It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a star moving...?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Next time you see those moving stars Againuntodust, ask them in your mind, "If you're listening, light up for me." You may be surprised with the results.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by siak91188
Next time you see those moving stars Againuntodust, ask them in your mind, "If you're listening, light up for me." You may be surprised with the results.

I've tried that during several sightings, trying different things... no dice

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2
you will understand (if u have the privilege to that... advise... be in a place with no city light's and a clear sky)

You are assuming (again).... how do you know that I have never had the privilege to be under a "dark sky"?

In fact, I do live in the city, but I often drive dark sky sites, and sometimes even jump on a plane... it's quite amazing where you can go in this modern age if you put your mind to it.

As I mentioned before, I have spent the last 14 years trying to photograph the night sky (meteors in particular), and in order to do that well, I need to travel to dark sky sites. Usually that is at least 2 or 3 campaigns a year, each one can be up to 4 or 5 nights in a row (During the Perseid meteor shower in August for example), spending almost the entire night from dusk till dawn visually observing the sky, whilst my cameras run in the background.

Next week I have a trip planned to a dark sky site in order to observe the Quadrandid meteor shower.
edit on 29-12-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: clarification

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
To say that all of these sightings are illusions, swamp gas and chinese lanterns is ridiculous to say the least, I know in some cases that may be the case but not all of them.

No one is saying that is what it is in every case. Every case should be taken on a case by case basis.

In this particular case, I don't see why it could not be the cause though. Why couldn't it?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by againuntodust

My Mom has been telling me about seeing these things almost every night for several months, and she finally got to show me one 2 weeks ago when she visited. It is a star, nothing like what the passing jets look like. It seems to be much higher, no flashing beacon lights, just a dull white spot in the sky. It moves much more slowly than a jet, but I assumed it could be a satellite, but then from time to time it will stop moving, then change direction?

My Mom goes out to smoke, and she has the patience to just stare at the sky. It is easy to miss if you are glancing back and forth, because the movement is so slow. You have to stare at it to notice the movement relative to the other stars, and you have to stare for quite some time to see it stop or change direction.

Very odd.

About a month ago I witnessed the same thing to the exact description as yours and reported it to MUFON. A dull white spot in the sky describes it perfectly to what I saw, and the stopping/starting/changing directions. My wife and I saw at least two of these that did this same thing.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

I've explained how this could easily appear to be the case in this thread here.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I`ve been seeing these for months now. They are always out there and even during cloudy skies. Most are very faint star like and seem to flash at times.

They also do some strange stuff at times. Sort of look like falling stars. I at first was only seeing the one pinpoint of light but am starting to notice there are two others there as well. They usually are in triangle shape but that does change so I wouldn`t think they are a solid craft together.

I get the feeling from watching them that they seem to be cleaning the air. They seem to hold large triangle shapes mostly but have done circles and zigzagged and some just shot off in very fast leaving the area. And I`m noticing there are more now then when I first noticed them. It`s like they are everywhere up there but very hard to spot till you know what to look for.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeolus1970

I know exactly what you mean they flash is what I call it and then will move. Seems they need to do that to start in motion to me. They also seem to get a darkness around them when they are hard to see before they light up again.

I`ve tried many times getting pictures of them and only have them show up as orbs pretty much gave up on it altogether after over a 1000 pictures.

I`ve found one other person living here that sees them and I know because he told me where he currently seen one and It was and it is what I see every night also durring storms in the clouds.
Other then that threads like these make me know I`m not seeing things myself.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
After reading this thread I to have seen something very strange which i have never talked about before.
This happen 6 or 7 years ago and at that time I was a smoker so I went on the balcony of my 4th floor apartment to have a smoke.
Noticed some light at a distance coming towards me fast and it was flying over the roof tops off the houses there.
When it came like approximately 400-500 feet from where I was it stopped dead in its tracks and hovered for like 20 seconds and then shot up strait in to space.
I just stood there with my mouth open and the cigarette fell out of my mouth.It definitely left an imprint in my mind and cant never forget this event so now i always look up and try to see something similar again.
Quiet and amazing experience that was.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Perhaps someone should ask NASA, "What are the objects visible in the night sky that seem to bounce around, move in circles and look like stars". I agree they are there, and surely somewhere every night. It don't personally think it would be secret human "tech" because I had a sighting about 5 years ago, and they are frequently mentioned in threads here so it's something that must happen continuously (perhaps even since earth's early history if we look at the ufos throughout the ages evidence
)

It'd be great to understand why they zig zag about
Still OP, hope you enjoyed the sighting!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I use to watch the stars outside..I would lay on my deck and just look up...every now and again i would see a shooting star..i have seen some strange stars my self and really have to look hard..ususally its a airplane for me now...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

It has been said that your eyes can play tricks on you - and it is very true. I will watch stars zip to the right and then zip to the left and then disappear. For me it happens because the light sensing mechanism at the center of my field of vision is not as good as the periphery. So when I see a light out of the side of my eye, and I move my eye to see it, it appears to zip across my field of vision and then disappear, only to reappear on the periphery again. But, you may have seen something else entirely. If you capture it on film, please display it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Just because you see something strange that does not match up to your preconceived idea of how something should look, does not mean you saw something out of the ordinary, and coincidences do happen.

Take this footage for example.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

Anyway, the sky is full of all kinds of objects that can easily confuse an unwary observer, such as satellites, meteors, bugs, lanterns, aircraft, etc

Many, if not all of the reports people are listing here can be explained, if not by one of these, some combination.

reply to post by Connman

You said you tried to take pictures.... What kind of camera/lens did you use? Did you use a tripod? How did you focus the camera?

As I mentioned before, you need a camera like a DSLR and fairly fast lens, all mounted on a tripod and properly focused if you want to catch anything.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
it seems like me and my friends see this almost every time we watch the sky and none of us have an explanation for it. i have seen them move in unison, on their own, flash different colors and move so fast that i couldnt explain it. it even looked like a few of them were flying right at us one time. also when me, my sis and her boyfriend were in colorado we saw them a lot easier and we were kinda freaking out but no one else was so maybe its more common occurence there? or just easier to see cus the sky is so much clearer and seemingly larger.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
Satellites.
Not my 2 cent but 25.000 Dollar.

satellites don't make concentric movements and stop and start again, thank you..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of unexplained things in the night sky, things that are not "conventional" to today's standards. I truly wish that I could have the entire human population in my pocket during each of the times I saw these sightings - so that everyone could see for themselves that these things happen, all the time.

The problem with today, is that everyone keeps their head down. Meaning that we are all distracted with material things like ATS, cell phones, relationships, work, money, TV, etc. and we tend to not look up at the stars anymore. If you doubt me or anyone else in this thread about our sightings, I highly suggest that you take the time out of your busy life and watch the stars. I'm more than sure that you will see something that is non-conventional eventually, if you take the time. Maybe camp out in your back yard with the family for some bonding and watch the stars, grill some burgers and what-not. You'll be surprised at how often the sightings occur, although not being close and personal.

You'll also be able to relax and get away from our manotnous, hell bent world.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
It moved across the sky, then left, then right, then in circles. I thought maybe it was a plane? But it looked just like the other stars, not a plane, and planes went by so I know it wasn't a plane.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but when a plane is during the last stages of it's flight, coming in for landing, if it's heading directly towards you, it can look just like a star that wobbles and moves around a bit. It can seem to be almost perfectly stationary at times.

It's not uncommon that you can only see the one main front-facing head-light under the nose of the plane. Strobes are often only visible from the sides/underneath/back, and in some cases planes don't have them on at all, although they will usually be turned on by the time the plane is on the ground.

I would say that that is probably the most likely explanation of what you saw, based on your description.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

Originally posted by againuntodust
It moved across the sky, then left, then right, then in circles. I thought maybe it was a plane? But it looked just like the other stars, not a plane, and planes went by so I know it wasn't a plane.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it, but when a plane is during the last stages of it's flight, coming in for landing, if it's heading directly towards you, it can look just like a star that wobbles and moves around a bit. It can seem to be almost perfectly stationary at times.

It's not uncommon that you can only see the one main front-facing head-light under the nose of the plane. Strobes are often only visible from the sides/underneath/back, and in some cases planes don't have them on at all, although they will usually be turned on by the time the plane is on the ground.

I would say that that is probably the most likely explanation of what you saw, based on your description.

If he was looking straight up (Which I assume he was), or at a high angle, I highly doubt that the plane would be lit to the size of a star during final approach. You should definitely be seeing the red beacon below the craft, and the strobes on the wings plus engine noise, along with the landing lights. Also, planes will always have beacons and strobes on at all times during night operations. Also, the landing lights are on the front end of wings and front landing gear, not just one lamp.

From what the OP mentioned, it is exactly what I have seen a few times.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
The problem with today, is that everyone keeps their head down. Meaning that we are all distracted with material things like ATS, cell phones, relationships, work, money, TV, etc. and we tend to not look up at the stars anymore.

Except of course for the millions of amateur astronomers around the world.
Check out their message forums.
They're seeing NOTHING as described here.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Clisen33
The problem with today, is that everyone keeps their head down. Meaning that we are all distracted with material things like ATS, cell phones, relationships, work, money, TV, etc. and we tend to not look up at the stars anymore.

Except of course for the millions of amateur astronomers around the world.
Check out their message forums.
They're seeing NOTHING as described here.

Big difference between looking into a small field of view versus the naked eye and maybe binoculars. I've seen what I've seen, and I wish you were there with me to see the events.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join