parents disciplining their child.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Shoot, years ago a father could molest his daughter, then, when her mother tried to drown her for screaming "rape" - the only thing that happened was the family was kicked out of the semi-private club. If there was a CPS, it sure wasn't like the crooked agency we have today.

A mom would tape her kids mouths shut all day, every day saying "a child should be seen and not heard".

A mom would tie the children in the beds at naptime to prevent them from getting up and going to the bathroom.

A mom would use dog leashes on her children to go shopping.

And that was only the the tip of the iceberg.

The difference today is these same type of parents put pictures of their abuse on the Internet.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

a 2 year old? yes.

a 10 month old? I guess that depends on how advanced this 10 month old is. can they communicate?

All i know is, growing up, me and my brothers used to duct tape each other and then prove our strength by busting out of it.
It wasnt THAT big of a deal.

Im not trying to defend these people. More than likely they are morons. And more than likely they did this in an abusive way.

Im just trying to defend consent, under any circumstances, not specifically related to this one.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
I don't really see a huge problem with this.. the kids weren't dressed indecently, were they? Sounds like a goofy photo opportunity with your kids. Of course, I don't know the context of the photos, and I haven't seen them, but it could be innocent fun, right? Is it because the duct tape hurts to take off? or what?

Would you think it was fun having someone more then twice your size duck tape your wrists and ankles and put tape over your mouth without your permission? You would be scared and i know it feels very very bad when your movements are restricted by force as my ex husband used to do that to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by britelite1971

I reserve judgement as I know how shady Child Services is and how stupid and infantile human beings can be. I would like to see the evidence funny they didn't show it (MSM) typical. I used to tie my kids up playing with them (Cowboys and Indians) they tied me and their step sister back too, when we were the Indians (With jump rope.). Get a grip people, it could have been duck tape on their diapers and some shmuck called because they are infantile....I seen that happen before (SAME STORY) the caller said they were "Ducktaped to the bed". That was a total lie...it was in the news too. Not personal, I heard it through the news and the parents won the case. So I would like to see pics or hate to say it "Didn't happen"!

Your talking here about children to young to even know whats happening certainly not playing with their parents.What you are talking about it totally different and i would think not 10 month olds. it is painful and scary to be bound tight and unable to move or talk and barely breath.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I really don't think that's old enough to give consent. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this photo of parents tying their kids up?

i.imgur.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I said for all you know or anyone knows there could have been a strip of ducktape on the pampers, and someone said a total lie...it has happened before and the parents won the case, the pamper was duck taped cause even though they were expensive to buy the damn things sometimes come apart (has happpened to me) and the parent use ducktape to keep it shut and then a dumbass neighbor called CPS saying the kid was ducktaped to the bed but I guess you missed that whole part of the post.

I don't see any pics and in other cases we saw the pics so right now I can see BS and smell it too. It stinks to high hell.too.
edit on 30-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

edit on 30-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: wrong acronym, lord

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Has anyone seen this photo of parents tying their kids up?

i.imgur.com...

Well those kids are older...so they probably knew it was a joke...however with this case I would like to see evidence. In mostly all other cases there have been photos posted, here they are not, I even checked the parents' Face Book, but I couldn't get into see pics as it is set to private both accounts, which could have been done after the whole mess because of harassment, etc. I just would like to see some evidence, I have heard a lot of ludicrous crap made up by vengeful retarded infantile adults to CPS and I have seen a lot of times cops go right along with the ludicrous accusations even siting "evidence" that never existed. I'll be following this as closely as possible, to see what is the core truth of the matter. (that is why I am reserving judgement)
edit on 30-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

It breaks my heart to know that as the new year begins, the world is getting sicker and sicker. People attempting to justify this behaviour, it can only get worse.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join