It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think I Now Believe In UFO's!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld
ok so i have no video or anything, only thing i have is my word.
So first of all, i work as a soccer referee on my free time. Today i was in Hawthorne CA doing some soccer games like i regularly do on Thursdays. these soccer games are "indoor soccer", they are played on tennis courts outside. (indoor soccer simply means 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6 instead of regularly 11 vs 11)
So the soccer game i was doing (around 8:35pm) was pretty boring, score was 7-1 so it was a very uneven match, which made my mind and eyes wander somewhere else. I was facing South when i suddenly see a light move VERY fast, a lot faster than anything iv'e ever seen before so i knew it wasn't a plane. The single "light" moved from East to West, back East, back West, STOPPED for about half a second then took off West and suddenly vanished.
It was AMAZING. nothing iv'e ever seen before. I heard a kid say from the far "mommy did you see the shooting star?", so i knew i wasn't "trippin" or "just in my head". it made me giggle. i was startled, amazed, sensational, happy and so many other ways i was feeling that moment.
I don't know what it was. since i can't identify the object and i doubt anyone can, simply by the way it was moving, makes it and "Unidentified Flying Object".
Anyone seen/experience anything similar?

I don't even have my word, all I have is my soul. Let my soul present itself in word. I don't have any brain. All I have is my soul...

What you saw is most likely a shooting star, aliens don't...show....them....sel.v.e.s.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigDuke
Not doubting your story/post but you state it was "indoor soccor" so did you see this out a window?
Just want to make sure of the situation.

"Indoor soccer" is suppose to be played inside (usually in gyms, size of" field" is the similar to the size of a basketball court)
BUT their is soccer leagues that play them on grass, tennis courts, outdoor basketball courts.
what matters here is the size of field and # of players.
Regular size of soccer field is 90-120 yards (11 vs 11, minimum of players is 7, including goal keeper), or depending on the soccer league you work for
"indoor soccer" is about 20-35 yards. (usually 5 vs 5 or 6vs 6, minimum number of players, MOST of time 4) that also varies on the soccer league you're giving service to.
if you know about soccer, "indoor soccer" rules differ....
-"throw in's" are kicked
-no "offside"
-NO slide tackles/sliding

In spanish its called" futbol rapido", if that helps.
iv'e heard it in Brasil being called "Boja Bonito"
very vague do i remember.

Edit: Redundant?

edit on 30-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So first of all, i work as a soccer referee on my free time. Today i was in Hawthorne CA doing some soccer games like i regularly do on Thursdays. these soccer games are "indoor soccer", they are played on tennis courts outside. (indoor soccer simply means 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6 instead of regularly 11 vs 11)
So the soccer game i was doing (around 8:35pm) was pretty boring, score was 7-1 so it was a very uneven match, which made my mind and eyes wander somewhere else. I was facing South when i suddenly see a light move VERY fast, a lot faster than anything iv'e ever seen before so i knew it wasn't a plane. The single "light" moved from East to West, back East, back West, STOPPED for about half a second then took off West and suddenly vanished.
It was AMAZING. nothing iv'e ever seen before. I heard a kid say from the far "mommy did you see the shooting star?", so i knew i wasn't "trippin" or "just in my head". it made me giggle. i was startled, amazed, sensational, happy and so many other ways i was feeling that moment.
I don't know what it was. since i can't identify the object and i doubt anyone can, simply by the way it was moving, makes it and "Unidentified Flying Object".

Sorry, everyone's word means nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

I don't even have my word, all I have is my soul. Let my soul present itself in word. I don't have any brain. All I have is my soul...

What you saw is most likely a shooting star, aliens don't...show....them....sel.v.e.s.

OMG a shooting star? let me make a wish! -__-
w.h.e.n d.i.d i. e.v.e.r m.e.n.t.i.o.n A.L.I.E.N.S?
sir?
if you can show me an OBJECT/THING/BEING OR ANYTHING CAPABLE OF DOING SUCH THING i will be glad to call it by it's name, not a UFO.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Given that black ops has been working with electrogravitics for over 50 years, I will say that UFO's both exists and are primarily Human in origin. Though I do think there are ET craft involved as well.

(For more about electrogravitics and why it was pulled into black ops in the late 1950's see My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have never seen a UFO but,I do belive in them. It is neat that you saw one. I Know they have to exist because,The universe is far too big for me to think there is not life else where. So many people say they see things.You are lucky enogh to be one of them. I can not wait to see one also!!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i actually didn't see one, but heard one. i woke up just before sunrise, when the sky was a dark/light transparent blue and heard a steady droning sound.

i could tell it was moving because of the change of intensity of the droning as it went by. it was very low, but over cloud cover. it went right over my head. when i looked out the balconey i couldn't see it, but could track it with my ears.

it gave me the impression is was scanning the area like a war of the world type ship, trying to locate something.

and i also sensed that it was aware that i was aware of it. who knows what happens at 4:00 in the morning when everybody is sleeping.

when i heard it, it reminded me of a sentinel drone in the matrix. the more i think of it, it seemed to be patrolling more than anything else. it could have been an acoustic scan.

i can tell you it definitely wasn't an airplane or a helicopter, they don't make the kind of droning sound i heard.

i'm not saying it was a ufo, but it could also have been advanced military equipment/technology being tested out on the population.

maybe it was an acoustic scan that can produce detailed images of the interior of buildings, like the cell phone device in the batman movie, the dark knight.

all i can say i definitely heard it since it woke me up. it was not a threat since i wasn't a threat, but it did detect me.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I've seen one up close, as in close enough I could have shot it, but yes, I've also seen the "shooting star" type. I went outside to smoke a cigarette one day (during daylight hours) and noticed a bright ball of light flying through the sky at a very fast speed. Jets occasionally fly over my house, and it was smaller and much faster. Plus, it was just a ball. No wings or anything, just this glowing ball of light. I watched it until it was obscured by trees; no erratic movements, just a straight line.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Appreciate the story, but let me point out that there is no 'belief' in UFO's anymore, UFO's are here and around us everyday and recognised by many governments and high standing scientists, it is now down to the question of what or who is inside them.

My belief is that they are hugely secret (not even presidents and priministers know of their real purpose)experimental military aircraft, but believe what you will, it comes down to what you have seen with your own eyes wether you believe them to be terrestrial or extra terrestrial.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Since when does someones word mean nothing? Do people not get convincted of a crime by eyewitness reports alone? Without a witness a case is very shaky and in the favor of the perpetrator.

So tell me, from where does your belief come that a persons word means nothing?

Personally I value a persons word more than evidence, it tells you allot about that person and their goals and you can use your own intelligence to ascertain the truth.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

What I do wonder is that why do people need to see the UFO first hand before they believe it themselves? There are already countless people here starting a thread stating that they finally believe in UFOs because of what they saw. Still a lot of those who haven't seen them do not learn from the experience of others.

wavemaker, I have always thought this was so interesting. What does it take to create belief? it's an interesting thought..why does one believe so willingly and others are so against this?

anyway, my sighting took place in Sedona...there were about 10 of us, camping and we all saw the same thing. looked like a shooting star at first...but the way it moved was interesting because it looked just like a rock skipping on water. it skipped across the sky for a few seconds like that, going east to west, then stopped. we couldn't really see the craft (??) itself but you could see the trail it left in the sky. at that time, it was kinda glittery and light, with irregular edges. it just seemed like an odd shooting star at that point. then in a 45 degree angle, it shot off going northeast. the thing about it was the quickness in its movements, but more importantly, the streak of light it left in its path. it was like a laser might look, square-edges, definite. completely different from the trail it had left when it was skipping... and then it was gone, along with the light. all of us gasped in unison, followed by a chorus of "did you see THAT?"
I will never forget that, or the feeling I had afterward. the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and it was a feeling as though we were not alone. very odd, but in a way, comforting.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

May I suggest, that the "droning" sound that you heard, could have been the droning engine sound of a low flying blimp.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I've seen something similar, unable to identify it...

cool avatar, Wasted Youth at the Hollywood Paladium circa 1980 or 81. I was there...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Congratulations on your first sighting!

What I do wonder is that why do people need to see the UFO first hand before they believe it themselves? There are already countless people here starting a thread stating that they finally believe in UFOs because of what they saw. Still a lot of those who haven't seen them do not learn from the experience of others. Eyewitness account is very credible and with the countless of eyewitnesses we have here in ATS, a vast majority should believe in UFOs by now.

because those people might be fake, longing attention. or even paid to do so of the sake of a conspiracy.

just thinking out loud.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyote66

Congratulations on your first sighting!

What I do wonder is that why do people need to see the UFO first hand before they believe it themselves? There are already countless people here starting a thread stating that they finally believe in UFOs because of what they saw. Still a lot of those who haven't seen them do not learn from the experience of others. Eyewitness account is very credible and with the countless of eyewitnesses we have here in ATS, a vast majority should believe in UFOs by now.

because those people might be fake, longing attention. or even paid to do so of the sake of a conspiracy.

just thinking out loud.

it's actually good that you think that way.

like i said, all i have is my word.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
I've seen one up close, as in close enough I could have shot it, but yes, I've also seen the "shooting star" type. I went outside to smoke a cigarette one day (during daylight hours) and noticed a bright ball of light flying through the sky at a very fast speed. Jets occasionally fly over my house, and it was smaller and much faster. Plus, it was just a ball. No wings or anything, just this glowing ball of light. I watched it until it was obscured by trees; no erratic movements, just a straight line.

The ISS is quite bright and visible in daytime.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The area offshore from Los Angeles is a prime aerospace testing ground. Looking south from Hawthorne you may be in just the right position to see things.

There are obviously many aerospace companies in south bay LA and most importantly there's the Navy's San Nicholas island. www.globalsecurity.org...

I think the most likely explanation is that you saw a missile test, or a missile target going in circles.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
I was outside having a smoke one night about 8 years ago
and I noticed a strange satellite snaking through the sky heading
north to south. I could clearly see the object weaving in a regular pattern
as it passed bye stars.

It's not actually that strange to see a satellite doing this. I've seen it a few times myself. It's actually an optical illusion similar to or related to the autokinetic effect.

It looked like a helicopters
search light but there was no sound at all. This bright light then accelerated upwards in a
slight arc until it was so small we could'nt see it anymore.

I could be wrong, since I was not there with you when you saw it, but If you looked up and saw an Iridium flare at near peak brightness, followed by the "fading" phase of a flare, it's possible it might give the appearance of something heading off into the distance, and getting fainter (smaller).

We interpret bright lights as being big/close, and dim lights as being far off/distant .

Therefore changes in brightness could be mistakenly perceived as something moving, when it is not (apart from orbiting earth!). In this case, fading from bright to dim, would look like something going from being big to being small - ie moving away.

Some Iridium flares can be as bright as a crescent moon. If you go to heavens-above and enter your location, then go back to the home page and click on the "Iridium Flares next 24 hrs" link, you can find out when flares will be visible from your location.

The more negative the magnitude value of the flare, the brighter it will be. Look for a -8 or a -9 ideally, but -7 is still quite bright. Note that for the most accurate predictions, you need to give as accurate a location as you can.

Have a go at observing some bright flares, and see if it looks anything like what you saw.

It seemed to be quite low and it's angle of decent was similar to that of an aircraft landing.
It had a long red fire tail and inside I noticed a small blue flame, like a bunsen burner.
The fireball made a snapping and crackling sound and blueish/white sparks were shooting out of it
I saw and heard the sparks at the same time suggesting to me that it was very low and close.
It was heading from east to west and probably plopped into the southern ocean if it was a meteorite.
But as I said this was large and slow on a fairly shallow level of decent. :puz

It's not unusual that a bright fireball will look very bright, and as I explained above, people nearly always interpret bright as being big/close. A bright meteor can easily be brighter than a full moon. I looked in detail at just one example on my thread here, and there is a further example I recently added on the last page of the thread.

We actually know that bright (or luminous) meteors must be far away, since in order to be luminous, they must be traveling well above the speed of sound. Any object traveling above the speed of sound would create sonic booms that would certainly be heard if it were close by.

There is also another mechanism by which we can hear sounds from meteors - “electrophonic” sounds as they are called, travel to the listener at the speed of light, so the meteoroid could be 100 km away and you'd still have the sounds matching what you are seeing.

Source: The American Meteor Society

Could it have been around August the 12th or 13th? It sounds possible from your description, that it might have been a Perseid meteor shower member, which peaks around those dates, but can still produce fireballs for a few days either side those dates.

Continued in following post....

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
You mentioned the trajectory seemed odd, and yes, they can be very deceiving. I've seen meteors (and yes it's possible to positively identify a meteor if you know what you are doing) that look like they are shooting up from the ground, and even on occasion meteors that look like they were not moving at all.

If you take into account that we live on a large sphere, and that meteors are actually much higher up in the atmosphere, and further away than they appear, the odd seeming trajectory is easier to understand. Perspective also plays a large part.

Have you ever seen the moon when it's just rising, and it's still very low down on the horizon? It's not really just hovering above the horizon is it?

It's actually quite a long way away too, although it looks like it's "just above the trees in the distance"... meteors are not much different in this respect.

Thanks for sharing your observations. The fireball especially sounds like a really nice one

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm glad you got to see your fist UFO..I spend allot of time outside in the summer at night and have seen about 3 UFOs over the years ..I did manage to get a pic of one of them...www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join