It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think I Now Believe In UFO's!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

Actually, although dilly could possibly have put it better, he is basically right. Eye-witness testimony is actually considered extremely unreliable, and it is especially so in situations where the witness is unfamiliar with what they are observing - which would be the case in a UFO sighting.

Don't believe me? How about a cop?

Related links:
Eyewitness memory

USAF doc about WITNESS INTERVIEWS

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asgardian
What i still don't understand about people saying UFO's aren't "real" is why they seem to "forget" what UFO means.

If I see a damn bird in the air that i don't recognise as a bird at first (or anything else for that matter), it's a UFO.

UFO doesn't mean it's a "OMG an Alien Spaceship w00t" !!!...

So yeah...every single day I see UFO's, didn't get the chance to see a spaceship yet thoug...

You seem to have missed that this guy saw a UFO that exhibited certain characteristics that rule out a number of things.

There are UFO's by the strict definition then there are object that are unidentified but appear under intelligent control and perform in ways that don't match capabilities of known craft. It seems to me this is what the op has described.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

I have had one sighting when I was approximately 8y old, together with my family.
As a child I experienced it as something beautiful and exciting.
I found it very strange when I grew up that the adults mainly refused to speak about that event later on.
I mean, nobody said it didn't happen, but it made them obviously uncomfortable to talk about it.
So 30years later I came to witness another strange event.
I'm one of those who saw a star suddenly start moving.
I have no idea why, but as an adult, I experienced this as something shocking.

Love your screen name btw, Minor Threat are the heroes of my youth.
edit on 30-12-2011 by derpif because: (no reason given)

Coming from a different culture the discomfort with the UFO subject is distinctly american / western. Something about the way the subject is approached in the media here has everybody convinced that you "have to be crazy to believe in UFO's" so you are supposed to be afraid of ridicule if you bring the subject up. Meanwhile another side of the media promotes the subject, but under a framework of nothing but entertainment. There are few but notable exceptions to that, Larry King comes to mind.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
UFO's are as real as the people you and I see everyday, the big event has yet to come into focus. Seek the truth and the truth will set you free.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Well I guess its just the world we live in where a persons word doesnt count for as much as it should. Peoples lies, deciet and self obsession has caused them to believe everyone else is the same if not worse.

Its a shameful world we have created.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
UFOs and Higher Intelligence beings are 100% real, Welcome!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I am lurker when it comes to this site- and only ever log in when I come across threads such as this to contribute too.

Answer to your question is ME

Time: 8:16pm onwards
Date:4 th october 2009

Description:

Orange orb/diamondy shaped which looked to be in an unstable state as though it was on fire. I observed it moving over the tops of the houses, then watched it for more than 5 mins hovering silent and stationary over us. Another wierd thing was that it was dropping what can only be described as hot blobs or for a better description hot molten metal ' Slag' . It started to move away from us but staying with in sight one street up from us. I don't know where they landed, possibly near the weverly Pub on new brinsworth road.

It was hovering over the housing estate, very unstable in state.. it then propusled itself straight upto the heavens (speed was steady and easily trackable very constant) object gained its ideal height within a matter of 30-50 secs, we tracked the orange ball which turned a faint red dot as it increased in height. Then only describe seeing random red dots in a confined area where it headed.The red random dots went out and we were presented with the disc shaped object.

Now we werent really paying much attention to see If anything else was lurking around up there, until we was tracking it to were it flew upto. I imagine this 'ship' Ufo whatever you want to call it was waiting for this orange ball to finish doing whatever it was doing/ It is transporting these things- I cant get my head around this it just can be military and it cant be explained!

The craft Descrition quiet simply:

Described as, you know how they portray your classic disc shaped ”UFO” objects on hollywood movies, it was exactly the same. It was a smokey grey didnt seem to reflect on anythin contrasted nicely in the night sky, The object was a fair size given the height of which it was flying, slowly cruised over the m1 motorway towards sheffield as it did so a number of things were observed -

1. it disappeared then reappeared (stealth)

2. it tilted on its side looked as though it was speeding up as it went out of sight, I did it little digging because I found this to be very strange from what I saw and came across this: Lazar .

- Lazar said when they take off (Hi Speed Operation) out of sight the disk will first tilt on its side and focus the three gravity generators to a fixed point.

Continued....
After seeing all this to add to the drama 20 mins later a merlin military helicopter circuled the village for around 3 minutes or so then headed in the direction of the craft over the M1 motorway.

The first part of my description might make you say it was a chinese lantern without looking at the second part. T
The huge amount of advertising for chinese lanterns these days on TV whether adverts Include for HSBC Banking to and insurance car companies to the new O2 phones advert which basically making references to setting these things off and also makes the audience used to seeing these. This makes more sense to me than anyone else, because we all know the television is a brainwashing product and has a huge affect on its views...

It got me thinking after seeing all this on 4th October what they are doing is Muddying the waters for sightings that I saw basically anything that resembles a chinese lantern 100% has to be one NO QUESTIONS ASKED! - but Im living proof that is not the case! Or at least for now .

Me and my twin brother are two very lucky people and it was our time to see something as special even though we had no photos or videos its in our minds- and it will never be forgotten.

All I can say to anyone one that reads, you've read something that happened so In a way you've experienced it too

Peace all!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius

Well I guess its just the world we live in where a persons word doesnt count for as much as it should. Peoples lies, deciet and self obsession has caused them to believe everyone else is the same if not worse.

Its a shameful world we have created.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that all witness testimony is totally unreliable. It depends on the situation, the witness and the type of detail the witness is trying to recall.

In general, the worst cases are the ones where the witness is in an unfamiliar situation, or witnessing something unusual. Many UFO cases (any case where an object is seen in the sky and/or at night) would fit into this category, and so could something like a car crash, since most people don't see them all the time, and they happen very quickly.

Lets say that person A hits person B, and some independent witnesses a few feet away see it all unfold. In a case like this, there would be no reason to distrust witness testimony, since it's a familiar situation, and a black eye or broken rib supports the testimony.

It's not a world we have created, so much as our own human limitations that dictate what should be considered reliable

Although there are exceptions, people in general have poor memories that are easily "polluted", and they can even change with time. The human mind is a complex thing, and we still don't know exactly how it works. What we do know, and it's not hard to prove, is that the mind distorts what we perceive as reality, in many ways, some of them subtle, but some of them not so subtle.

People like Derren Brown who understand some of the quirks of the human mind, are a good demonstration of how easily the mind is manipulated or fooled, and just how suggestible we are...

I know there is a lot of lies and deceit in this world, but some witness testimony can be wrong whilst the witness is being totally genuine and completely believes what they are recounting is true.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

2 years and counting still know what I saw- in 10 years time if Im still here I will still say the same thing- never changed my story in the 2 years since seeing what I saw- They are keeping something from us, mark my words!

And dont mistake my story for most crap you read on here - about 'i saw a blue red or white light' even I know that could be easily explained !but Mine far from explainable
edit on 12-1-2012 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Welcome to the club. You won't be disappointed. History will show that UFO believers were not nuts at all.

The universe is teeming with life.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You just stepped into the world of warmongers and Tesla and not just another UFO sighting.
You can step back if you like.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Congratulations on your first sighting!

What I do wonder is that why do people need to see the UFO first hand before they believe it themselves? There are already countless people here starting a thread stating that they finally believe in UFOs because of what they saw. Still a lot of those who haven't seen them do not learn from the experience of others. Eyewitness account is very credible and with the countless of eyewitnesses we have here in ATS, a vast majority should believe in UFOs by now.

This is a VERY bad philosophy. Believing in ANYTHING you read/watch on the nternet (or anywhere else) is just mad. Even if you read a different story leading to the same connclusion 100 times, it is still mad to believe in it. I read plenty of articles on UFOs, Aliens etc... and not a single one of them (nor all of them taken together) could provide me with certain proof of a visitation. In fact when you go deep into subject of the UFOs and Aliens, there seem to be quite a few theories (and "facts") each leading to a different conclusion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join