It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think I Now Believe In UFO's!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
ok so i have no video or anything, only thing i have is my word.
So first of all, i work as a soccer referee on my free time. Today i was in Hawthorne CA doing some soccer games like i regularly do on Thursdays. these soccer games are "indoor soccer", they are played on tennis courts outside. (indoor soccer simply means 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6 instead of regularly 11 vs 11)
So the soccer game i was doing (around 8:35pm) was pretty boring, score was 7-1 so it was a very uneven match, which made my mind and eyes wander somewhere else. I was facing South when i suddenly see a light move VERY fast, a lot faster than anything iv'e ever seen before so i knew it wasn't a plane. The single "light" moved from East to West, back East, back West, STOPPED for about half a second then took off West and suddenly vanished.
It was AMAZING. nothing iv'e ever seen before. I heard a kid say from the far "mommy did you see the shooting star?", so i knew i wasn't "trippin" or "just in my head". it made me giggle. i was startled, amazed, sensational, happy and so many other ways i was feeling that moment.
I don't know what it was. since i can't identify the object and i doubt anyone can, simply by the way it was moving, makes it and "Unidentified Flying Object".

Anyone seen/experience anything similar?

edit on 30-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Congratulations on your first sighting!

What I do wonder is that why do people need to see the UFO first hand before they believe it themselves? There are already countless people here starting a thread stating that they finally believe in UFOs because of what they saw. Still a lot of those who haven't seen them do not learn from the experience of others. Eyewitness account is very credible and with the countless of eyewitnesses we have here in ATS, a vast majority should believe in UFOs by now.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

i think now you will see loads more
so keep your eyes on the skies

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

well iv'e always wanted to believe in them. when people asked me if i believe in them (before yesterday) i would always answer that i believe that we aren't the only ones in this universe.
i came home from work today and told my whole family in a very sensational matter, they looked at me and asked me if i was smoking pot again.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I'm happy for your first experience many trippy unexplained things up their

I remember the first real ufo (as in unexplainable) I saw my full being seemed to be resonating and I had a sudden urge to run about like a madman happily screaming what I saw

then again I was a little drunk hehe

but keep looking up
it's the only way to see them and you'd be suprised how many people just don't do that these days

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Congrats

When I saw my first, I was blown away!
But then I have seen more and more, and it's always fun to wonder about what it was.
Just remember to be skeptic, also your own sightings :-)

But keep looking, as the other poster said, you will see them again

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

I'm happy for your first experience many trippy unexplained things up their

I remember the first real ufo (as in unexplainable) I saw my full being seemed to be resonating and I had a sudden urge to run about like a madman happily screaming what I saw

then again I was a little drunk hehe

but keep looking up
it's the only way to see them and you'd be suprised how many people just don't do that these days

i felt similar.
i felt like running around and hugging people as if i was a hugg'n maniac or something but, i can't do that to soccer players. lol many don't like referee's.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I was outside having a smoke one night about 8 years ago
and I noticed a strange satellite snaking through the sky heading
north to south. I could clearly see the object weaving in a regular pattern
as it passed bye stars.

A few years later, my partner and I were out walking to a friends house one evening
when we both looked up and noticed a very bright light above us. It looked like a helicopters
search light but there was no sound at all. This bright light then accelerated upwards in a
slight arc until it was so small we could'nt see it anymore.

The best one was when I was driving home from work one night. This would have been about
1996 and it was summer, the time would have been about 11:15pm. As I mentioned I was driving
home and I noticed a bright light out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look and saw this huge fireball in the sky, and it was slowly passing me.
It seemed to be quite low and it's angle of decent was similar to that of an aircraft landing.
It had a long red fire tail and inside I noticed a small blue flame, like a bunsen burner.
The fireball made a snapping and crackling sound and blueish/white sparks were shooting out of it
I saw and heard the sparks at the same time suggesting to me that it was very low and close.
It was heading from east to west and probably plopped into the southern ocean if it was a meteorite.
But as I said this was large and slow on a fairly shallow level of decent.

edit on 30-12-2011 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
i remember my first 'sighting',and i felt exactly the way you did!!! it was night time and i was walking my dog,looking up at the night sky as i often do,when i seen a light moving straight across the sky. it was way too high to be a plane,and moving too fast as well. it looked like a star,but it was moving! it kind of freaked me out,i forgot about the dog because i was mesmerized by this,so this gave my dog plenty of time to cover himself full of burs!!!
as it turns out,what i was witnessing was not a ufo,but a satalitte!!!
still freaked me out,because i didn't know at the time.
thanx for the story,and keep looking up

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What i still don't understand about people saying UFO's aren't "real" is why they seem to "forget" what UFO means.

If I see a damn bird in the air that i don't recognise as a bird at first (or anything else for that matter), it's a UFO.

UFO doesn't mean it's a "OMG an Alien Spaceship w00t" !!!...

So yeah...every single day I see UFO's, didn't get the chance to see a spaceship yet thoug...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I yet to see anything cool like that, but I still believe that I will eventually will. Awesome story btw S&F.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Welcome to the club.

If you are a camping type of person then it will never be the same again. I spend so much more time at night looking up now that nights by the fire have a whole new dimension....

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Hey OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld ... Congrats!

Your moment confirms your choice of a different way of thinking now.

Mine started when I was around 8 years old...(1963) My bedroom had a huge window that I kept the curtains open to see the night sky until I fell asleep. However this one night, while in thought, came from the west this streak of light that stopped.. hovered there like a star, then within the time I had to think about that,came four others from different directions.. Thinking to myself, stars don't do that. I had to focus to decern stars from what I thought I'd seen, well within three or so minutes.. each one that came into my view took off at such a high speed in the same direction they came. That was a moment for me... not knowing what had just happen. Never gave it much thought after that.

I recall I was round 10,
My stepbrother and I were walking from his girlfriends house, around 8-30 pm on a summer night. As I was watching where I was walking on the sidewalk, Jim ask me.. do you or can you believe everything your eyes's see? My reply of course was yes. Then tell what do you see there?

He pointed to the right over the house we were walking by and said what is that?
I stopped, looked up, and was amazed! Not knowing of course what I was looking at that moment I just kept walking and looking as it hovered over this house without a sound... I have no idea what that is was my reply..
He said I know. As we continued to walk and look, a hugh Maple tree blocked our view, once we pass this tree
it was gone... We never talked about it after that(which I regret today) To describe it today... with dusk lighting for that evening, it was hugh, no lights on it, but I could see the details of this craft, Never seen anything like it in the movies we' have today depicting such a concept.

19 years old now, in the US Army, basic training, we were at the night fire range to practice shooting at targets with tracers bullets.. I'd say we were in the middle of the time frame for this event, I was in the prone postion in this practice, when between the mountains that we facing came this massive glow of light that just moved ever so slowly and just stop and again hovered there... keep in mind everyone that were in the middle of this test fire, just stopped shooting, complete silence, until the Drill Sargent on the the tower scream out to " Continue firing"
over and over again... no one did. There had to be at least 30 plus troops on the ground firing with the rest of the plattoon behide them watching what was going on.
I'd say, it was quiet for about 2-3 minutes, then this craft just decended into the mountains, once out of sight,
everyone started shooting at their targets. Afterwards, our march back to base, there was rumbling in the ranks saying WTHWT?

Had enough OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Okay thought not!

Age 23,married,with one child, first house we own was out in the sticks.. few neighbors, it was around 2:30am, dogs started to bark around the area, woke me up, thinking what the hell are they barking at, never in the past were they so loud. Got up, walked though the house and looked out the window, across the field was this bright Reddish light, within a short time of taking this in, a beam of light flared towards the ground while moving very slowly. I thought wow, I need to get my wife up to see this, ran into the bedroom and said Linda get up, you need to see this this. By this time it has moved center of the field it was first seen by me, she stopped, quiet for a moment, what is that? I wish I knew I replied. I've seen something like it, but not certain.

Linda and I were out in the Hot Tub late one night, trying not to notice how great she looked with no top on...
I stopped there and look into the stars... when from the south came a streak of light that was far from normal speeds for any aircraft that we have, just stopped above us. Maybe a mile high or so, What came from that moment, I mention to her, I think your picture is being taken.. she sunk deeper into the tub, Where?
Above us.. I tired to point out where this was, to tough to identify due to the stars...
Them basterd got a great shot without my approval..

Anyways, I've seen what may be considered as something out of this world... but you know.. it is.

Continue to look up!

Jessemole!

edit on 30-12-2011 by jessemole because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Congratulations on your first sighting!

What I do wonder is that why do people need to see the UFO first hand before they believe it themselves? There are already countless people here starting a thread stating that they finally believe in UFOs because of what they saw. Still a lot of those who haven't seen them do not learn from the experience of others. Eyewitness account is very credible and with the countless of eyewitnesses we have here in ATS, a vast majority should believe in UFOs by now.

I've never seen one but I still think they are real. I want to see one, I think , maybe not, I dont know. Would probably scare me out of my skin.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The best thing about seeing a UFO is that sense of confirmation and euphoric feeling....like coming home after a long time and you know everything will fall in its place and will be allright.
Hard to describe,but it seems to be an underlying,hidden inside of us,form of acceptance that connects us or opens up a "bigger picture".
We are all part of one system and belong together.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Has anyone seeing dots of light move in the sky ever considered some deviant people just playing around with reflecting laser pointers off of layers of the atmosphere?

VLT's laser guide star is part of the VLT´s adaptive optics system and is launched from Yepun (Unit Telescope 4). It is used for adaptive optics when no good reference stars are found in the field of view. Maybe some people have access to illegal laser pointers.

Skip ahead to 2:40 to see what I mean. Although watching the whole video is great.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I have had one sighting when I was approximately 8y old, together with my family.
As a child I experienced it as something beautiful and exciting.
I found it very strange when I grew up that the adults mainly refused to speak about that event later on.
I mean, nobody said it didn't happen, but it made them obviously uncomfortable to talk about it.
So 30years later I came to witness another strange event.
I'm one of those who saw a star suddenly start moving.
I have no idea why, but as an adult, I experienced this as something shocking.

Love your screen name btw, Minor Threat are the heroes of my youth.
edit on 30-12-2011 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've never seen a great white shark but I know they exist through photos, videos and shark bites etc.
It's a choice not to believe... despite all the evidence.

Personally... I find this video (one of several out there covering the same event) remarkable. How anyone can deny their existence is beyond me.
edit on 30-12-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu
Personally... I find this video (one of several out there covering the same event) remarkable. How anyone can deny their existence is beyond me.

Not commenting here on the reality of UFOs one way or the other, but I believe the consensus in the ufology community is that those Jerusalem vids were hoaxes.

LINK

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

it made me giggle. i was startled, amazed, sensational, happy and so many other ways i was feeling that moment.

Great feeling, yeah?

It really helps to study the UFO subject once you have personnaly seen one. It removes that little bit of doubt from your head.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join